Treaty of Messina

v0i0CdT.jpg

TREATY OF MESSINA

Preamble
The Knights Of The Round Table and Ordo Cyberneticus, hereafter the signatories, confirm their friendship and collective defense, and hereby enter into this Optional Defense Pact.

Article I: Sovereignty
The signatories will not interfere in the sovereignty, governance, or affairs of the other.

Article II: Non-Aggression
The signatories will refrain from all forms of aggression against the other, including sanctions, spying, and war.

Article III: Intelligence
Intelligence which pertains to the safety or stability of the either alliance will be shared between the signatories.

Article IV: Aid & Financial Transactions
The signatories may engage in financial transactions for their mutual benefit, including foreign aid, buying and selling of technology, and resource trades.

Article V: Optional Defense
If one signatory comes under assault from a hostile nation or alliance, it may request diplomatic and military assistance from the other. Military assistance is optional and may include foreign aid, spy operations, and use of military force.

Article VI: Cancellation
This Pact may be cancelled, with or without cause, by either signatory with 72 hours written notice.

Signed for Ordo Cyberneticus,

Martialis - Lord High Admiral

Caesar III - High Cybernetic Consilium

September 8, 2021

Signed for the Knights of the Round Table,

Knights of the Grail, Knight-King

Lollerobot, Knight-Ambassador

Ratified, September 15, 2021

ffpu5Tb.jpg

Official Treaty Seal

Mategriffon

3 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Hail Knights of the Round Table!

Hail Ordo Cyberneticus!  

Say KoRT, between both of us we should be able to fill all OC’s  aid slots.  Let’s do this!

a whopping 20 slots shared between what... 150 nations? I would certainly hope you can manage that. Oh wait... 37.5% efficiency. Maybe not?

3 hours ago, Caustic said:

a whopping 20 slots shared between what... 150 nations? I would certainly hope you can manage that. Oh wait... 37.5% efficiency. Maybe not?

Say what you will about CLAWS, but they do have a good philosophy for setting goals. Recognize what it is possible and then go slightly beyond that. I'm sure you'll feel silly a few months from now once CLAWS has surpassed all expectations and filled most of those 20 slots.

4 hours ago, Caustic said:

They can fill OC's slots exactly because they have a lot of free slots themselves. Were they at 100% efficiency they wouldn't have slots to use with OC.

Glad to have cleared it for you.

Edited by jerdge
typo

2 hours ago, jerdge said:

They can fill OC's slots exactly because they have a lot of free slots themselves. Were they at 100% efficiency they wouldn't have slots to use with OC.

dude it is real weird the way you have chosen to play this game. 

9 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Objectively speaking he is right tbf.

Neutrality isn't everyone's jam but I can see the appeal of not having a strong opinion on anyone one way or another. Just following truths instead of bias and party lines pushed from an ivory tower designed to serve other people's agendas (Merge and assimilate like a puffer fish does to make itself seem bigger, take a whole year to form a coalition to guarantee a curbstomp victory- or do nothing if that cannot be guaranteed while you watch members drift off to the realm of inactivity)

It's really quite nice and liberating to play this way if I'm honest (not that I'm 'playing' anymore but ygm)

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

16 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Ordo has zero Disaster Relief Agencies. So it should be pretty easy.  

guggbj.JPG

The econ minister in me is cringing so hard at this. How do you guys have 5 SDIs and 0 DRAs? Please for the love of Bob get everyone to buy a DRA, this is beyond terrible.

20 hours ago, jerdge said:

I can't tell if you're actually serious, trolling, or just flat out missed my entire point. Standard Jerdge. 

17 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

The game as CN or the game as what's going on in this thread?

44 minutes ago, Caustic said:

I can't tell if you're actually serious, trolling, or just flat out missed my entire point. Standard Jerdge. 

The second one, which doesn't exclude the third one. It was difficult to tell by design.

(I wasn't trolling you, BTW.)

(I'll get back to JA's post later. Maybe.)

21 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Objectively speaking he is right tbf.

Neutrality isn't everyone's jam but I can see the appeal of not having a strong opinion on anyone one way or another. Just following truths instead of bias and party lines pushed from an ivory tower designed to serve other people's agendas (Merge and assimilate like a puffer fish does to make itself seem bigger, take a whole year to form a coalition to guarantee a curbstomp victory- or do nothing if that cannot be guaranteed while you watch members drift off to the realm of inactivity)

It's really quite nice and liberating to play this way if I'm honest (not that I'm 'playing' anymore but ygm)

I'm not sure how neutrality per se has anything to do with slot efficiency, however I'm happy to make yet another pointless post about it, and my take on it.

To me neutrality meant not to support any external party, not to be indifferent to any of them (although I am indifferent to most of them).

When I cared about CN I used to have pretty strong opinions, I just didn't air them, unless doing so served me or my friends.

And yes, not having to get into all the stuff you briefly alluded to is liberating.

5 hours ago, jerdge said:

I'm not sure how neutrality per se has anything to do with slot efficiency, however I'm happy to make yet another pointless post about it, and my take on it.

To me neutrality meant not to support any external party, not to be indifferent to any of them (although I am indifferent to most of them).

When I cared about CN I used to have pretty strong opinions, I just didn't air them, unless doing so served me or my friends.

And yes, not having to get into all the stuff you briefly alluded to is liberating.

I guess I make a link in my head between the position of Neutrality and being more prone to focusing on the objective and less the subjective aspects of a dispute. So in relation to the slot efficiency comment, you were simply stating that; on paper the stats suggest CLAWS could easily fill OC's slots, especially with the low slot use suggesting plenty of gaps in the market among their buyers,

Not a politically charged response, a purely neutral response

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

On 10/3/2021 at 6:06 PM, Smitty256 said:

I am kind of surprised by this treaty. KoRT doesn't need Ordo. No one does.

Have Ordo been shamed into buying DRA's yet?

Follow-up edit:

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. 1 DRA down, 7 to go.

khkLZ5i.png

Edited by dane0