NATO and NG get Mandatory - The Unwelcome Suspects

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, kerschbs said:

I believe Bud meant we don’t have to like all of NATO’s allies, and not all of their allies need to like us. This is an especially good point in a world where 90% of alliances are tied up in one way or another. 

Right, and I've heard those NG weirdos are allies to TIE, what even is that?

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You may want to re-evaluate your choice of allies, given that these allies are actively plotting against your other allies and your alliance is a means to that end.

Good luck toppling Oculus you guys!

and we would have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you meddling kids!

3 hours ago, Tankobite said:

Right, and I've heard those NG weirdos are allies to TIE, what even is that?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Twin_Ion_Engine_starfighter

3 hours ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

Plotting in secret is so 2008-2010...in 2021 we do it in public channels and voice chat. Or so I hear...

3 hours ago, dev0win said:

Twitch streaming conspiracies?

Please...  Check out my OnlyPlans

5 hours ago, dane0 said:

I thought you were retiring.

An astute observation! Correct, I am no longer leading COBRA, neither am I in government (You'll notice the lack of my signature on the NAP between our alliances). That said, I can still observe and express a thought here and there. Call it 'Independent Thinking' if you like. You don't have to be part of a hivemind to express your thoughts but judging by the majority of the comments in this thread? It seems to be a pre-requisite for you and yours.

So as I have retired, you can now retire that response for something else a bit more creative perhaps? Alternatively you can remain a broken record, people do love those.

4 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I thought we weren't supposed to publicly antagonize 

Lucius, are you not a member of The Imperial Entente? The specifics of what can and cannot be said according COBRA/NG NAP are not really a matter that concerns you directly.

I wouldn't say I'm antagonising anyone, merely stating the reality of things; Non Grata have aligned themselves with a selection of alliances with the hope of playing them against their other allies and the inverse is also true. Ultimately it comes down to who makes the first play which also happens to be the right one.

It's simple realpolitik at work, only I don't have to disguise my thinking as "Oh yay we are friends now woooo o/ [insert alliance name here]" to delude people into thinking it's 'for friendship' and not motivated by the flow of political currents (FTW being allied with Polar for example, I'm sure that has everything to do with friendship).

4 hours ago, kerschbs said:

and we would have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you meddling kids!

Oh don't worry, you'll probably get away with it. If I had to put a wager on which of you guys would successfully play the other then my money is on Non Grata.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Johnny Apocalypse is retired and no longer government, so his expressed views are not FA and he can say whatever he wants without consequence.

Am I doing this right?

4 minutes ago, Jason8 said:

Johnny Apocalypse is retired and no longer government, so his expressed views are not FA and he can say whatever he wants without consequence.

Am I doing this right?

Yes you are. We need to retire asap, Jason. Let the younglings take the wheel while we throw sh*t at the a**holes we don't like and get away with it. JA, you're always a role model.

9 minutes ago, Jason8 said:

Am I doing this right?

HAHAHAHHAH

This made me CACKLE 

34 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

That said, I can still observe and express a thought here and there. Call it 'Independent Thinking' if you like.

Not exactly the term I would have chosen. 

12 minutes ago, SirWilliam said:

Bumblecocks, the whole lot of yous.

This is the truest thing in this thread. 

14 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Not exactly the term I would have chosen. 

Oh aye? What would you have chosen? If other people share that train of thought then maybe you're right, but that'd be news to me as I've not seen it expressed. I do see a hivemind emerging to dunk on someone for expressing their own independent thoughts in between a lot of circlejerking and hailing.

I guess I got a bit bored of reading platitudes and "o/ [alliance name]" in every thread. That's the fun thing about being retired you see; I don't have to publicly pretend I like another group of people for the sake of amassing political clout.

36 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

I like Johnny. He's funny and brings me that much closer to needed NPO beatings. I hope they remember the whip that I liked.

Thanks, I do aim to please and if there's anything else I can do to speed that process up you let me know yeah? Also; make sure you have a picture/blueprint of the whip well in advance. It may need to be made from scratch and we both know how long it takes to get just about anything done around here.

Be it forging a new whip; up-ending the balance of power; burying hatchets; building a nation capable of competing with a decade old warchest; buying technology; drawing lines in the sand. Finally, let's not forget the process of laying down and letting the earth slowly take you. I can definitely vouch for the latter at least, there just isn't enough soil here to facilitate my decomposition- just enough for a light dusting accompanied with some street worms writhing across my cold bones as I spit bile from a shallow grave.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Thanks, I do aim to please and if there's anything else I can do to speed that process up you let me know yeah? Also; make sure you have a picture/blueprint of the whip well in advance. It may need to be made from scratch and we both know how long it takes to get just about anything done around here.

