A peaceful resolution

mrmarx

ucrlet10.png

The time has come, and a peaceful settlement has been reached. Thank you to the government of the Doom Squad for meeting us at the peace table to formally settle this matter. Your armies fought well and secured hard earned victories on the battlefield. 

The UCR remains committed to its anti imperialist stance, and the Volunteer Army remains as a force for peace seeking to aid the defenseless. However, as committed communists, we must reflect and self criticise, so we may carry our lessons into the future. Our commitment is to peace and the right of nations to exercise self determination free from imperialist domination or interference. However, in its desire to act in defense, the Volunteer Army was hasty in its deployment and neglected it's diplomatic commitments. For this, I offer my apologies to the Doom Wolves, and its Alpha, Al Bundy. We are sorry for stooping to your level, for not granting you the same courtesies you deny to your victims. Although we continue to adhere to the position that by taking aggressive action, raiders have willingly forfeited their right to diplomacy, our commitment to peace is more important. The AIPVA will remain committed to the defense of the defenseless in its diplomatic stance, even in its dealings with those who have forsaken diplomacy in favor of nuclear destruction. 

The UCR also must recognize it's heroic friends, who answered the call to stand against imperialism, and selflessly jumped to our defense. The comrades of the Soviet Entente had no obligation to defend us, but they were compelled by the spirit of anti imperialism to act. The UCR will remember this act of friendship, and to be sure of it, I have commissioned a new medal in its celebration. To the Comrades Lucius Optimus and Johnny Apocalypse, I hereby grant the Order of the People's Friendship of the UCR. In recognition of the long standing friendship and cooperation between our nations and our people. 

ucrfri10.png

Again, I want to give my thanks to Doom Squad & co for working with us to arrange this peaceful settlement, and to every nation on the battlefield for putting up your best fight. A bright future stands before us, all that remains is to shape it. 

Forward the Revolution,
Mrmarx, Premier of the Union of Communist Republics

1 hour ago, dane0 said:

Lame

yay-excited.gif

Look at all that unspent energy coursing through my veins!  I will be offering free ringside seats and a complimentary buffet at my Moon Colosseum for the final bouts for our Doom vs. Doom Slayer closing rounds as compensation for people who paid full ticket price for the show. 

1 hour ago, firingline said:

Sounds like they haven't really learned their lesson. Maybe you'll get lucky and they will hit you guys next or something.

Don't look at me pal. It's taken some time but I can actually spell Non Grata now. Check it out:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47w6haa1s4yukhqptm2d

Should be good to go around the same time as everyone else will be; roughly half past never.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

7 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

Pretty much this. These are the things that make it fun to log in.

No; only collect taxes and paid bills ready for THE BIG FIGHT coming next Smarch. 

In all seriousness though I agree, I wouldn't have really decided to get involved with politics here if there was nothing happening to get involved with. I can make my own ventures and have done plenty of times before, but it's also refreshing to see other people make an effort- even if it failed by the close of the campaign. Better to try than to collect taxes, as if you'll some day be able to collect more money than the people with the most money- or something along those lines.

I had fun fighting Doom Squad and they're a nice bunch to shoot the !@#$ with when you shoot each other's !@#$, they certainly have their co-ordination skills down and gave me a constant run for my money (admittedly I was outnumbered 6 to 1. but four of those were wars I started myself. so I can't really bemoan being outnumbered after doing it to myself) I look forward to being able to properly dance with Bundy when I'm not fending off 5 other people. I know he expected a decent show from me afterall.

But yeah, do more things even if they turn out to be bad moves afterwards. Take risks, don't pick the easy fights so often. 

Most importantly; Be excellent to one another.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I look forward to being able to properly dance with Bundy when I'm not fending off 5 other people. I know he expected a decent show from me afterall.

I do indeed, please don't disappoint haha I think your other wars drop off tomorrow! 

Al

20 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

I do indeed, please don't disappoint haha I think your other wars drop off tomorrow! 

Al

Yep, then I am all yours! Hopefully you don't have everything built out of adamantium and diamonds or whatever just like Lord Darrin. He blocked pretty much every GA, CM, AC and Spy op. Only the occasional nuke actually landed or that damage ratio would be even more embarrassing for me.... 

Maybe replace your infra with some paper and empty toilet roll tubes, instead of tech use an endless amount of potato clocks.

51 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Be excellent to one another.

This.

Now for like the hundredth time in the last dozen+ years: requesting forced apologies and then complaining that they wouldn't meet some standard says about you something that, had you thought about it, you wouldn't have really wanted people to associate with you.

(This advice is provided for free just out of my famously generous Heart of Gold: obviously feel free to ignore it, and carry on.)

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

This.

Now for like the hundredth time in the last dozen+ years: requesting forced apologies and then complaining that they wouldn't meet some standard says about you something that, had you thought about it, you wouldn't have really wanted people to associate with you.

(This advice is provided for free just out of my famously generous Heart of Gold: obviously feel free to ignore it, and carry on.)

To be fair - we weren't as much focused on an apology. We requested an admission of defeat, since their leader was parading around shouting 'mission complete' in the middle of a crushing defeat.

Edited by firingline

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Yep, then I am all yours! Hopefully you don't have everything built out of adamantium and diamonds or whatever just like Lord Darrin. He blocked pretty much every GA, CM, AC and Spy op. Only the occasional nuke actually landed or that damage ratio would be even more embarrassing for me.... 

Maybe replace your infra with some paper and empty toilet roll tubes, instead of tech use an endless amount of potato clocks.

Haha I can say that my blockers usually are on a vacation, and let everything slip by haha Shouldnt be too difficult to land some attacks. 

AL

7 hours ago, firingline said:

We requested an admission of defeat, since their leader was parading around shouting 'mission complete' in the middle of a crushing defeat.

Why do you keep getting stuck on one single point you don't even understand? The AIPVA mission was to assist 5 nations in their wars. The AIPVA did that. The mission was over. It's not our fault you assigned arbitrary win/lose conditions to a mission which never had any. 

32 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

Why do you keep getting stuck on one single point you don't even understand? The AIPVA mission was to assist 5 nations in their wars. The AIPVA did that. The mission was over. It's not our fault you assigned arbitrary win/lose conditions to a mission which never had any. 

Wont be over when I raid them all again after I'm through with you haha

Mission Fail?

AL