Jump to content

The legacy of Perma ZI


The Zigur
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thirteen years ago in 2008, when I was a wee lad, the leadership of the Imperial Assault Alliance was forced upon me. Chimera had resigned as Emperor of the IAA and I took up it's reigns. I was perma-ZI'd for doing so, in May 2008 while trying to lead IAA in defense of GATO. This lesson was important to me. It showed to me the consequences of losing a war. It showed to me that forging a new family was meaningless to those who wanted us destroyed. I came from an [ooc]extremely underprivileged family,[/ooc] at a time when I clinged to the relationship of clanship, and there was no consideration for those I sought to protect, because we opposed the will of the Mad-Emperor Moo-Cows.

 

Looking back today, I am glad for these lessons. I have learned to govern and manage a new family [ooc]in other games[/ooc] with the same basic internal issues. The difference is our enemies don't have the power to delete all of our accomplishments from the game, or destroy our familiarity. But I can value them as the family I never had. I can treat them as invaluable, as the people I always needed in my life, who I could lead and guide... and my enemies can't take them away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot respect those who survive and cower on, when me and my brothers surrendered all back in 2008 so you could survive. They know who I speak of. I hope they cower and die in this decade. I would subject them to the worst of torments. After our sacrifices, I would myself lead our torments for their betrayals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Zigur said:

I cannot respect those who survive and cower on, when me and my brothers surrendered all back in 2008 so you could survive. They know who I speak of. I hope they cower and die in this decade. I would subject them to the worst of torments. After our sacrifices, I would myself lead our torments for their betrayals.

I dunno if you're aware but this is the OOC forum so....

 

I did give IAA a shiny medal and they have a prized role in our history for taking up arms in our defense in spite of us literally saying "it's fine if you say out", as do CSN, USN, and the Commie Volunteer Force. My job as Assembly Chairman was to ensure the survival of my alliance in whatever way I could so long as I could hold the trust of the General Assembly. We were looking at an entire coalition that seemed perfectly willing and eager to completely destroy GATO and had already inflicted enough damage that we lost much of our membership both old and new. It was a war on a scale and length that we were completely unprepared for against a force that exhibited no apparent mercy and no desire to make peace even during the rare times I actually got ahold of someone willing to talk. We were playing by rules enforced on us that were already changing elsewhere in the game and I was doing everything I could not to show the bitterness and distaste from GATO members on the forums specifically because I wanted it to be absolutely clear that we were interested more in peace than vengeance.

 

That's a core tenet in the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization, you know - peace and diplomacy over war and vengeance. We haven't held as true to that in the past years as I would have liked, but it's those ideals that led me here based on DasGirl's recruitment message at the time. Every voice counts here in a home that values peace, autonomy, diplomacy, and democracy in a place increasingly influenced by warmongers and deceivers.

 

Anyway, since you seem to be taking our surrender in that war personally, here's how it happened. Moo-Cows messaged me on IRC and said they'd accept an unconditional surrender but he wanted an answer now. I had to push just to get the 24 hours we had to rush a discussion and vote through. Over two thirds of the alliance wanted peace and were willing to accept this cost. That's why we're still here. Even managed to be stubborn enough to come through the viceroy period basically unchanged because core membership didn't bail and instead fought to keep our core identity alive and well. There were no cowards here. We fought tooth and nail for as long as we could and then kept fighting during the peace to ensure the alliance remained a place we could call home. I was too burned out from the war to see it all through, sadly, but others managed to keep it going while I took a break.

 

Sometimes, I do wonder what would have happened if we had said no and just kept fighting. Would the Karma War that erupted soon after have changed our fate? Could enough alliance members have weathered the storm long enough to make it there? Was our continued existence worth having NPO chains for a time? I don't really know the answers to these questions. All I know is that we made the best decision for the alliance and its members that we could with the information we had and if you want to be bitter that we didn't make the same decision that IAA did, then that's your problem to deal with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DragonsPhyre said:

I dunno if you're aware but this is the OOC forum so....

 

I did give IAA a shiny medal and they have a prized role in our history for taking up arms in our defense in spite of us literally saying "it's fine if you say out", as do CSN, USN, and the Commie Volunteer Force. My job as Assembly Chairman was to ensure the survival of my alliance in whatever way I could so long as I could hold the trust of the General Assembly. We were looking at an entire coalition that seemed perfectly willing and eager to completely destroy GATO and had already inflicted enough damage that we lost much of our membership both old and new. It was a war on a scale and length that we were completely unprepared for against a force that exhibited no apparent mercy and no desire to make peace even during the rare times I actually got ahold of someone willing to talk. We were playing by rules enforced on us that were already changing elsewhere in the game and I was doing everything I could not to show the bitterness and distaste from GATO members on the forums specifically because I wanted it to be absolutely clear that we were interested more in peace than vengeance.

 

That's a core tenet in the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization, you know - peace and diplomacy over war and vengeance. We haven't held as true to that in the past years as I would have liked, but it's those ideals that led me here based on DasGirl's recruitment message at the time. Every voice counts here in a home that values peace, autonomy, diplomacy, and democracy in a place increasingly influenced by warmongers and deceivers.

 

Anyway, since you seem to be taking our surrender in that war personally, here's how it happened. Moo-Cows messaged me on IRC and said they'd accept an unconditional surrender but he wanted an answer now. I had to push just to get the 24 hours we had to rush a discussion and vote through. Over two thirds of the alliance wanted peace and were willing to accept this cost. That's why we're still here. Even managed to be stubborn enough to come through the viceroy period basically unchanged because core membership didn't bail and instead fought to keep our core identity alive and well. There were no cowards here. We fought tooth and nail for as long as we could and then kept fighting during the peace to ensure the alliance remained a place we could call home. I was too burned out from the war to see it all through, sadly, but others managed to keep it going while I took a break.

