Jump to content

Alpha Wolves Return (EX)


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Bionic redhead said:

 

Yes you did very well in a game of sissy-rugby once. Congrats. So what?

A Football legend! Why wouldn't anyone what to drop to have the chance to tangle with the best. Getting older but still got it! 

 

GiganticUnkemptGoldenmantledgroundsquirr

 

I mean what the heck else is anyone doing....

a1ed35643d9adbda3f689bb2bdb1e509.gif

 

Al

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lord Hershey said:

When you stated “informal ally,” you are agreeing that Non Grata had no treaty obligation with FAN. And what is convoluted about it? We’re assisting them in attacking the rogue, even though we have no treaty obligation with Non Grata or FAN. I figured Firingline could benefit his fighting ability from fighting someone like Bundy, unlike those incompetent rogues we had to deal with earlier this year.

 

Of course they don't have a formal treaty, but alliances have held paperless treaties and similar informal arrangements since forever. Anyway I don't know what it matters since, despite Bundy's repeated claims, he is a rogue as you just said, and neither you nor NG or anyone else needs any sort of treaty activation to go after a rogue. You are free to choose to believe NG or not when they say they were asked to get involved, but I don't understand how the lack of a formal defense treaty has any bearing on whether they really were asked or not.

 

3 hours ago, Lord Hershey said:

We have dealt with rogues ourselves twice this year. Sadly, Non Grata was not around to assist us in both of those times.

 

I know this wasn't addressed to me but it's just too good haha. I'm thinking they didn't assist because...you didn't ask? Crazy how that would work if true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

 

I know this wasn't addressed to me but it's just too good haha. I'm thinking they didn't assist because...you didn't ask? Crazy how that would work if true.

 

Casualties are getting harder and harder to come by so for real tho 

 

@AL Bundy you don't need to leave anarchy. I need you just to buy up so I can declare, it is very easy. Just buy infra or donate, I am sure admin will appreciate the thank you for all the years you have enjoyed his game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lord Hershey said:


So it’s a friend, respectable, but Non Grata has no treaty obligation to help FAN. It’s simply a case where Non Grata and others that have a vendetta towards Bundy specifically for his past so there’s an incentive for Non Grata to get involved. I don’t think Bundy has an issue with that, the feeling is mutual between them and I’m confident we both agree with that notion.
 

I don’t know about a list of rogues and whether it exists or not and I don’t speak for DBDC. You may want to ask DBDC about that, though.

 


I find it very hard to believe that FAN, a very respectable and independent alliance, would come to you first and request that your alliance assist FAN against Bundy and his alliance.
 


We have dealt with rogues ourselves twice this year. Sadly, Non Grata was not around to assist us in both of those times. Firingline was gladly able to assist your alliance in handling Bundy, albeit temporarily it would seem.


 


When you stated “informal ally,” you are agreeing that Non Grata had no treaty obligation with FAN. And what is convoluted about it? We’re assisting them in attacking the rogue, even though we have no treaty obligation with Non Grata or FAN. I figured Firingline could benefit his fighting ability from fighting someone like Bundy, unlike those incompetent rogues we had to deal with earlier this year.

 


Not anymore, judging from the war screen, unfortunately.


 

I can’t believe you put in enough effort to actually type out this nonsensical and disingenuous post. 
 

You want to see the logs of FAN asking for help? Find me on Discord and I’ll happily show you the screenshot. You don’t actually care though. FAN doesn’t do treaties, but we’ve long been informal allies. 
 

Firingline helping? How many times did yoi chuckle typing that? He’s either one of the worst fighters in CN history or was deliberately hindering the war effort. Based on the outcome there’s no guess as to which actually happened, but you spinning it as a positive effort on his part is about par for the course. 
 

I’d say your better than this Hershey, but you’re not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kerschbs said:


 

I can’t believe you put in enough effort to actually type out this nonsensical and disingenuous post. 
 

You want to see the logs of FAN asking for help? Find me on Discord and I’ll happily show you the screenshot. You don’t actually care though. FAN doesn’t do treaties, but we’ve long been informal allies. 
 

