Official UFP Announcement - Memorandum Condemning Kapleo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

He’s active at saying he’s not going to do anything fun, typical boring paper pusher.

Having remembered the time Methrage and Sir Kindle went sanction crazy on brown, this gave me a bit of a chuckle.

So props to Kapleo for having some fun

Let's all keep this in the back of our minds that some major alliances support you and this stance. 

1 hour ago, Canik said:

I thought it was a well-written post. Then again, I'm American and we're famously not so good at the Englash. :)

I suppose to be serious again, for just a moment!, even though I know Kapleo has dug himself in a deep hole and won't try to stop anyone from reasoned reaction and procedure I do still have some sympathy for him. Because I $%&@ed up a lot too. I'm postin' all this science !@#$ I get all philosophical some people think I'm smart, some people think I'm wise. And I am, in ways. :) But only because I was a dumbass and screw-up of epic proportions for about 30 years. Yet I had heart, determination, dedication and believe it or not a fair amount of humility. Though it was rarely apparent outside my alliance because that's what I was all about. My alliance.

I'm not sure I ever would've quite gone the route Kapleo has but then our experiences weren't all the same. Who knows. What I do know is Al3efix's description is reminiscent of posts alliance-mates made about me in the past. I know I'm a sucker for underdogs, crazy people, and second-chances. I know sometimes I look foolish taking chances on them. Because sometimes they don't learn, sometimes they are everything they appear but in my experience more often than not they do learn and those who do can be absolutely amazing people to have on your side. Our insanity, our flaws are a trial by fire. Our type may be more apt to fail per capita but we who survive the forging can have among the sharpest and reliable steel. Because we are forged under some of the most extreme conditions. Tested thoroughly, to our core, repeatedly. Then a few more times for good measure.

FTW is full of such people. We're crazies, we're losers and misfits. We are the shunned, fallen, discarded and dishonored. I was a mad naive fool and took chances on them all. And I'd do it again because it resulted in exceptionally fierce, loyal and determined alliances from FEAR to Freehold.

Kapleo is in the fire now. I don't believe he is destined to be eternally a lost cause. I did not know him that well for that long but I think you still got a chance, Kap, and I wish you luck. Humility is key. It truly is a divine gift if you accept it. Learn, do right, eventually you could regain good standing with this community or good standing in future communities wherever you go. Recovery isn't easy. I've been there. After you learn, you have to show it and show it's not temporary. Just keep at it and in time people will see. Trust me. Remember this. o7

This is well said and it speaks of a great attitude toward an outcast leader.  CN is much too small (especially now) for eternal banishment except for perhaps the most heinous of crimes.  I find myself mixing with a different cast of characters than I did in my first stint on Bob because of this same open-mindedness.

That said, I'm happy to stand by our allies at CCC as long as they see fit to indefinitely bury his nation for the inconvenience he's caused through weaponized sanctions.  15+ years of Bob have consistently proven consensus on this particular topic of etiquette and I'm happy to see it continuing to be enforced with no hesitation or debate.  💥

11 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Let's all keep this in the back of our minds that some major alliances support you and this stance. 

What stance?

Sure, he made some impulsive sanctions and obviously he’s gonna take crap for it and probably won’t be Senator next cycle. 

People do stupid stuff and Kapleo can (and I hope) recovers from going rouge.

If you’re trying to politicize that I support an unstable white sphere or Kapleo’s abuse of the senate position I do not (clear enough for ya?)... though I don’t think it’s the end of the road for him either.

The Lilwards of the world will use the opportunity and try to sqeeeze every little bit of PR dribble, but I prefer Canik’s rationale.

TR:DR it’s not a big deal

9 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

TR:DR it’s not a big deal

I wouldn't say it's not a big deal in the context of Bob. It's fairly high up there on the list. Hence why I said it wouldn't be easy to recover, would take a long time. That I wouldn't oppose reasoned reactions and right now CCC's reaction seems reasonable enough to me.

Because, for one, it's not *just* about the sanctions. It's the worst thing, I think, but there have been other tensions and such that I only half-paid attention to and will not attempt to elaborate on except for to reiterate it's not *just* about some sanctions. They weren't exactly getting along *wonderfully* prior.

