A Statement from the League

Failmark4.jpg

My friends, many of us have been around long enough to remember when the New Polar Order was a major mover and shaker of this world. No doubt the Order of those days stirs many conflicting memories for we elders, as either targets of their wrath or as allies tossed aside in Polaris' singular quest for vengeance. Regardless of those feelings, one cannot deny that the New Polar Order of yore knew what it wanted and took active measures to pursue their own agenda. Polaris was never a follower and would not neglect its true vendettas to follow the lead of others. But alas, the passage of time is an affliction even upon the best among us, and not everything is meant to last forever. After over a decade of leadership of the world stage the allure of the backseat can be too much, and the world is a poorer place for it.

I say all of this with a heavy heart, as for much of my tenure on Bob I have considered myself a friend, ally, and comrade of the New Polar Order. There was even a time in which I held a bitter grudge against Polaris after they left my beloved New Sith Order on the battlefield to pursue their own grudge against TOP. Yet not even this was enough to sour me on the New Polar Order forever, for there are some bonds so deep that even the most serious of grievances are ultimately meaningless.

You may wonder what bearing any of that past has on what I am about to say, and I assure you it is not without relevance. I have no doubt that there are some who would deign to paint me as yet another enemy of the New Polar Order, but nothing could be further from the truth. Since the earliest days of Bob a real part of my spirit has resided in Polaris despite never having been a member for more than a few weeks in 2019 (a long overdue membership if I would say so myself). The members of Polaris and their leaders I have no long considered to be some of my closest friends, confidants, and collaborators. So I say to you again, I am no enemy to the New Polar Order.

No, I am no enemy to Polaris, and the current state of affairs brings me no joy. It is not anger I feel, but disappointment. Just over two days ago on July 6, 2022, the Federated Allied Independence League was by a member state of the New Polar Order. The attack itself came as no surprise, and to some extent was even expected. When we entered the war against the Pacific in order to aid our friends we did open ourselves up to retaliation from the allies of NPO. No, what was shocking to us was the lack of a declaration of war by the New Polar Order. At first it was our hope that this was merely a clerical oversight, and alliance of such repute as Polaris would surely never make such an amateurish misstep. Yet after more than two days and many more attacks the New Polar Order has yet to rectify this fault.

The Federated Allied Independence League has been left with no choice but to recognize a state of war with the New Polar Order.

On a secondary note, on seeing how the New Polar Order has deteriorated from a major power to being unable to adhere to even the most basic of diplomatic protocols it is undeniable that there is a crisis of leadership. As such the League does ascertain that the New Polar Order has no Emperor. The pretender Buuyo is unfit for such a mantle, as are any of the cabinet of fools feigning to pass themselves off as ministers. The New Polar Order is undoubtedly leaderless and in a state of anarchy. There can be no other explanation for the diplomatic incompetence most recently displayed by their failure to declare of a formal state of war with the League.

And as a final aside, the Federated Allied Independence League hereby declares a state of war with The Killer Turtle Brigade in defense of our friends and protector, the Christian Coalition of Countries.*

Decreed on this day of July 9, 2022

Rebel Virginia, God Emperor of the Federated Allied Independence League, GATO Assembly Chairman Runner-up, Rightful Arbiter of Francoism, and Once and Future Dark Lord of the Sith

*See Buuyo, it's not that hard.

36 minutes ago, Rebel Virginia said:

Failmark4.jpg

My friends, many of us have been around long enough to remember when the New Polar Order was a major mover and shaker of this world. No doubt the Order of those days stirs many conflicting memories for we elders, as either targets of their wrath or as allies tossed aside in Polaris' singular quest for vengeance. Regardless of those feelings, one cannot deny that the New Polar Order of yore knew what it wanted and took active measures to pursue their own agenda. Polaris was never a follower and would not neglect its true vendettas to follow the lead of others. But alas, the passage of time is an affliction even upon the best among us, and not everything is meant to last forever. After over a decade of leadership of the world stage the allure of the backseat can be too much, and the world is a poorer place for it.

