Pactum de Legio Atlanticum

Custom29.png          alliance_flags713201385607PM.jpg

Preamble
The Legion and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization hereby recognize that they share common interests in the preservation of peace and in the prosperity of Planet Bob as a whole. The two alliances remain sovereign entities and wish to formalize their current state of friendship with this treaty.

Article I: Non-Aggression
No member from one party will declare war or commit any act of espionage on one of the other party members. Such actions will be considered as a breach of this treaty. If either alliance bound to this pact conducts espionage on a non-signing alliance, it is grounds for revocation, but such action may or may not be taken by the other party’s leaders.

Article II: Intelligence
Both parties agree to share all relevant information of worth. This information shall not be falsified, or changed in any way, to mislead the other party. Such falsifications shall be regarded as a breach of the treaty.

Article III: Mutual Defense
Any declaration of war upon a member of either signatory is considered an act of aggression to the undersigned signatories. Peace will only be offered through mutual consent of the alliances represented by the undersigned. Diplomatic channels will remain open to ensure that all signatories are aware of any potential threats developing to either alliances' safety. In the event either signatory declares war via activation of a clause from another treaty, and therefore requests the other signatory's assistance after coming under attack, the mandatory defense is then considered optional defense.

Article IV: Optional Aggression
Neither alliance is obliged to partake in assistance in offensive wars, all military or monetary support is strictly to be decided by each sovereign alliance, yet both are encourage to support each other when needed.

Article V: Termination
This treaty shall only be terminated if either undersigned alliance chooses to exit this treaty or if Article I is found to be violated by a member alliance. If one of the undersigned chooses to terminate this pact, they must give 48 hours notice before the treaty is officially dissolved in which they remain fully bonded to the provisions contained therein.

Signed for NATO:

Devo, Trium

SteelersFan, Trium

Warden, Trium

Lonabis, Secretary of Enlistment

GearHead, Minister of Defense

Lenny N Karl, Chief Justice

Signed for The Legion:

Xineoph, Imperator, Mutalisk Spammer

Lord Windmark, Consul of Defense & Foreign Affairs, Serial Complainer

Deathbiter, Consul of Internal & Economic Affairs

killer04, Shadow Government

Watcher, 🥔

Excellent treaty between excellent people. I'm most impressed that you all jumped straight into an M-level treaty. Shows that you both have a lot of confidence in this relationship which is great to see. Also idk what's going on with the potato but I dig it.

o7 NATO

o7 Legion 

:D 

It's been really great rekindling an old NATO friendship with Legion.  Alot has changed since we were last tied, but clearly we think it's for the better.

The M-level treaty is actually identical to the one we had before.  The typical "progression" of treaty levels seems less needed when a friendship comes easy like this.  

o/ Legion

Also, I see that potato.  :v:

Oh so many many hours in war chats together in the old wars with Killer04 and several others.  After coming back to CN after a several year hiatus it was an honor to work on rebuilding relations with you all. Especially @Xineoph whom routinely drops nukes with us in TE.  @happy5214 I'm coming for the fantasy football challenge this fall!

o/ Legion

o/ NATO

2 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

Respectfully, 

Another treaty due to collect dust the annuals of our collective obsolescence. 

Congratulations to both Legion and NATO on a job well done.

Sincerely, 

Joseph M. Black

I empathize with your feelings, but at the same time I know NATO would not hesitate to honor any of its treaties should the need arise, like it always has done.  Legion joins the halls of the esteemed alliances who enjoy NATO's highest loyalty.  :)

6 hours ago, GearHead said:

I empathize with your feelings, but at the same time I know NATO would not hesitate to honor any of its treaties should the need arise, like it always has done.  Legion joins the halls of the esteemed alliances who enjoy NATO's highest loyalty.  :)

GH,

Call me when a 'need' arrives. The last time someone did something was when the necromatic false God, drug the cadavers out of the grave and poached the nursing home's walker brigade to reform NG. On that note I'll wander back to my keep and let y'all enjoy the celebration.

But again congrats to our allies on their treaty.

Sincerely, 

Joseph M. Black