Name This War Thread - DOOM - FTW/NATO War

Tevron

1 minute ago, Tevron said:

FTW isn't on my side this war, I think you must be mistaken. As I said, I'd appreciate if you at least focused on trying to come up with a name :) But you do you!

....FTW was your side during Snake Eyes, you were in RFI right?

The war has a name, Herogasm 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

....FTW was your side during Snake Eyes, you were in RFI right?

The war has a name, Herogasm 

And FTW is now on your side.... right? So I'm not sure what your point was: that FTW should name multiple wars? I don't really think "who names the war" matters so much as having a decent name anyway. Didn't Stewie name the Bicycle War? I'll have to dig up the peace summit, but I guess we'd have to give Doom Wolves naming rights if we're passing batons between AAs or whatever you're implying.

Personally, I think your AA have a voice, just not the only one. Your support of Herogasm is noted!

5 minutes ago, Tevron said:

And FTW is now on your side.... right? So I'm not sure what your point was: that FTW should name multiple wars? I don't really think "who names the war" matters so much as having a decent name anyway. Didn't Stewie name the Bicycle War? I'll have to dig up the peace summit, but I guess we'd have to give Doom Wolves naming rights if we're passing batons between AAs or whatever you're implying.

Personally, I think your AA have a voice, just not the only one. Your support of Herogasm is noted!

Are you being intentionally obtuse? It is kinda fun if you are, it is actually really interesting look for you. I like it!

Was there a community thread for any war naming before? 🤔 

15 minutes ago, Tevron said:

It seems to be the strongest name so far, but the brainstorming for names has only just begun!

Maybe.

8 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Was there a community thread for any war naming before? 🤔 

It used to be pretty common (as was most wars having multiple names depending on which alliances were involved).

1 hour ago, DeathAdder said:

(as was most wars having multiple names depending on which alliances were involved).

Like this one for example:

https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Kaskus-MI6_War

The Kaskus-MI6 War (known by MI6 as "The Less Than No-CB War" and by the rest of the world as "The war of Argent relevancy") began on September 22, 2014, when Kaskus declared war on MI6.

ITT war names should be funny and also have content - like BiPolar - Herogasm is ok on the fun part only. Tevron's alternatives aren't very funny.

I'll go with WC that we can wait for a couple rounds and then see.

2 hours ago, jerdge said:

ITT war names should be funny and also have content - like BiPolar - Herogasm is ok on the fun part only. Tevron's alternatives aren't very funny.

I'll go with WC that we can wait for a couple rounds and then see.

This is the correct take.

Herogasm is honestly the best name anyone's come up with so far, and I'm not just saying that to support NG.

In the spirit of war naming threads that used to actually be fun though, I'll throw out what should have been the most obvious and generic suggestion:

Doom War II

19 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

Herogasm is honestly the best name anyone's come up with so far, and I'm not just saying that to support NG.

In the spirit of war naming threads that used to actually be fun though, I'll throw out what should have been the most obvious and generic suggestion:

Doom War II

or Bipolar War II

1 minute ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

The Delusions of Grandeur War

Because you'd know all too well about that, wouldn't you, Johnny Boy? 😅

14 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

The Delusions of Grandeur War

I'm voting for this tbh. I'm game for waiting, but Herogasim is a fairly stupid name dictated by maybe 3 alliances? Not sure people should be acting like the names already been decided.

Those alliances are free to refer to it however they want, but for community purposes, the name isn't decided. 

Edited by Gh0s7

3 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

I'm voting for this tbh. I'm game for waiting, but Herogasim is a fairly stupid name dictated by maybe 3 alliances? Not sure people should be acting like the names already been decided.

Those alliances are free to refer to it however they want, but for community purposes, the name isn't decided. 

I think we should at least get some agreement from those on both sides of this war for the final name.