CLAWS Declaration of War

2 minutes ago, rabonnobar said:

There are more important things in this world than having a top tier (read: collecting pretty numbers).

Like having fun and doing things of consequence. Sitting on a pile of gold in a network of 9,001 other gold-sitters and then bragging about stepping on an intruder one tenth your size every 5 years isn’t consequential, and I don’t get how it’s fun.

Thank God I left Pacifica years ago after seeing the writing on the wall. I’d probably have three times my current tech and half the casualties, if I hadn’t let my nation fall to inactivity from boredom that is.

I don’t hold ill will towards NPO or anyone else specifically in this world tbh. I just think the current climate is so atrociously dull and it’s entirely self-inflicted.

I mean, that's cool.

I could just, you know, constantly gear up the hegemony and endlessly curbstomp the game over, and over, and over, but, to me, that's just as boring and there's little incentive to do so.

At least this will be entertaining for a few weeks.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Canik said:

lol ok. well, that's fine. keep thinking things are going to *improve* for your side. this is gonna be fun! :)

Your side will lose and Oc/RFI/Doom will remain the hegemony.

The only ones with thoughts that your little crusade will "improve" poorly-thought out mechanics is all on you, bro.

2 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

The only ones with thoughts that your little crusade will "improve" poorly-thought out mechanics is all on you, bro.

All I see is a lot of talk, which is what I should be getting called out for because I’m practically all talk all the time (thought not on here much).

1 hour ago, Velocity said:

Last I checked, Fellowship of the Wolves only has one man on the AA. Lot of effort rolling out against one guy. 

In slightly more seriousness, welcome to the fight, and prepare to get some casualties like you’ve never gotten casualties before 😉

LOLRFL - opps.  I wish I could say I meant to do that as an insult but the truth is, it's been a long day.

3 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Who cares? What are y'all going to do when we are all sub 100k ns and are reigning hell fire on your tech farms? Like 60% of Oc/RFI/Doom will have nothing to do. 

4 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

pirates exist. #piratelivesmatter

2 minutes ago, Smitty256 said:

Who cares? What are y'all going to do when we are all sub 100k ns and are reigning hell fire on your tech farms? Like 60% of Oc/RFI/Doom will have nothing to do. 

I mean, hey, if that's true, then at least DS can quit being disappointed by your lackluster showing in declarations.

7 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

NG held out for over a year with what... 25 nations? They had half of CN on them and yet here they are... in the top 10 alliances.

2 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

I mean, hey, if that's true, then at least DS can quit being disappointed by your lackluster showing in declarations.

We are only 3 days into the war. There is plenty of time. 

1 minute ago, Smitty256 said:

NG held out for over a year with what... 25 nations? They had half of CN on them and yet here they are... in the top 10 alliances.

I nodded to them several times on their rebuild when they were going around posting the stat updates.

Do you actually have a point here, or?

4 minutes ago, Smitty256 said:

“Nothing to do for the majority of our members? Sounds like fun!” - Hegemony, apparently.

3 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

I guess stagger isn’t in your vocabulary but hegemony is? We’ll make pellucid the error in that.

1 minute ago, DeathAdder said:

I nodded to them several times on their rebuild when they were going around posting the stat updates.

Do you actually have a point here, or?

My point is that NPO was so deadset on destroying NG, y'all went and got most of CN to condemn them and denounce them. You built a coalition to destroy them. NPO is the strongest alliance in CN. NG, at the time, was no where near where they are today and yet, they held out. It took a year to get them to simply admit defeat and they only did it because they were bored with the war. They had like 25 nations at the time. They are in the top 10 alliances now. 

You can go on and on about the Hegemony of Oc/RFI/Doom but in the end it doesn't matter. 

15 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

I mean, that's cool.

I could just, you know, constantly gear up the hegemony and endlessly curbstomp the game over, and over, and over, but, to me, that's just as boring and there's little incentive to do so.

At least this will be entertaining for a few weeks.

The incentive to war is fun. There are numbers that can go up (casualties) other than technology and infrastructure.

What differentiates you from a red-team GPA if you think war is “boring” with “little incentive”?

Sure, you have treaties to activate when outside players seeking something-of-consequence force you from your nothingness, but that seems like such a minimal difference to me.

Just now, Smitty256 said:

My point is that NPO was so deadset on destroying NG, y'all went and got most of CN to condemn them and denounce them. You built a coalition to destroy them. NPO is the strongest alliance in CN. NG, at the time, was no where near where they are today and yet, they held out. It took a year to get them to simply admit defeat and they only did it because they were bored with the war. They had like 25 nations at the time. They are in the top 10 alliances now. 

You can go on and on about the Hegemony of Oc/RFI/Doom but in the end it doesn't matter. 

Oh, I see. You're now claiming that we were 'destroying them' in a war that you were involved in, even though you knew the end result was going to be white peace.

Welp, guess we know what types of propaganda we'll be seeing as this war progresses. 

I'm even more proud than ever to be with FTW and this coalition because Smitty & Andrew are both killing it!

Keep serving them up the truth boys. It's so fun to watch them deny and squirm.

Ultimately though, there is a bigger truth - actions > words.
They can deny, muddy the water all they want but in the end we're going to stomp their lower tiers no doubt.
Smaller forces have nearly brought them to their knees even when we were with them. They are truly $%&@ed now. :D

Just now, rabonnobar said:

The incentive to war is fun. There are numbers that can go up (casualties) other than technology and infrastructure.

What differentiates you from a red-team GPA if you think war is “boring” with “little incentive”?

Sure, you have treaties to activate when outside players seeking something-of-consequence force you from your nothingness, but that seems like such a minimal difference to me.

Well, the idea is to have treaties, unless your AA cancels them because they can’t think for themselves.

1 minute ago, rabonnobar said:

War is usually pretty entertaining. Rolling dead husks over and over that don't bother to rebuild themselves? Not so much.

1 minute ago, DeathAdder said:

Oh, I see. You're now claiming that we were 'destroying them' in a war that you were involved in, even though you knew the end result was going to be white peace.

Welp, guess we know what types of propaganda we'll be seeing as this war progresses. 

I'm not claiming anything. Read LoD's DoW on NG. 

He all but says it in his post. 

Just now, Smitty256 said:

I'm not claiming anything. Read LoD's DoW on NG. 

He all but says it in his post. 

Yeah, that was the "evidence" NG were screaming about having back when you were helping us roll them. No one bought it then, either.

6 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Deathadder,

We appreciate your support in the last war. And we look forward to seeing you again in this one. No ill will towards Pacifica. Just can't be much fun to know the conclusion before it begins. 

Your friend,

Joseph M. Black 

Edited by Joseph Black