Official UFP Announcement - Memorandum Condemning Kapleo

1 hour ago, Van Hoo X said:

Fine. It's been decided. I'm going to make an alliance, therefore giving me a legit reason to make announcements. I will then proceed to do so at every turn, thus creating "activity".

I could reform TBBAF The Big Bad and Friends (would have been the name of the Continuum if I had my way) and then you could coup me and make all the announcements you want.  Although I think the last time TBBAF was around we were at war with Gramlins when that guy was trying to force IRON into an unconditional surrender.  I do not think he is around anymore.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Announcement from CCC

In response to today's unprovoked sanctions following attempts to use his senate authority to hold our alliance hostage, the Christian Coalition of Countries hereby declares that Kapleo of Kaplea, a rogue entity, is now under a state of Permanent ZI. To the best of our ability, the nation of Kaplea will remain in war in perpetuity, and any alliance knowingly harboring it will be treated with hostility. In addition, should reports of his [ooc]game abuse[/ooc] come to fruition, CCC will adopt a position of Eternal ZI against Kapleo as a consequence for using such cowardly tactics to avoid the appropriate consequences for his actions.

May even Admin refuse to have mercy on your soul.

4 hours ago, Korlath said:

The United Federation of Pixels (UFP) expresses solidarity with CCC and its allies in measures taken to protect the security and stability of the White sphere against Kapleo's heinous act and abuse of sentaorial powers, which all current members of UFP entrusted him with.

We condemn Kapleo's actions in the strongest terms.

Signed for UFP,

Korlath of Korlithica, of the City of Korsville, born and raised 

Back on topic, I do appreciate this. As kerschbs mentioned, I know you'd been trying to act as a mediator on his behalf as a friend even though he was no longer in your alliance, so this public condemnation is really good to see, honestly. 

3 hours ago, Van Hoo X said:

Fine. It's been decided. I'm going to make an alliance, therefore giving me a legit reason to make announcements. I will then proceed to do so at every turn, thus creating "activity".

Why make an alliance when you can post on behalf of Kashmir?  You ARE the MoFR after all.

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

While not quite announcement worthy as we know Kapleo has gone rogue despite all outlined discussions and agreements had in WTU, Korlath is active both in game and here on the forums. That is more than can be said for a chunk of CN adrift aimlessly, merely existing. He is creating discussion, even if it is for you all to whine about how much he posts. 

He’s active at saying he’s not going to do anything fun, typical boring paper pusher.

Having remembered the time Methrage and Sir Kindle went sanction crazy on brown, this gave me a bit of a chuckle.

So props to Kapleo for having some fun

40 minutes ago, Jason8 said:

Why make an alliance when you can post on behalf of Kashmir?  You ARE the MoFR after all.

You mean to tell me that, after all these months, I could have been out-posting Korlath? Wow, J8. Just. Wow.

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

While not quite announcement worthy as we know Kapleo has gone rogue despite all outlined discussions and agreements had in WTU, Korlath is active both in game and here on the forums. That is more than can be said for a chunk of CN adrift aimlessly, merely existing. He is creating discussion, even if it is for you all to whine about how much he posts. 

What this guy said.

1 hour ago, Van Hoo X said:

You mean to tell me that, after all these months, I could have been out-posting Korlath? Wow, J8. Just. Wow.

You could have, but you never asked and you never showed interest in making announcements.  Now that I know, you can also be Minister of Making Announcements.

Official Announcement from the deranged lunatic formerly known as the Mad King.

We approve of Kapleo's immeasurably measured response and applaud his restraints.
He's a role model for people who aren't artistic but really really want to be everywhere!
Keep up the great work, Kap. o7

Signed,
- Several Luna Ticks 🤪

5 minutes ago, Canik said:

Official Announcement from the deranged lunatic formerly known as the Mad King.