For two, EZI may sound extreme but a sentence of EZI is not eternally set in stone. It can could be lifted and I know CCC, they are decent, reasonable folk. If I were in Kap's shoes, I'm confident I could get the EZI lifted in time.

13 minutes ago, Caustic said:

Dear old Canik was put out to pasture, his take is no longer relevant on how CCC or NG choose to prosecute this conflict (and technically he never was relevant in how we choose to do so anyway)

🤣

Have they officially made you gov again yet? Hope you bring a calculator this time. Anytime you calculate LH's take on my take (or anything for that matter) is accurate, you've probably miscalculated. :P

25 minutes ago, Canik said:

🤣

Have they officially made you gov again yet? Hope you bring a calculator this time. Anytime you calculate LH's take on my take (or anything for that matter) is accurate, you've probably miscalculated. :P

Caustic is NOT gov of NG.

:smugdog:

For what it's worth, the nation of Kaplea is being ZI'd because Kapleo has spent months treating the CCC with hostility we did not earn, attempted to hold us as hostages because he's too proud to simply go inactive, and ultimately abused his sanction powers - that we had played some small part in helping him get -  by sanctioning CCC members who have had no part in the ongoing drama whatsoever, simply out of anger that we refused to be held under threat. We've made every effort possible to stay on good terms and respect his autonomy as a leader throughout the year, and have received nothing but hatefulness, conspiracies, and slander in response. I genuinely feel like we've given more grace than he probably deserved up until this point, but yesterday's actions, in the context of the past few months, crossed a line that can't be uncrossed anymore. At some point there have to be consequences for his behavior.

I genuinely hope that someday, if Kap pays his dues and learns some humility, he can be granted peace from this world. In the meantime, we'll do what we feel is necessary to protect ourselves and our dignity, and I hope everyone can respect that. 

22 hours ago, Canik said:

Because, for one, it's not *just* about the sanctions. It's the worst thing, I think...

You are correct that it is not just about sanctions.  You are mistaken about sanctions being the worst of his offenses; unfortunately, they don't even come close to the top of the list.  Suffice to say, this is a rare case in this world where EZI is fully deserved.

Edited by HeroofTime55

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

You are correct that it is not just about sanctions.  You are mistaken about sanctions being the worst of his offenses; unfortunately, they don't even come close to the top of the list.  Suffice to say, this is a rare case in this world where EZI is fully deserved.

I said 'I think' therefor I am.. not wrong. :)

I was referring specifically to his interactions with CCC.

I never disputed the validity or righteousness of the EZI. I was just encouraging Kap to learn from it. Everyone should at least want him to learn from it. I can't think of any good reason a good person would not want that. If you can though, I'd be interested to hear it.

Edited by Canik

1 hour ago, Canik said:

I said 'I think' therefor I am.. not wrong. :)

I was referring specifically to his interactions with CCC.

I never disputed the validity or righteousness of the EZI. I was just encouraging Kap to learn from it. Everyone should at least want him to learn from it. I can't think of any good reason a good person would not want that. If you can though, I'd be interested to hear it.

One always hopes that people will learn lessons from the consequences they face, and use it as an opportunity to learn and become better individuals.  That does not, of course, mean that he won't face the full consequences of his actions, and indeed, the learning opportunity requires those consequences.

6 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

As much as I enjoy knocking Caustic, I haven't seen him do anything meaningful in years besides movie night. Maybe he's adding subliminal messages.

I dunno. He's a pretty skilled recruiter.

56 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

One always hopes that people will learn lessons from the consequences they face, and use it as an opportunity to learn and become better individuals.  That does not, of course, mean that he won't face the full consequences of his actions, and indeed, the learning opportunity requires those consequences.

Alright, I think we're more or less in agreement then. :)

On 6/28/2021 at 3:50 PM, Van Hoo X said:

Fine. It's been decided. I'm going to make an alliance, therefore giving me a legit reason to make announcements. I will then proceed to do so at every turn, thus creating "activity".

Van,

Ill join. 

Sincerely, 

Joseph Black