A Statement from Non Grata

Stewie

58 minutes ago, Buuyo said:

You fire just as many OOC attacks at others and your responses to this thread show that there is no intention on your part to move forward. Quite unbecoming of someone of your standing, to be honest.

There is a fine line between OOC and IC that should not be crossed anywhere at any point in time. That line has been crossed multiple times by multiple people over multiple communication platforms. I applaud Stewie for coming out with this apology as a commitment to bettering the community, but the commitment needs to be followed through. I have been watching the tensions between NG and Boognish over the past few months; neither side is innocent in the events that led to the breakdown in relations here, regardless of the claims of either side. There needs to be visible change in the attitudes from members of both sides in order for any sort of resolution to stick.

I agree with White Chocolate that we need to be consistent as a community in handling these situations. That being said, there is no official world congress here to act as an impartial party in these matters. Cooler heads are needed in order to effectively get to the bottom of these situations and deal with them.

NG is being pressured by its allies to ensure they follow through on this commitment and they are taking steps to ensure this does not happen again. We consider NG a close ally, but the behaviour that has been shown by some members in the past few months is unnecessary and unacceptable regardless of what provocation did or did not occur. Stewie has shown to be more than a capable leader and he has Polar's full support in implementing whatever changes he needs to in order to be proactive in preventing situations like these in the future.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Buuyo, bon appetite, you were spoon-fed biased mashed potatoes. But don't worry, you were only one of the many that NG tried (and in some cases succeeded) to turn against Boognish. Lucky for us, this thread shows that most people can see through that mashed potatoes and gravy. NG has been portraying us like the antagonizers and the bad guys and trying to isolate us as much as they could for a while.

They would've probably gotten away with it unnoticed, had some of those friends not come to us and tell us "hey, NG is doing this and that". Again, doing damage without firing a shot. When I asked NG why were they slandering us and undermining our relationships with our friends and allies, they told me "don't give us reasons to play politics". When I asked, what reason did we give them to deserve being undermined, we never received an answer. NG never had a reason.

We never did anything bad to NG in recent history. If anything, we helped you. Had you gone your way and leave us alone, Boog would probably be fighting Claws right now or something, you know, the usual, but no. Let's make their friends our friends and tell them how awful they are. Let's get one of them to leak intel to us, let's mock them, slander them, harass them and do an OOC attack here and there and then play nice when they get upset about it so they look like the bad guys.

You are the authors of this sh*tshow.

29 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

@Buuyo

Let's get one of them to leak intel to us

Still spreading the old lie, eh?

Is that to cover up the fact that you gave screens of Boognish to CCC, NG's ally?
Feels like I'm watching Stalag 17 all over again

4 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

Still spreading the old lie, eh?

Is that to cover up the fact that you gave screens of Boognish to CCC, NG's ally?
Feels like I'm watching Stalag 17 all over again

You mean the screens Boog knew I was sharing? Oh, yeah, the screens in the convo I tell CCC there's nothing to worry about? that it was a false alarm and I was advocating for peace but somewhere along the heresay got twisted to me trying to start a war when it was the total opposite? Ahhh, yeah those screens. The ones that NG was using to try to turn Boog against TPF and stuff? Yeah, I remember. See, some people are honest with their allies, but hey, if the boot fits you. No one called your name. :)

Also reminder of CCC also having ties with TPF and back then trying to prevent a conflict or harm CCC directly in case things went south? Your name was not mentioned for a reason, I'm talking about the action, not the means used to perform it. 

8 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

You mean the screens Boog knew I was sharing? Oh, yeah, the screens in the convo I tell CCC there's nothing to worry about? that it was a false alarm and I was advocating for peace but somewhere along the heresay got twisted to me trying to start a war when it was the total opposite? Ahhh, yeah those screens. The ones that NG was using to try to turn Boog against TPF and stuff? Yeah, I remember. See, some people are honest with their allies, but hey, if the boot fits you. No one called your name. :)

Ha, you mean the screens you confessed to sharing after you shared them.

And you mean the screens you shared because Jason wanted a war that I kept trying to talk down over a stupid sanction idea because he didn't think to ask about something before assuming malfeasance, all started b/c he and johnny thought running trades was the secret path to power?