 

Sometimes, I do wonder what would have happened if we had said no and just kept fighting. Would the Karma War that erupted soon after have changed our fate? Could enough alliance members have weathered the storm long enough to make it there? Was our continued existence worth having NPO chains for a time? I don't really know the answers to these questions. All I know is that we made the best decision for the alliance and its members that we could with the information we had and if you want to be bitter that we didn't make the same decision that IAA did, then that's your problem to deal with.


the only regret I have is not going nuclear like MK did after. We wouldn’t have lasted long, and it may have put us even further on NPOs ZI list, but in hindsight I wish we had decided to push the button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kerschbs said:


the only regret I have is not going nuclear like MK did after. We wouldn’t have lasted long, and it may have put us even further on NPOs ZI list, but in hindsight I wish we had decided to push the button.

Honestly, in retrospect, going nuclear instead of restricting ourselves at the time might have been a good idea. Only thing is that I doubt we would have been able to surrender without NPO getting beat down first, which means we would have been committing to a longer war with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 2:49 PM, DragonsPhyre said:

I dunno if you're aware but this is the OOC forum so....

 

I did give IAA a shiny medal and they have a prized role in our history for taking up arms in our defense in spite of us literally saying "it's fine if you say out", as do CSN, USN, and the Commie Volunteer Force. My job as Assembly Chairman was to ensure the survival of my alliance in whatever way I could so long as I could hold the trust of the General Assembly. We were looking at an entire coalition that seemed perfectly willing and eager to completely destroy GATO and had already inflicted enough damage that we lost much of our membership both old and new. It was a war on a scale and length that we were completely unprepared for against a force that exhibited no apparent mercy and no desire to make peace even during the rare times I actually got ahold of someone willing to talk. We were playing by rules enforced on us that were already changing elsewhere in the game and I was doing everything I could not to show the bitterness and distaste from GATO members on the forums specifically because I wanted it to be absolutely clear that we were interested more in peace than vengeance.

 

That's a core tenet in the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization, you know - peace and diplomacy over war and vengeance. We haven't held as true to that in the past years as I would have liked, but it's those ideals that led me here based on DasGirl's recruitment message at the time. Every voice counts here in a home that values peace, autonomy, diplomacy, and democracy in a place increasingly influenced by warmongers and deceivers.

 

Anyway, since you seem to be taking our surrender in that war personally, here's how it happened. Moo-Cows messaged me on IRC and said they'd accept an unconditional surrender but he wanted an answer now. I had to push just to get the 24 hours we had to rush a discussion and vote through. Over two thirds of the alliance wanted peace and were willing to accept this cost. That's why we're still here. Even managed to be stubborn enough to come through the viceroy period basically unchanged because core membership didn't bail and instead fought to keep our core identity alive and well. There were no cowards here. We fought tooth and nail for as long as we could and then kept fighting during the peace to ensure the alliance remained a place we could call home. I was too burned out from the war to see it all through, sadly, but others managed to keep it going while I took a break.

 

Sometimes, I do wonder what would have happened if we had said no and just kept fighting. Would the Karma War that erupted soon after have changed our fate? Could enough alliance members have weathered the storm long enough to make it there? Was our continued existence worth having NPO chains for a time? I don't really know the answers to these questions. All I know is that we made the best decision for the alliance and its members that we could with the information we had and if you want to be bitter that we didn't make the same decision that IAA did, then that's your problem to deal with.

 

Visiting this forum requires a certain degree of [ooc]inebriation[/ooc]. I can't say whether this might be due to my own personal fault or the severity of the memories imposed. Perhaps the extermination of my online family had somewhat to do with it. Nevertheless I do not hold an imagined grudge as you seem to believe I hold.

 

Still, at times I am glad to explore my past.

 

I had nothing to do with the IAA-GATO pact. Similarly, I had litte to do with deciding to defending it. I did have somewhat to do with the subsequent "Karma War" as it is called. In 2008 I never asked for leadership; I was very young then, and found the role thrust on me. Sometimes though, we must be thankful for the gifts the Dark Side may illuminate for us during times of challenge.

 

I sought no quarter, and I received none. It was enough for us to be EZI'd for militarily exploring peace mode mechanics to rotate nations in and out. This might be seen as commonplace today, but we pioneered it then. Probably because most players were afraid to step on the toes of NPO IOs. I stepped on the toes of Mary The Fantabulous.

 

I don't see how any other outcome would have been possible, though. Perhaps if others of influence today had balls, we might have seen some challenges to the status quo. One however cannot blame players for an outdated and stale meta.

 

Nevertheless, I hold myself similar to Pacifican revolutionaries of eras past. If it were not so, I would not have built up a legendary reputation in another realm.

Edited by The Zigur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of all the people to ever be sentenced to eternal war, you seem to have gotten off lightly really.  The eternal didn't exactly function that way did it.  Nothing says forever like a few weeks after all.  You of course have assisted by maintaining your nation as a crater because nothing says courage like literally nothing to lose.

 

I do note that you continue to regal yourself in glorious revisionism to your own edification.  The only thing that is truly eternal here is your desire to draw attention to the fact that you have failed so many times to accomplish not much at all.  Your relentless pursuit of universal acknowledgement as the greatest martyr of all time whilst also seeking the the title of the greatest CN mind, albeit somewhat misunderstood, is certainly noteworthy.

 

You could of course simply just &*#$ off to your other realm and cease returning to try to convince us of your achievements and credibility.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...