I say all of this with a heavy heart, as for much of my tenure on Bob I have considered myself a friend, ally, and comrade of the New Polar Order. There was even a time in which I held a bitter grudge against Polaris after they left my beloved New Sith Order on the battlefield to pursue their own grudge against TOP. Yet not even this was enough to sour me on the New Polar Order forever, for there are some bonds so deep that even the most serious of grievances are ultimately meaningless.

You may wonder what bearing any of that past has on what I am about to say, and I assure you it is not without relevance. I have no doubt that there are some who would deign to paint me as yet another enemy of the New Polar Order, but nothing could be further from the truth. Since the earliest days of Bob a real part of my spirit has resided in Polaris despite never having been a member for more than a few weeks in 2019 (a long overdue membership if I would say so myself). The members of Polaris and their leaders I have no long considered to be some of my closest friends, confidants, and collaborators. So I say to you again, I am no enemy to the New Polar Order.

No, I am no enemy to Polaris, and the current state of affairs brings me no joy. It is not anger I feel, but disappointment. Just over two days ago on July 6, 2022, the Federated Allied Independence League was by a member state of the New Polar Order. The attack itself came as no surprise, and to some extent was even expected. When we entered the war against the Pacific in order to aid our friends we did open ourselves up to retaliation from the allies of NPO. No, what was shocking to us was the lack of a declaration of war by the New Polar Order. At first it was our hope that this was merely a clerical oversight, and alliance of such repute as Polaris would surely never make such an amateurish misstep. Yet after more than two days and many more attacks the New Polar Order has yet to rectify this fault.

The Federated Allied Independence League has been left with no choice but to recognize a state of war with the New Polar Order.

On a secondary note, on seeing how the New Polar Order has deteriorated from a major power to being unable to adhere to even the most basic of diplomatic protocols it is undeniable that there is a crisis of leadership. As such the League does ascertain that the New Polar Order has no Emperor. The pretender Buuyo is unfit for such a mantle, as are any of the cabinet of fools feigning to pass themselves off as ministers. The New Polar Order is undoubtedly leaderless and in a state of anarchy. There can be no other explanation for the diplomatic incompetence most recently displayed by their failure to declare of a formal state of war with the League.

And as a final aside, the Federated Allied Independence League hereby declares a state of war with The Killer Turtle Brigade in defense of our friends and protector, the Christian Coalition of Countries.*

Decreed on this day of July 9, 2022

Rebel Virginia, God Emperor of the Federated Allied Independence League, GATO Assembly Chairman Runner-up, Rightful Arbiter of Francoism, and Once and Future Dark Lord of the Sith

*See Buuyo, it's not that hard.

Rebel Virginia, God Emperor of the Federated Allied Independence League, I salute you. You are a visionary and a pioneer. 

cVMML2c.png

Edited by Lyanna Mormont

38 minutes ago, firingline said:

You really like to hear yourself talk.

Say what you want about the content of the message but the way RV delivers it, alone, makes it worth reading it over and over and over.

I have been a citizen of this world for (far) too many years.  Rebel Virginia has been one of the constants.  

Those that have the skills to deliver a fine oratory are few these days.  It was, and should continue to be, a skill worth a applauding.

I applaud you, RV.

P.S.  The mere mention of LEAGUE took me back to my GOLD days.

Edited by W_A_R
A post script of recollection

1 hour ago, Thrash said:

Now we just need Schatt back.

Agreed.  A' Best Orator' post would be interesting.   There are a few, with different qualities that made them stand out. Some excellent debaters.  

And some truly excellent trolls - Joseph Thorne, Branimir, are you still with us.  

Yet another wonderful declaration, and a reminder that CN still has some memorable moments left to offer. Having FAIL on our side (and the leaderless Polaris on the other) is assurance enough that CCC has picked the best friends for this era of Bob.

o7 FAIL

8 hours ago, jerdge said:

Say what you want about the content of the message but the way RV delivers it, alone, makes it worth reading it over and over and over.

I see the standards have really been lowered over the past few years.