Alpha Wolves Return (EX)

AL Bundy

55 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

I am afraid nobody would notice and those that did would not care.  And the lack of moralists and thus the outrage would also be missing.  Oh how I miss the days of Bilrow chasing alliance off of Green, or ES loosing his !@#$ and attacking or threatening and alliance that would lead to a global war, or GATO proclaiming they did not recognize Polar as a separate alliance from Pacifica or some stupid alliance attacking some other alliance and bragging about to only be wrecked by most of Planet Bob.  The never ending trolling of NPO and the flamefests  and war that would result;  Now you could troll NPO and it might be a month before they noticed if ever.  Ah the good old days.

Aw you miss me

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, jerdge said:

The question is simple: what's a shark week, exactly. I already have a general idea of the thing.

Mine is just genuine curiosity and nothing else. I'm not holding my breath, anyway.

For the answer, you'll have to indulge my vanity and forgive all the missing photos in the post below. The years have not been kind.

17 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

I am afraid nobody would notice and those that did would not care.  And the lack of moralists and thus the outrage would also be missing.  Oh how I miss the days of Bilrow chasing alliance off of Green, or ES loosing his !@#$ and attacking or threatening and alliance that would lead to a global war, or GATO proclaiming they did not recognize Polar as a separate alliance from Pacifica or some stupid alliance attacking some other alliance and bragging about to only be wrecked by most of Planet Bob.  The never ending trolling of NPO and the flamefests  and war that would result;  Now you could troll NPO and it might be a month before they noticed if ever.  Ah the good old days.

Between everyone getting too chummy and rest being too scared to make a move, Bob’s populace decided they don’t want war anymore. It’s a disgusting and pathetic world and I’m ashamed of most of you. 

Edited by kerschbs

7 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

For the answer, you'll have to indulge my vanity and forgive all the missing photos in the post below. The years have not been kind.

This situation hasn't that many jokes and neither there's a DoW, though. What makes it a real shark week?

5 hours ago, jerdge said:

This situation hasn't that many jokes and neither there's a DoW, though. What makes it a real shark week?

That Shark week didn't have a DoW. I've never been trusted with doing a DoW because I'd make it a story rather than an ironic statement of how totally chillax we be about the sitch really bro. That one didn't really have communication from gov, either, and I dislike that you're underestimating my abilities to make bad jokes. 

Guess the Shark Week is in the eye of the beholder. Of course, Stewie and I are not involved with this Shark Week, so you have a fair point there.

2 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

That Shark week didn't have a DoW. I've never been trusted with doing a DoW because I'd make it a story rather than an ironic statement of how totally chillax we be about the sitch really bro. That one didn't really have communication from gov, either, and I dislike that you're underestimating my abilities to make bad jokes. 

Guess the Shark Week is in the eye of the beholder. Of course, Stewie and I are not involved with this Shark Week, so you have a fair point there.

I don't know you very well but I'm ready to trust you on your word about your jokes capabilities, for good or for bad as they may be.

I miss Stewie's presence here, btw. I gather that he managed to get banned, I don't know anything about the case thus I have no opinion on whether he really deserved it, but I wish he'd be allowed back (if he too wanted it ofc).

4 hours ago, jerdge said:

I don't know you very well but I'm ready to trust you on your word about your jokes capabilities, for good or for bad as they may be.

I miss Stewie's presence here, btw. I gather that he managed to get banned, I don't know anything about the case thus I have no opinion on whether he really deserved it, but I wish he'd be allowed back (if he too wanted it ofc).

get on discord, nerd.

19 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Between everyone getting too chummy and rest being too scared to make a move, Bob’s populace decided they don’t want war anymore. It’s a disgusting and pathetic world and I’m ashamed of most of you. 

Aren't you alliance leadership? Why are you too scared to make a move? Attack somebody. Start a war. Let's go.

21 hours ago, firingline said:

Aren't you alliance leadership? Why are you too scared to make a move? Attack somebody. Start a war. Let's go.

