Disappointed, but not surprised

mrmarx

ucrlet10.png

My, what lengths the imperialists will go to secure their rotten plunder. What fabrications they will concoct, what mental gymnastics they will execute. It appears that the Doom Squad could not possibly conceive of a world in which independent nations may organize their own affairs free from the interference of thugs and bullies. And they apparently are so afraid of the collective self defense of the people that they had to call in their friends for help. What a sad state for the imperialists. 

Doom Squad has accused the Union of Communist Republics of putting forth an "unenforceable" doctrine. Do the illustrious rulers of Doom Squad truly assert that the right to self determination is "unenforceable"? That we are not free to render aid to those who request it? Do they stand here and claim the right to bully whoever they please without facing the consequences?

Let us dispense with the lies spewed by the rogues. We have never passed a resolution calling for the "enforcing" of a "no raid doctrine".   Our resolution, and our announcement regarding said resolution, are perfectly clear and plainly written. We stand for the right of nations to self determination. That includes the right to secure their own defense when in the face of imperial terror. Are the raiders so devoted to their brutish bullying of anyone weaker than themselves that they have failed to employ a basic level of reading comprehension? Are they so deluded by greed that they honestly view the organized self defense of victims of imperialism to be a threat to their sovereignty? Perhaps. Far more likely, however, is that this is simply the reaction of an entitled bully who can't handle being told "no".

The Union of Communist Republics proudly stands opposed to this cowardly aggression waged against our brave anti imperialist fighters. We shall remain resolute, fear no sacrifice, and overcome every difficulty to achieve the final victory against imperialist domination.

Mrmarx,

Premier of the UCR

Proud Fighter of the Anti Imperialist People's Volunteer Army

Edited by mrmarx

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You attacked our treaty partners, and you're "disappointed" that we fought back? Talk about arrogance.

Let's be clear. You thought you could bully Doom Wolves. (As noted, you haven't attacked Non Grata for their raids.) So you did. And now we're defending our allies.

Edited by firingline

2 minutes ago, firingline said:

You attacked our treaty partners, and you're "disappointed" that we fought back? Talk about arrogance

We responded to calls for assistance from independent nations who requested aid. Most would understand the defensive nature of such an act. But I suppose we can add the concept of context to the list of things we don't understand. 

4 minutes ago, firingline said:

Let's be clear. You thought you could bully Doom Wolves. (As noted, you haven't attacked Non Grata for their raids.) So you did. And now we're defending our allies

Let's be clear. We responded to calls for assistance from nations actively being targeted and bullied by the soon wolves. We chose to offer our aid. We did not receive calls for assistance from any nation under attack from NG. But even if we did, we do not need to justify our allocation of anti imperialist resources to anyone, least of all an imperialist thug

The imperialists still showing us that they cannot help but to warp history to fit their narrative. "The AA coordinating blitz raids against nations with no defense network aren't the bullies," they say, "it's actually the ones who selflessly provide their own assistance"

Yeah. I mean we can grand stand all you want (I encourage it in fact, makes for some lulz) but at the end of the day you attacked a protectorate with only moral cause which many would argue to be unjust cause. You gotta protect your protectorates. That's the bottom line. 

1 minute ago, mrmarx said:

The imperialists still showing us that they cannot help but to warp history to fit their narrative. "The AA coordinating blitz raids against nations with no defense network aren't the bullies," they say, "it's actually the ones who selflessly provide their own assistance"

I mean, you are playing a game where warfare is a significant thing...You could play Nintendogs instead if you believe all isn't fair in love and war.

9 minutes ago, Terrence Krillins said:

but at the end of the day you attacked a protectorate with only moral cause which many would argue to be unjust cause

So if we had individually signed treaties with each of the nations who requested and and posted them here for all to see, our defense of the defenseless would be acceptable to you?     HA!     And just last week every thread on here was decrying the act of signing treaties. What a joke. 

3 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

So if we had individually signed treaties with each of the nations who requested and and posted them here for all to see, our defense of the defenseless would be acceptable to you?     HA!     And just last week every thread on here was decrying the act of signing treaties. What a joke. 

It was always a joke. You've just stopped finding it funny.

18 minutes ago, mrmarx said:

I would find your cause a little more relatable. As you'd just be doing right by your buddies. Kinda like how DS is doing right by their buddies. 

If you get a chance, send my best to ComradeV. He's the only guy I still recognize from your group. Wish him well!

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

The Doom Squad cowards cannot face the UCR alone?

Pathetic.

Well you see, there's this thing called tiering. Not sure if you understand how it works, but...

