Disappointed, but not surprised

mrmarx

10 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

You do not possess the authority or ability to protect every alliance and nation under the sun

This is my favorite reply to come put of this whole affair, it truly encapsulates the arrogantly selfish view of the imperialists.  I'm so terribly sorry your majesty, for not having sought proper approval from the crown before standing up to bullies.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mrmarx said:

This is my favorite reply to come put of this whole affair, it truly encapsulates the arrogantly selfish view of the imperialists.  I'm so terribly sorry your majesty, for not having sought proper approval from the crown before standing up to bullies.

It's okay, I forgive you. Just do 5 hail marys and kneel before bundy

Edited by Gh0s7

2 hours ago, Velocity said:

I am unreservedly dismayed at the utter lack of memes in these war threads. This absence is far too draconian for my tastes... I petition for the meme departments of each respective alliance to go into full meme production immediately! 

I’ll even give you all some inspiration with some memes for all sides!

5b5a52b4828fd3393618d6e8e31a13ee.jpg

Planet Bob looks an awful lot like Ohio. I agree that people should lighten up! Too much salt ruins any dish, good or bad.

19 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Still waiting on why Doom Squad got involved and then saw it fit to call in Dark Templar.

"Why is a treaty partner helping their treatied, friendly alliance? REEEEEEE"

10 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Pointing out the lack of formal treaties between DS/DT/DW was more of an observation.

11 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Nah, but there are no formal agreements between ....or Doom Squad and The Dark Templar either.

Literally 2 seconds of googling

Edited by Starcraftmazter

10 hours ago, mrmarx said:

How many times did you talk with DW diplomatically before you attacked them?  Why did you attack them instead of simply waiting until the raid was over the repairing the nations and the publicly announce they were now under your protection?  Instead to attacked.  Why?  Because you saw an opportunity to attack a small alliance and force them to do your will.  You know, like a bully.  The problem with your kind is you try to dress up your bulling was some noble cause.  that makes you bullies and annoying.  

14 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

How many times did you talk with DW diplomatically before you attacked them?

Victims of imperialism, and by extension, those who defend them, have no obligation to beg their oppressors for peace. We made this clear in our announcement thread. If DW was interested in peace, they wouldn't have launched their cowardly attacks

15 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

Why did you attack them instead of simply waiting until the raid was over the repairing the nations and the publicly announce they were now under your protection?

Because The Five deserved the fair fight that DW denied. 

Why should we grant to DW privileges that they would never give their victims?

19 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

Because you saw an opportunity to attack a small alliance and force them to do your will.  You know, like a bully.  The problem with your kind is you try to dress up your bulling was some noble cause.  that makes you bullies and annoying.  

Yawn. Another imperialist attempting to twist actual events that are literally recorded by a computer for all to see. The whole world can see how DW in all their self centered greed chose to dogpile a group of nations they knew had no means of defending themselves. But sure. Please continue to lecture me as to how WE are the bullies for standing up to this crap. Please. Enlighten me. Tell me how I'm actually the big bad bully because I'm tired of folks like DW ganging up on defenseless players for no reason other than their own boredom. Hey @AL Bundy. If you're so bored with nothing happening in this game, delete your nation and go outside.

11 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

Please continue to lecture me as to how WE are the bullies for standing up to this crap. Please. Enlighten me. Tell me how I'm actually the big bad bully because I'm tired of folks like DW ganging up on defenseless players for no reason other than their own boredom. 

For what it's worth. I don't see you as a bully here. 

Just a mama duck that didn't look both ways before trying to lead it's flock of ducklings across the freeway.

Edited by Terrence Krillins

1 hour ago, Terrence Krillins said:

Just a mama duck that didn't look both ways before trying to lead it's flock of ducklings across the freeway.

When there's someone on the other side of that freeway getting curbstomped by a savage gang of thieves and bullies, looking both ways is not an option, and stopping the attack becomes the only priority. 

6 hours ago, Starcraftmazter said:

"Why is a treaty partner helping their treatied, friendly alliance? REEEEEEE"

Literally 2 seconds of googling

A quick look at the Alliance Info page for Doom Squad

Alliance Forums: Forum Link Alliance Created: 12/1/2020 6:17:24 PM
About Doom Squad: Allied with CLAWS, DBDC, DW, and ODN. Resurrected on December 1st, 2020.