Nice try.

And you aren't clever enough about subtext.

4 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

Ha, you mean the screens you confessed to sharing after you shared them.

And you mean the screens you shared because Jason wanted a war that I kept trying to talk down over a stupid sanction idea because he didn't think to ask about something before assuming malfeasance, all started b/c he and johnny thought running trades was the secret path to power?

Nice try.

And you aren't clever enough about subtext.

You aren't clever enough to know we created a back channel in which you were not present. You are a terrible spy, Tanko. Sorry, we knew for some time. Go spy on your new allies or something.

Edited by Kapleo

Just now, Kapleo said:

Also reminder of CCC also having ties with TPF and back then trying to prevent a conflict or harm CCC directly in case things went south? Your name was not mentioned for a reason, I'm talking about the action, not the means used to perform it. 

Oh, so as long as we go someone who shall remain nameless, in a very clear and public dispute that made its way to the forums, then it's all right.

See, this is why you're bad at subtext.

Just now, Kapleo said:

You aren't clever enough to know we created a back channel if which you were not present. You are a terrible spy, Tanko. Sorry. Go spy on your new allies or something.

I mean, I wasn't spying and you still haven't provided any evidence of it.

Yeah, I guess I was stupid for trusting my friends to talk to me if they had an issue with me, but I know better now.

I name you coward, liar, and traitor.

Enjoy the nest of vipers you sit with.

3 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

Oh, so as long as we go someone who shall remain nameless, in a very clear and public dispute that made its way to the forums, then it's all right.

See, this is why you're bad at subtext.

Sit down boy, I'm not the one with the reputation of wanting to spy on everyone.

1 hour ago, Tankobite said:

And you mean the screens you shared because Jason wanted a war that I kept trying to talk down over a stupid sanction idea

Hook, line, and sinker.  I never actually wanted to sanction anyone.  But you would've known that if you would've talked to your "friends."

Two can play that game.

Johnny developing trust and good relations with FTW lead the way for peace between our groups. He had become a friend whom I expected to enjoy CN with for years to come. So after catching up with everything yesterday I was understandably not happy with that and wanting to !@#$ on NG for it. And I stand by that. It was $%&@ed up, dumb and 'wtf is NG doing' was the question of the day.

The drama the last few months between between NG and Boog is more complicated. Both sides could've handled things better. Boog would also do well to reflect on things and could have their !@#$ more together too.

The way I see it;

COBRA created the opportunity for NG to hit FTW in a way that actually caused us some pain. Not that NG helped COBRA much during their portion of the war. There were only a few active NG then.

As we finished 9 months of war with COBRAsphere only then did NG put in real effort standing on the shoulders of COBRA's war effort. Which not only gave NG the pleasure of increased success early but I mean, I question if NG would exist today if not for COBRAsphere. You would have either just not warred not seeing a good opportunity. or the people who wanted to snuff NG out may have gotten their way.

They were good allies ensuring NG had an offer for peace too. They very reluctantly exited with a few switching to NG's AA to continue the fight with them. Yeah, a lot of that was GK but damn if it were me I'd still really REALLY hate to have !@#$ go this way with a group who did all that.

So then there's a little quiet drama tensions but !@#$ hadn't really blown up yet. Caustic makes a little seemingly playful jab at TPF but tensions were high one might almost question if Caustic was trying to trigger something. Though even if he were, he should've failed. Bait, you shouldn't take it. Fair.

I don't want to rehash every incident between Boog - NG the last few months. Suffice it to say things continued approximately along those lines. It's fair to say both sides can shoulder blame because of this. Personally, though, I would argue NG NOT having suffered a great loss in leadership at the time and facing crisis. NG being the bigger more powerful alliance. NG having benefited so much from COBRA not so long ago making NG's revival more epic AT A MINIMUM if not essential in it. NG's leadership being FAR more experienced. It kinda seems to me even if Boog was getting easily triggered and doing some noob !@#$ maybe you should've just BACKED THE $%&@ OFF? maybe? like an ally who had some respect for another having issues?