Edited by Gh0s7

1 hour ago, mrmarx said:

We responded to calls for assistance from independent nations who requested aid. Most would understand the defensive nature of such an act. But I suppose we can add the concept of context to the list of things we don't understand. 

Let's be clear. We responded to calls for assistance from nations actively being targeted and bullied by the soon wolves. We chose to offer our aid. We did not receive calls for assistance from any nation under attack from NG. But even if we did, we do not need to justify our allocation of anti imperialist resources to anyone, least of all an imperialist thug

You do not possess the authority or ability to protect every alliance and nation under the sun. So your reasoning to protect someone because you believe it is morally right is, simply put, moot. But it appears to be the Hill you've chosen to die on. Yet, you only chose to die 9n it when it was someone you believed to be weaker than yourself. You were bored and decided to chose some moralist crusade, don't be surprised that you got some blowback from it, but at the very least, it should alleviate some of your boredom. Goodluck and have fun

53 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

Well you see, there's this thing called tiring. Not sure if you understand hoe it works, but...

oibmw0x.png

i guess not

Still waiting on why Doom Squad got involved and then saw it fit to call in Dark Templar. This isn't a case of "tiering" this is a case of you all being too cowardly to fight without an absurd amount of backup.

The newly formed militia; the Anubian Liberation Front hereby declares war against the imperialist aggressors in solidarity with the UCR.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

7 hours ago, mrmarx said:

We responded to calls for assistance from independent nations who requested aid. 

It doesn't matter why you did it. You attacked our allies and treaty partners. And you're not 'disappointed' we defend those allies?

Still waiting on why Doom Squad got involved and then saw it fit to call in Dark Templar. This isn't a case of "tiering"

1) We got involved pursuant to our treaty obligations with Doom Wolves.

2) Oh dear, he actually doesn't understand the concept of "tiering". 

Edited by firingline

4 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

oibmw0x.png

i guess not

Still waiting on why Doom Squad got involved and then saw it fit to call in Dark Templar. This isn't a case of "tiering" this is a case of you all being too cowardly to fight without an absurd amount of backup.

The newly formed militia; the Anubian Liberation Front hereby declares war against the imperialist aggressors in solidarity with the UCR.

Why wouldn't DS get involved? 

I also love the tiering thing... when a 3 man aa gets hit by a 20 nation alliance and sanctioned everyone event the newbie for no reason your supposed to fight fair. Hmmrrr.... you must be unfamiliar with this game. 

AL

6 hours ago, mrmarx said:

Everyone is decrying the fact that it feels like you can't attack anyone without half the alliances in the game coming back at you in "defense" due to them having 20-odd treaties. It's actually a bit ironic that in your quest to fight back against the practice of raiding, you've proven why the treaty web has all but killed it on its own by getting steamrolled over such a small aggressive war you've waged. 

So, yes, unfortunately you probably should've just treatied every unaligned nation that you intend to protect. This world has never rewarded moralism, and it certainly isn't going to start now.

6 hours ago, mrmarx said:

Haha not one of the nations we raided requested peace at any time or any kinda cease of hostilities. Nor did UCR ask for us to cease attacks on any nation. If we were asked or request I would have granted them the peace... As I always do when raiding.

Instead I was nuked which tells me they want to fight and then hit by an UCR, and sanctioned..... Sad how it all could have been avoided by a simple message.

Al

1 hour ago, lilweirdward said:

Everyone is decrying the fact that it feels like you can't attack anyone without half the alliances in the game coming back at you in "defense" due to them having 20-odd treaties. It's actually a bit ironic that in your quest to fight back against the practice of raiding, you've proven why the treaty web has all but killed it on its own by getting steamrolled over such a small aggressive war you've waged. 

So, yes, unfortunately you probably should've just treatied every unaligned nation that you intend to protect. This world has never rewarded moralism, and it certainly isn't going to start now.

LWW, continuing to express most succinctly the heart of the truth of the matter. Truly the philosopher of our times.

1 hour ago, AL Bundy said:

Haha not one of the nations we raided requested peace at any time or any kinda cease of hostilities. Nor did UCR ask for us to cease attacks on any nation. If we were asked or request I would have granted them the peace... As I always do when raiding.

Instead I was nuked which tells me they want to fight and then hit by an UCR, and sanctioned..... Sad how it all could have been avoided by a simple message.

Al

Is that so? Well, I must sincerely apologise for being far too hasty! Here's my message for you then, Al.

"Please stop raiding all of those unaligned nations. I'll grant you probably want a round with UCR as reps, so you can have that, but then peace them out too. Thanks!"

Somehow, I don't think it's gonna work like that, but it's worth a try? Deescalating tensions here would be in everyone's best interest.