Firingline helping? How many times did yoi chuckle typing that? He’s either one of the worst fighters in CN history or was deliberately hindering the war effort. Based on the outcome there’s no guess as to which actually happened, but you spinning it as a positive effort on his part is about par for the course. 
 

I’d say your better than this Hershey, but you’re not. 

 

It's going to be awfully embarrassing when I come back tomorrow and compare the stats from my war against Bundy and that of your allies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, firingline said:

 

It's going to be awfully embarrassing when I come back tomorrow and compare the stats from my war against Bundy and that of your allies. 

Don't bother.. the fact that it took you 4 days to run 8 attacks says enough. Just about the time folks started hissing about WS filling.

18 hours ago, Lord Hershey said:


 specifically for his past

 

No.. not specifically.. but it makes saying, "Yes" when asked to go in that much easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Valtamdraugr said:

Don't bother.. the fact that it took you 4 days to run 8 attacks says enough. Just about the time folks started hissing about WS filling.

No.. not specifically.. but it makes saying, "Yes" when asked to go in that much easier.

 

"Don't bother", because you know it's specifically Fark nations whose effort I'm about to compare to my own - and, like I said, it's going to be awfully embarrassing.

 

To be clear - FAN asked me to specifically avoid nuclear attacks and let a specific Fark nation nuke for max damage, a request I honored. As a result, there were fewer attacks the first couple of days (until that nation's war ended). That being said, I believe the total number of attacks in the first week was over 60. 

 

I'll be back a little later today and we'll evaluate NG and Fark's claims. The data will speak for itself.

Edited by firingline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Firingline helping? How many times did yoi chuckle typing that? He’s either one of the worst fighters in CN history or was deliberately hindering the war effort.

 

Following up!

 

I did ~5,916 NS damage to Bundy.

 

The two Fark nations fighting him did 5,947 NS damage - combined.

 

For that matter, you only did about 800 more NS of damage, despite having a WRC and 3x my tech. In fact, the two Fark nations I listed also had WRCs and way more tech than me. 

 

If I'm one of the 'worst fighters in CN history', what does that make Fark? What does that make you?

 

Look, Doom Squad was happy to do the neighborly thing and assist Non Grata with their rogue. Based on the stats, it's quite clear the assistance was meaningful (compared to the damage you could produce) and quite important to your war effort. Maybe we should also consider sharing some guides or something with you to help NG & friends moving forward, since by your own admission your performance makes you and your allies 'among the worst fighters in CN history.'

 

 

 

Edited by firingline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, REALPAL said:

What?

 

3,603.15 4,186.03
Technology Lost: 1,020.36 1,682.66
Land Lost: 3,366.786 5,645.422
Land/Tech/Infra: 20,961.42 Strength Lost 29,439.50 Strength Lost

 

Here are the two wars for the Fark nations that fought him at the same time as me:

 

https://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=846465

 

https://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=846487

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, REALPAL said:

So in your calculations I don't count for your purposes?

 

Why would you count? You're a 320k NS nation with over 40k tech and we were told to let you do the nuking. No reasonable person would make a comparison between your performance and mine.

 

I compared the damage from the Fark nations I fought alongside for most of the war who were in the same 'weight class' (though they had significant wonder and tech advantages, so the fact that two of them only equaled me is pathetic.) I also compared my performance to the guy doing the trash talk, also in the same size range as me.

 

I guess I don't know why any of this is confusing to you, it seems like common sense to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, firingline said:

I did ~5,916 NS damage to Bundy.

 

The two Fark nations fighting him did 5,947 NS damage - combined.

 

This is true, although imo it is also kind of weird that Bundy did a little over 40k combined damage (7.9k to Moose Hole, 11.9k to nachoburrito, and 21k to REALPAL) to the Fark nations, but not even 2k NS damage to you. Also, you're conveniently ignoring the two wars since then where you and Bundy did practically nothing to each other except occupy a war slot for a few days before peacing out. 

