Celebrating a Decade of Destruction

W_A_R levers himself off his nursing home cot, the thin mattress stuffed with hay is now damp with bodily fluids that have seeped through the rough hessian cover. 

Some of the damp is from W_A_R's involuntary evacuations, others are from spills of the Black Keep's apothacaries and medics, from the regular blood letting and application of leeches.

He waves help away, useless as they are, as his chainmail undergarments crack away a thin crust of rust and odious substances. 

Did I hear someone say 'retirement home'?  Piffle!  These youngsters think they have it tough. Wait until you until you can't distinguish a bedsore from your dinner. 

Luxury, NG.  Bloody Luxury.

Congratulations on your tenth anniversary.  May your superannuation be enough to sustain you into your enivitable dotage.

W_A_R falls back into his bedding, which embraces the Knight XXI of OBR with a thick moist slurp. 

At one point I had been (seriously) invited to join Non Grata.

And as much as I still abhor NG for what it stands for, I can respect that it (more or less) refuses to subjugate itself to the meta-whores who, like vultures, feed upon the self-destructive aspect of the CN [lack of] meta today.

I can certainly thank NG for providing examples of how not to build future clans in other realms.

I never thought I'd have said it some years ago, but props to NG for chasing ambitious new talent from a stale and non-evolving meta, to seek opportunity elsewhere.

Edited by The Zigur

Here I was pessimistic about forum spam.  Guess it isn't as dead dead around here as some other players say.

Part of the ship, part of the crew, and happy to have been part of it, especially these past two years!  If you've never sailed around here, you've probably missed out!

Mad props to Caustic getting the crew together and others (Lyanna) for maintaining and further growing* our merry band of misfits!

Also thanks to our fearless former Leader Stewie, who over celebrated Peanut Butter Jelly Time!:

tenor.gif?itemid=14827713

Edited by King Cyan

4 hours ago, The Zigur said:

At one point I had been (seriously) invited to join Non Grata.

And as much as I still abhor NG for what it stands for, I can respect that it (more or less) refuses to subjugate itself to the meta-whores who, like vultures, feed upon the self-destructive aspect of the CN [lack of] meta today.

I can certainly thank NG for providing examples of how not to build future clans in other realms.

I never thought I'd have said it some years ago, but props to NG for chasing ambitious new talent from a stale and non-evolving meta, to seek opportunity elsewhere.

A person's character is best judged by whom would call them enemy, rather than by whom would call them friend.

12 hours ago, MutedFaith said:

For a very long time, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near NG.

Now, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

We find ourselves in the very same boat, my friend (PART OF THE SHIP, PART OF THE CREW!). 

This is certainly not where I ever could have imagined my nation and I would end up, but I cannot be happier that I'm in NG. You're all ridiculous, and I appreciate you for taking me in and making me part of the crew from day 1. This alliance is the only one I've been a part of that I've had go beyond CN (I've never almost died playing drinking games while streaming Gettysburg with other alliance mates!), and it's a helluva good time every day. Thank you all. 

We can't run away. If we stay here we can't shoot. So lets fix bayonets!

tenor.gif?itemid=5737524

Edited by CrinkledStraw

1 hour ago, CrinkledStraw said:

I've never almost died playing drinking games while streaming Gettysburg with other alliance mates!), and it's a helluva good time every day. Thank you all. 

We can't run away. If we stay here we can't shoot. So lets fix bayonets!

tenor.gif?itemid=5737524

We need to do this again, but no drinking when Tank mansplains, that is what almost killed us all. My nation took 48 hours to recover. 

On 6/15/2021 at 1:42 AM, Caustic said:

[...] the premier retirement home for the elite who expect more [...] truly is the community for everyone. [...]

Yin Yang, someone?

Congratulations on your 10 taoist years. Cheers!

Persona Non Grata, 

When y'all reformed I thought surely the grave would retake you, but with 2020 gone you're still here. I can't say I agree with all the ways in which you make life interesting, but like grandma and grandpa Im glad you are.

May your next decade be as vibrant and exciting as the one past.

Sincerely, 

Joseph Muddog Black