If they kept on and you had to ban them from your discord to prevent it, I would've understood that. I would've respected that. You could've taken a different path where I would say, "NG tried their best to keep the peace and deescalate. they're blameless." but from what I've seen thus far I'd be lying with the exception of a little cooperation at the summit and now finally what seems may be a serious 'this !@#$ stops now' effort by Stewie. Though I don't believe it's out of NG's altruism but that's fine. I just hope I don't have !@#$%^&* like that served my direction moving forward. Another part of getting your !@#$ together would be remembering I've been here since early 2006. I've been leading FEAR/FTW a majority of the time since 2008. I've seen it all a dozen times before. I know NG. I know how to connect dots, much said in CN reaches me, I see what's unsaid too, I've got strong sense of smell, I know to estimate and assess probabilities and I'm confident in my calculation that the reforms Stewie are attempting are not a minute too soon. follow through with it, shut this !@#$ down. clean this !@#$ up. and we can move past this !@#$.

Edited by Canik

Well I'm no fancy big city lawyer, I'm just a simple, back-country chicken in a suit.  But it seems to me that this whole situation is being escalated, in a sincere apology thread no less, to levels that seem to indicate ulterior motives.

Also I'm back, Hi!

3 hours ago, berbers said:

Well I'm no fancy big city lawyer, I'm just a simple, back-country chicken in a suit.  But it seems to me that this whole situation is being escalated, in a sincere apology thread no less, to levels that seem to indicate ulterior motives.

Also I'm back, Hi!

Welcome back, Berbers :)

Yeah it might seem strange but there's probably some reason for it. Good reason, bad reason, a mixture? Probably a mixture. Everything is not always as it seems. One thing is for sure - it takes two to tango and if NG refuses to engage I bet this drama dies down. They'll have been the bigger man. The adult in the room. I believe they can do it, we'll see. If they do that, follow through with the reforms and back their words here with action personally I will give them my sincere thanks and put this behind us. 👍

5 hours ago, berbers said:

Also I'm back, Hi!

Yes. We /all/ believe this is a sincere apology thread. That there were no ulterior motives from the OP by posting it. 

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

3 hours ago, Canik said:

Welcome back, Berbers :)

Yeah it might seem strange but there's probably some reason for it. Good reason, bad reason, a mixture? Probably a mixture. Everything is not always as it seems. One thing is for sure - it takes two to tango and if NG refuses to engage I bet this drama dies down. They'll have been the bigger man. The adult in the room. I believe they can do it, we'll see. If they do that, follow through with the reforms and back their words here with action personally I will give them my sincere thanks and put this behind us. 👍

There's being the bigger man because you'd otherwise be lowering yourself to match someone else's level of pettiness and simply not engaging because when you do you can't help being petty. Because of that it's hard to distinguish actual change from just keeping your head down in a thread about a recent example where you went too far in your pettiness.

Relative silence from an otherwise extremely vocal group reads less as sincerity and more as damage control optics.

7 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

There's being the bigger man because you'd otherwise be lowering yourself to match someone else's level of pettiness and simply not engaging because when you do you can't help being petty. Because of that it's hard to distinguish actual change from just keeping your head down in a thread about a recent example where you went too far in your pettiness.

Relative silence from an otherwise extremely vocal group reads less as sincerity and more as damage control optics.

If I thought you were actually coming into this thread with any sort of genuine interest in seeing if NG was trying to change, I might respond by asking: why can't both be true? Why is it not possible that NG is choosing to be the better person by not matching pettiness for pettiness (at the time of this post, the top 3 posters in this thread are all outside of NG's sphere, and, in my opinion, have been varying degrees of petty), and also consciously doing damage control? What, exactly, would you expect NG to do if, in your mind, they were being genuine? Almost anything that they say is going to get twisted as some sort of "microaggression" - I mean, I've already had someone tell me that, because Stewie forgot to reiterate that OOC attacks are unacceptable in one post, they felt like his comment that it happened after Johnny's antagonistic comments meant that he was justifying what happened. What are they supposed to do except not only be the bigger person by not responding to the bait, but also play damage control by basically not responding at all?

Unfortunately, your comment reads less as sincerity and more as acknowledgement that nothing NG could have done would have changed your mind. Honestly, at least folks like BMTH and Masta haven't even pretended like they're giving NG an honest chance, which is a tiny bit more respectable than this nonsense.