Unfortunately my allies have asked me not too, and suiciding into a random alliance is only fun for so long when they call in every single one of their allies. The FTW war was great for the first 3-4 months but it turns into a slog after a while. 

Granted it may be the last resort. Maybe I’ll pick Doomsquad and you and I can have a duel before the weight of the entire treaty web falls on us 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Unfortunately my allies have asked me not too, and suiciding into a random alliance is only fun for so long when they call in every single one of their allies. The FTW war was great for the first 3-4 months but it turns into a slog after a while. 

Granted it may be the last resort. Maybe I’ll pick Doomsquad and you and I can have a duel before the weight of the entire treaty web falls on us 🤷‍♂️

You'd have to sell a little infra to get in range, but it'd be worth it, I promise.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, kerschbs said:

Damn allies - You can’t live with them, you can’t live without them.  

4 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

You clearly weren't looking hard enough, although I do admit it can be a somewhat tricky learning experience for some.

I found him a couple of days later, I maintain that he wasn't there the first time I went to look for him.

However it's true that my incentives to learn discord are basically non existent.

20 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Damn allies - You can’t live with them, you can’t live without them.  

Maybe you can't live with certain allies but I can assure you that you could definitely live without allies. This is an easy world, you only need friends and freedom, allies are not necessary.

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

Maybe you can't live with certain allies but I can assure you that you could definitely live without allies. This is an easy world, you only need friends and freedom, allies are not necessary.

It's no use. Even though you are unquestionably correct, people have relied on their security blanket of treaties with 'allies' as the basis for their politics for so long that it terrifies them to consider casting it aside. That goes for literally everyone btw; you are all terrible and lack real agency without a reliance on your treaties of convenience before making any kind of move.

But this recognition of why there is such inertia has been made so many times now that I'm not sure there's any horse left to flog so I'll just end this post by re-iterating that everything and everyone is terrible.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

3 hours ago, jerdge said:

Neutrals 🙄

and JA, if we all dropped our treaties tomorrow - what do you think would happen?  

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

you are all terrible and lack real agency without a reliance on your treaties

1 minute ago, White Chocolate said:

Neutrals 🙄

and JA, if we all dropped our treaties tomorrow - what do you think would happen?  

Well if I were you the first thing I'd do would be; Shields up, Knives out. If you live in fear of a rolling you must ask yourself why might another have an axe to grind and if you are truly living at all.

Then really it's upto you.

Long ago Mushroom Kingdom disolved their entire FA network and roamed treatyless to reassemble it later. Guess what? They survived, no one came for them despite their many enemies and eventually carved out a fresh FA policy as a result of that freedom. It was one of your own members,  Gaurav, who did this.

Food for thought at least

5 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Well if I were you the first thing I'd do would be; Shields up, Knives out. If you live in fear of a rolling you must ask yourself why might another have an axe to grind and if you are truly living at all.

Then really it's upto you.

Long ago Mushroom Kingdom disolved their entire FA network and roamed treatyless to reassemble it later. Guess what? They survived, no one came for them despite their many enemies and eventually carved out a fresh FA policy as a result of that freedom. It was one of your own members,  Gaurav, who did this.

Food for thought at least

That’s not an answer to what I asked.  Let me ask in a different way.  If every alliance dropped every treaty tomorrow (because you said “that goes for literally everyone btw” in your previous post) what do you think would happen?

Food for thought.  

8 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

That’s not an answer to what I asked.  Let me ask in a different way.  If every alliance dropped every treaty tomorrow (because you said “that goes for literally everyone btw” in your previous post) what do you think would happen?

Food for thought.  

You would probably all re-sign them a day later at most.

26 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You would probably all re-sign them a day later at most.

Close enough to my guess.  There might be some shifting, an excuse to quietly forget about stale treaties that one never bothered to drop previous, but that’s about it.  

8 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Food for thought.  

Personally I think a couple wars would be declared.