We approve of Kapleo's immeasurably measured response and applaud his restraints.
He's a role model for people who aren't artistic but really really want to be everywhere!
Keep up the great work, Kap. o7

Signed,
- Several Luna Ticks 🤪

Oh Canik. You are always right and never wrong, it's humbling. You are a great judge of not only CN events but character. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Oh Canik. You are always right and never wrong, it's humbling. You are a great judge of not only CN events but character. Thank you.

Wrong. I was wrong sometimes. I was always right about it though and about this as well. So maybe you're right. I really don't know.

In any case, I appreciate the sentiment and am happy to imagine I gave the divine gift of humiliation. Thank you for accepting it. :)

Edited by Canik

2 minutes ago, Canik said:

Wrong. I was wrong sometimes. I was always right about it though and about this as well. So maybe you're right. I really don't know.

In any case, I appreciate the sentiment and am happy to imagine I gave the divine gift of humiliation. Thank you for accepting it. :)

You are so very welcome. When are you joining NG?

8 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

You are so very welcome. When are you joining NG?

As soon as I'm done grooming Velocity. His hair gets tangled so easily though. What a mess. 😞 It could be a while.

5 hours ago, Jason8 said:

Are you sure, sure Hoo is in Kashmir? He has been known to ‘get around’.

Edited by W_A_R
Gah, double post.

Lads and lasses.. I will say this because I think it needs to be said.

I understand Korlath's decision and why this is being done, but it does not mean I or the membership of UFP sympathise with it. I speak for myself and most of our membership when I say Kap is indeed misunderstood. There are lots of opinions out here, and all of those opinions are formed by what you hear and what you see and what you see is just the tip of the iceberg.

Kapleo is loved by the people that surrounded him at home, by those that talked with him on a daily basis, those who got to know him by who he truly is. He has many flaws, I cannot cover the sun with a finger. His judgement is not the best, he's impulsive and dealing with him sometimes is not easy to do. Everyone that knows him a bit knows he's a bit troubled, that is not a secret. That said, I also know how loyal that man is, how inconditional, available, loving and defensive he can be with his people. I know he screws up often but I also know he is always humble to come forward and fix things up. He brought us together, he kept us together for a long time and as much as I would have wanted him to stay, I know it is  not good for his wellbeing. I could go on about his qualities, but I think every one here gets the message by now.

I understand some people feel upset about his actions, but I would be careful about thinking you can befriend me personally, or potentially us as a whole if hating Kap or any of us is a prerequisite for that. You may need to look elsewhere. Last but not least... Kap, if you are reading this... go in peace my friend. Don't listen to what people say, they don't know you like we do and we will remember you by the great friend you always were and the great leader that we kind of forced you to be (my revenge from when you made me Overlord without my consent xD). Only we were there, only we know and how we feel is all that should matter to you. We get it. All of it.

The rest of you? I'm sorry if I made grammar mistakes, I put extra effort in this one. Please remember I'm Portuguese, so...

Come to Madeira! Have a nice day lads.

Meow

Madeira_colagem_das_fotos_12.jpg

19 minutes ago, Al3efix said:

A new announcement was needed.

20 minutes ago, Al3efix said:

I understand Korlath's decision and why this is being done, but it does not mean I or the membership of UFP sympathise with it.

Two new announcements were needed!  

Kap and I have never really loved each other, but I seriously feel sorry for him. Friend take care of yourself!

I am Italian please forgive my grammatical errors. 

@Al3efix come to Sicily! 

Just now, Martialis said:

A new announcement was needed.

Two new announcements were needed!  

Kap and I have never really loved each other, but I seriously feel sorry for him. Friend take care of yourself!

I am Italian please forgive my grammatical errors. 

@Al3efix come to Sicily! 

Last year I was supposed to visit my aunts in Florence.. Close enough to Sicily xD

2 hours ago, Al3efix said:

I understand Korlath's decision and why this is being done, but it does not mean I or the membership of UFP sympathise with it. I speak for myself and most of our membership when I say Kap is indeed misunderstood. There are lots of opinions out here, and all of those opinions are formed by what you hear and what you see and what you see is just the tip of the iceberg.