Oh dip, I don't see Dark Templar on there at all. It's cool though because you clearly think you're defending DBDC and given your long inactivity I can see why you would get one Doom alliance mixed up with another, and I guess you technically are defending DBDC as this is one of their proxies. Seems you didn't get the memo about this being for Doom Squad, you know, your uh "treaty partner"

7 hours ago, mrmarx said:

Victims of imperialism, and by extension, those who defend them, have no obligation to beg their oppressors for peace. We made this clear in our announcement thread. If DW was interested in peace, they wouldn't have launched their cowardly attacks

Because The Five deserved the fair fight that DW denied. 

Why should we grant to DW privileges that they would never give their victims?

Yawn. Another imperialist attempting to twist actual events that are literally recorded by a computer for all to see. The whole world can see how DW in all their self centered greed chose to dogpile a group of nations they knew had no means of defending themselves. But sure. Please continue to lecture me as to how WE are the bullies for standing up to this crap. Please. Enlighten me. Tell me how I'm actually the big bad bully because I'm tired of folks like DW ganging up on defenseless players for no reason other than their own boredom. Hey @AL Bundy. If you're so bored with nothing happening in this game, delete your nation and go outside.

The Irony here is you are everything you claim they are.  You are t he imperialist you complain about.   I am not even sure you are being serious at this point.  

Random reminder that boredom is best kept at bay by doing something challenging and/or by handling something unpredictable and at least mildly dangerous. It's called excitement.

Now, extracting any excitement out of the gazillionth raid of unsuspecting, unprepared, inexperienced and massively outgunned hopeless targets really looks like sorcery to me... no idea how you can do that, people.

Maybe I'm just lacking in imagination, I don't know.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:15 AM, mrmarx said:

We responded to calls for assistance from independent nations who requested aid. Most would understand the defensive nature of such an act. 

How did these independent nations know that they had the option to request aid from UCR in the first place?  

10 hours ago, mrmarx said:

When there's someone on the other side of that freeway getting curbstomped by a savage gang of thieves and bullies, looking both ways is not an option, and stopping the attack becomes the only priority. 

Looking both ways is always an option. You can only ever truly help the down trodden from a position of power. Not from the position of pancake duck on highway. 

Further more, these nations requested aid from UCR... Why not just feed them cash, tech, soldiers. Give them fighting tips. Defend them for a day or enable them to defend themselves for the duration of their stay on planet Bob. Because you could settle things with DW today and next week it'll just be someone else raiding them.

Edited by Terrence Krillins

7 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

How did these independent nations know that they had the option to request aid from UCR in the first place?  

There is literally a whole thread where mrmarx outlines this.

46 minutes ago, jerdge said:

Random reminder that boredom is best kept at bay by doing something challenging and/or by handling something unpredictable and at least mildly dangerous. It's called excitement.

Now, extracting any excitement out of the gazillionth raid of unsuspecting, unprepared, inexperienced and massively outgunned hopeless targets really looks like sorcery to me... no idea how you can do that, people.

Maybe I'm just lacking in imagination, I don't know.

I'm having fun! I mean I know UCR are outgunned but that itself is part of the challenge. Who knows how the Doomsphere will try to dictate my fate, I sure look forward to finding out though!

22 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

There is literally a whole thread where mrmarx outlines this.

I'm having fun! I mean I know UCR are outgunned but that itself is part of the challenge. Who knows how the Doomsphere will try to dictate my fate, I sure look forward to finding out though!

In regards to your last point, you interjected yourself into the situation, so you dint get to victimize and martyr yourself now.

Edited by Gh0s7

Just now, Gh0s7 said:

The thread was posted, at the very same time as them declaring war on Doom Wolves. There was neither advanced notice nor diplomacy done by any metric. Marx gas even stated before the proposal was only put forward and not even ratified when they actively used it. So the thread is honestly lackluster in the context of doomwolves in my eyes, by you will continue to argue your point regardless of how events have or will unfold.

In regards to your last point, you interjected yourself into the situation, so you dint get to victimize and martyr yourself now.

Perhaps someone had already contacted UCR requesting assistance prior to the establishment of AIPVA, which gave them the idea to create it as a formal invitation to independents to ask and UCR will provide support. It's not a massive stretch to think that would be the case.

Also, I said I was having fun. Where you're getting this idea of self-martyrdom or victimising myself is beyond me, especially as I don't have any terms presented- though it is early days yet, I can wait. I was being sincere when I said "Who knows how Doomsphere will attempt to decide my fate, I sure look forward to finding out though!"