An announcement from The First Order

Maybe it's just me, but personally I think an alliance choosing not to support or defend an ally who is declaring war in part as a way to continue harassing someone OOC is actually something to be commended, not denigrated. I dunno though, again I'm only speaking for myself and my simple opinion here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Smitty256 said:

How is it a cowardly betrayal of friends? They were told that they didn't need to help. So they decided to stay out of it.

And here you are pretending they 'don't need help' as they flee to peace mode to avoid complete destruction.

They're doing a nice thing for TFO by not dragging them in to that beatdown too. Don't sit here and pretend they're only not entering because they 'didn't need the help' - I don't know who you think you're fooling.

You can fight a war with a small warchest you know. It is harder to do but it is still entirely possible.

Sure - but you can't fight and rebuild with a small warchest. And that's the problem. TFO sacrificed military readiness for rapid growth, knowing the risk was that if they get rolled they have to start over. Or, plan B - they can just duck the war and let their friends get turned inside out. 

Firing Line is a Great Value Lord Hitchcock.

Back so soon?

Edited by firingline

3 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

Maybe it's just me, but personally I think an alliance choosing not to support or defend an ally who is declaring war in part as a way to continue harassing someone OOC is actually something to be commended, not denigrated.

This sentence is off the f'in charts; excellent work!!!

3 hours ago, firingline said:

And here you are pretending they 'don't need help' as they flee to peace mode to avoid complete destruction.

They're doing a nice thing for TFO by not dragging them in to that beatdown too. Don't sit here and pretend they're only not entering because they 'didn't need the help' - I don't know who you think you're fooling.

Sure - but you can't fight and rebuild with a small warchest. And that's the problem. TFO sacrificed military readiness for rapid growth, knowing the risk was that if they get rolled they have to start over. Or, plan B - they can just duck the war and let their friends get turned inside out. 

Back so soon?

What does it matter to you if TFO fights in this war or not? You are in Doom Squad, this doesn't involve you. TFO isn't fighting because they were told that they don't need to help. 

I remember distinctly how much !@#$ that COBRA put us through when we called in our allies for the Snake Eyes War. Now, you are giving TFO !@#$ because COBRA doesn't want their help. 

1 minute ago, Smitty256 said:

What does it matter to you if TFO fights in this war or not? You are in Doom Squad, this doesn't involve you. TFO isn't fighting because they were told that they don't need to help. 

I remember distinctly how much !@#$ that COBRA put us through when we called in our allies for the Snake Eyes War. Now, you are giving TFO !@#$ because COBRA doesn't want their help. 

What does it matter to you what I comment on? You are in FTW; DS matters do not concern you. 

7 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

Important to remember that some people on Bob have a hard time understanding that an ally may not be into sharing a war with them.

Don't tell Firingline that. According to him, all of COBRA's allies need to fight Non Grata for COBRA's OOC attacks against Non Grata. 

45 minutes ago, firingline said:

Hurt so good.

Typically speaking when you $%&@ed up the CB so badly due to it involving a specific character, you take the step back and change the tone at the very least. All the world's a stage and you choose to be the criminal sort which harms further assistance for you and ensures that popular opinion will go against you. I would be happy to educate you further about the basics of this world but you will need to pay a fee.

45 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Typically speaking when you $%&@ed up the CB so badly due to it involving a specific character, you take the step back and change the tone at the very least. All the world's a stage and you choose to be the criminal sort which harms further assistance for you and ensures that popular opinion will go against you. I would be happy to educate you further about the basics of this world but you will need to pay a fee.

Don't charge him too much. He doesn't have a whole lot of money.