Kapleo is loved by the people that surrounded him at home, by those that talked with him on a daily basis, those who got to know him by who he truly is. He has many flaws, I cannot cover the sun with a finger. His judgement is not the best, he's impulsive and dealing with him sometimes is not easy to do. Everyone that knows him a bit knows he's a bit troubled, that is not a secret. That said, I also know how loyal that man is, how inconditional, available, loving and defensive he can be with his people. I know he screws up often but I also know he is always humble to come forward and fix things up. He brought us together, he kept us together for a long time and as much as I would have wanted him to stay, I know it is  not good for his wellbeing. I could go on about his qualities, but I think every one here gets the message by now.

I understand some people feel upset about his actions, but I would be careful about thinking you can befriend me personally, or potentially us as a whole if hating Kap or any of us is a prerequisite for that. You may need to look elsewhere. Last but not least... Kap, if you are reading this... go in peace my friend. Don't listen to what people say, they don't know you like we do and we will remember you by the great friend you always were and the great leader that we kind of forced you to be (my revenge from when you made me Overlord without my consent xD). Only we were there, only we know and how we feel is all that should matter to you. We get it. All of it.

The rest of you? I'm sorry if I made grammar mistakes, I put extra effort in this one. Please remember I'm Portuguese, so...

Come to Madeira! Have a nice day lads.

Meow

Madeira_colagem_das_fotos_12.jpg

Thanks for bringing this up Alex. It has not been an easy time here lately for us and the rest the membership and I encourage you and anyone else to speak freely.  In case it needs to be said, everyone at UFP still very much loves Kap and while most of the membership doesn't agree with Kap's recent actions, everyone does wish him the best and hope he finds peace. 

4 hours ago, Al3efix said:

Please remember I'm Portuguese, so...

I thought it was a well-written post. Then again, I'm American and we're famously not so good at the Englash. :)

I suppose to be serious again, for just a moment!, even though I know Kapleo has dug himself in a deep hole and won't try to stop anyone from reasoned reaction and procedure I do still have some sympathy for him. Because I $%&@ed up a lot too. I'm postin' all this science !@#$ I get all philosophical some people think I'm smart, some people think I'm wise. And I am, in ways. :) But only because I was a dumbass and screw-up of epic proportions for about 30 years. Yet I had heart, determination, dedication and believe it or not a fair amount of humility. Though it was rarely apparent outside my alliance because that's what I was all about. My alliance.

I'm not sure I ever would've quite gone the route Kapleo has but then our experiences weren't all the same. Who knows. What I do know is Al3efix's description is reminiscent of posts alliance-mates made about me in the past. I know I'm a sucker for underdogs, crazy people, and second-chances. I know sometimes I look foolish taking chances on them. Because sometimes they don't learn, sometimes they are everything they appear but in my experience more often than not they do learn and those who do can be absolutely amazing people to have on your side. Our insanity, our flaws are a trial by fire. Our type may be more apt to fail per capita but we who survive the forging can have among the sharpest and reliable steel. Because we are forged under some of the most extreme conditions. Tested thoroughly, to our core, repeatedly. Then a few more times for good measure.

FTW is full of such people. We're crazies, we're losers and misfits. We are the shunned, fallen, discarded and dishonored. I was a mad naive fool and took chances on them all. And I'd do it again because it resulted in exceptionally fierce, loyal and determined alliances from FEAR to Freehold.

Kapleo is in the fire now. I don't believe he is destined to be eternally a lost cause. I did not know him that well for that long but I think you still got a chance, Kap, and I wish you luck. Humility is key. It truly is a divine gift if you accept it. Learn, do right, eventually you could regain good standing with this community or good standing in future communities wherever you go. Recovery isn't easy. I've been there. After you learn, you have to show it and show it's not temporary. Just keep at it and in time people will see. Trust me. Remember this. o7

Edited by Canik