Be it forging a new whip; up-ending the balance of power; burying hatchets; building a nation capable of competing with a decade old warchest; buying technology; drawing lines in the sand. Finally, let's not forget the process of laying down and letting the earth slowly take you. I can definitely vouch for the latter at least, there just isn't enough soil here to facilitate my decomposition- just enough for a light dusting accompanied with some street worms writhing across my cold bones as I spit bile from a shallow grave.

Why settle for the ground when you have the far reaches of space? 

General-Treister-venture-bros-gargantua-

2 hours ago, Kapleo said:

Yes you are. We need to retire asap, Jason. Let the younglings take the wheel while we throw sh*t at the a**holes we don't like and get away with it. JA, you're always a role model.

Someone who has had to repeatedly have it explained to them why everyone hated TPF absolutely doesn't qualify as anything but a "youngling" 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

An astute observation! Correct, I am no longer leading COBRA, neither am I in government (You'll notice the lack of my signature on the NAP between our alliances). That said, I can still observe and express a thought here and there. Call it 'Independent Thinking' if you like. You don't have to be part of a hivemind to express your thoughts but judging by the majority of the comments in this thread? It seems to be a pre-requisite for you and yours.

So as I have retired, you can now retire that response for something else a bit more creative perhaps? Alternatively you can remain a broken record, people do love those.

I don't know man, I seem to remember COBRA wanting your input on the NAP and wanting you to write it or something. Also you're still literally masked as gov on your discord and in-game?

Oh, and I thought you were retired?

Edited by dane0

13 minutes ago, dane0 said:

Someone who has had to repeatedly have it explained to them why everyone hated TPF absolutely doesn't qualify as anything but a "youngling" 🤷‍♂️

Hi Dane0 and thank you, I'm flattered. I enjoy hearing the stories of those who reminiscence or suffer about their interactions with our forefathers ages ago. Point remains though; another youngling could take over so I can be a regular citizen of Bob again.

11 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

NATO, you younglings, don't you want to take the vice roi from Stewie, the oldling? Then you can get the techling sorted by the Hollyling. And we can all reminisce about the phoenixlings.

I like the idea, come, we'll build a fire, put some marshmallows in it and hear you out. If we like it we'll screenshot it and post it in our chronicles page. Here's the invitation!

https://discord.gg/dgnsNV6

1 hour ago, Duderonomy said:

Why settle for the ground when you have the far reaches of space? 

General-Treister-venture-bros-gargantua-

I like it, just as the dolphins intended.

1 hour ago, dane0 said:

I don't know man, I seem to remember COBRA wanting your input on the NAP and wanting you to write it or something. Also you're still literally masked as gov on your discord and in-game?

Oh, and I thought you were retired?

Oh you mean the King sought out advice from an Elder regarding the wording of the NAP? Sure that happened, I told Mochi to just refer to the MDoAP I signed with Stewie because as we know a 'squanch' means whatever you squanch it to mean. So I suppose I did write it but only the bit that was re-quoted from the original treaty when we had good relations. That's about as far as my input went.

Another astute observation though! It's worth noting that Pain_nation and Caspase are also masked as Elder, both in-game and discord. Though if you had any idea about how roles are defined in our charter and what went on behind closed doors, you'd see that policy isn't decided by me or the other Elders. That is exclusively upto the Royal Guard and the King. We Elder's serve in an advisory capacity, we don't dictate policy or make decisions for the alliance. I have about as much authority over COBRA policy as @Master Hakai (and he probably has more tbf)

If Elders did have that level of authority and I called the shots in some meaningful fashion? Well, let's just say there certainly wouldn't be a NAP between us and the rest I'll leave to your imagination :)

I have a joke for you; it's about the 15~ guys who almost prevented you getting a sanction. I'm sure you know the rest of the story, you should really be grateful to mochi for ensuring this didn't happen.

JA you keep repeating things like hive mind.

I suppose it is accurate, as I think there are many of us that wish you would move on from not being able to control your words and emotions and tearing everything a part. I truly do wish you could stop screeching so that we could move on. 

It's far less independent thinking and far more selfish thinking, but I know you do not handle honest criticism well.