 

18 hours ago, kerschbs said:

He’s either one of the worst fighters in CN history or was deliberately hindering the war effort.

 

Tbh, given the data (and FL's own arguments), I think we can pretty easily tell which it is, and to his credit it's clearly not that he's terrible at war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:


This is true, although imo it is also kind of weird that Bundy did a little over 40k combined damage (7.9k to Moose Hole, 11.9k to nachoburrito, and 21k to REALPAL) to the Fark nations, but not even 2k NS damage to you. 

 

It's really not that odd at all. Bundy clearly focused his nukes (and energy) on the nations he had more of an axe to grind with, and put little effort into fighting me. Nobody's disputing that.

 

Quote

Also, you're conveniently ignoring the two wars since then where you and Bundy did practically nothing to each other except occupy a war slot for a few days before peacing out. 

 

My second war with him was ended by divine intervention. IIRC it was roughly 24 hours in, I had fired CMs but had no chance with air, my GA's had failed, but I had just nuked him for the first time. Had there been no divine intervention, I assure you, the second war would have looked very similar to the first.

 

(OOC: the third war I thought it smarter to peace out given I did not want to be seen as being an ass to the mods, as others informed me my attack could be perceived as. After I peaced out, NG filled his third slot.)

 

Quote

Tbh, given the data (and FL's own arguments), I think we can pretty easily tell which it is, and to his credit it's clearly not that he's terrible at war.

 

Correct - we can tell that I put in real effort against Bundy, despite NG's incessant whining. 

Edited by firingline
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Master Hakai said:

firing line fustrated that no one will believe he did he absolute bestest!

I mean it was bad enough the mods deleted the war for war slot filling, I don't know why he's here trying to argue the point with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, firingline said:

 

"Don't bother", because you know it's specifically Fark nations whose effort I'm about to compare to my own - and, like I said, it's going to be awfully embarrassing.

 

To be clear - FAN asked me to specifically avoid nuclear attacks and let a specific Fark nation nuke for max damage, a request I honored. As a result, there were fewer attacks the first couple of days (until that nation's war ended). That being said, I believe the total number of attacks in the first week was over 60. 

 

I'll be back a little later today and we'll evaluate NG and Fark's claims. The data will speak for itself.


Except for the five days you nuked Bundy and then bragged on another medium that you were reducing his damage taken deliberately.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kerschbs said:


Except for the five days you nuked Bundy and then bragged on another medium that you were reducing his damage taken deliberately.

 

 

 

 

I was wondering when someone would bring that up

 

But then the Doomreich protecting its own even in defiance of convention shouldn't surprise anyone that's paying attention. Assuming anyone at all is alive out there that still cares about such things. 

 

Most days I have my doubts 

Edited by Lucius Optimus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I was wondering when someone would bring that up

 

But then the Doomreich protecting its own even in defiance of convention shouldn't surprise anyone that's paying attention. Assuming anyone at all is alive out there that still cares about such things. 

 

Most days I have my doubts 

Bragging and bickering over war results is just as exciting as it was five thousand days ago, which by the way is roughly the same era in which actual conventions were effectively purged from this place.

But I still care, I'm that old fashioned.

 

Edited by jerdge
.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 5:43 AM, HeroofTime55 said:

 


in b4 he tries to recruit you to play tank games with him

 

I may be a burnout but at least I'm not a burnout who established my own narcissistic discord called "Johnnytopia" and also tried (and failed) to co-opt another alliance's flags and lore for a demented crypto-fascist ideology- I could go on.....

 

I'd rather eat my own lips off than play tanks with that loon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ChimaJunkaTywiZigur has been accused of many things but this is the first time I hear he'd be crypto fascist.

 

I understand the fun that can be found in making light of his too often absurd discourses, but... it lacks gentleness. Gentleness which - and yes and apologies: I know that I'm going out on a limb with this - is something he'd be in dire need to be shown and to experience.

Beware, do not create your little personal Goldstein. Keep watch on yourselves.

 

(But what do I know, anyway?)

 

Edited by jerdge
clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...