The Day Today - A Brief History of January 2021

2 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

And that magically makes them a force of good now? No. One semi decent thing doesnt erase all the BS they have done. 

As opposed to the repeated times several of your allies also supported the same curbstomped you are railing against?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mogar said:

As opposed to the repeated times several of your allies also supported the same curbstomped you are railing against?

He won't have an answer to that. If he's so insisting on dwelling on the sins of the past, he's got quite a lot to learn.

Edited by Thrash

3 hours ago, Mogar said:

You act as if every side doesn't support the stomping when they are the ones doing it. At least when we did them, we had a valid CB, and didn't go on some lame quest because they were bored. 

1 hour ago, Liltrekkie said:

You act as if every side doesn't support the stomping when they are the ones doing it. At least when we did them, we had a valid CB, and didn't go on some lame quest because they were bored. 

I mean, we did as well, however most of our CBs at that point were generally due to High Gov issues rather than member-member problems.

Hindsight is 20-20 and I do regret some of the wars we had, however at the time (at least when I was active) I was 1 voice within 3, the other two (at least twice when wars were discussed) had historical issues with alliances within your sphere.  Luckily many of the voices have since left bob so we definitely aren't the same alliance then that we are now.

I also am the voice that declares war at the moment, and I'm trying to work through past mistakes within maroon so we can put the past behind us.  If you like I can drop over the CRAP discord and you can haze me all you want.  

Edited by Stewie

15 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Of course..

🥱

An attempt was made, which is more than what most do. 

*Tiny golf clap.*

The notes run long, but a few: I don't think I've seen any Alfred Hitchcock movies (The thought of The Birbs terrifies me though). Why would I talk to Johnny on the OWF? Why would I care about such silly things as a back collect? Is PlasticStraw supposed to be an insult (I heard Tevron likes the veiled ones)? The crinkliness does imply that the straw is likely plastic. This could be much better. 

Edited by CrinkledStraw

On 2/4/2021 at 6:05 AM, Liltrekkie said:

I seem to recall NG and various past NG allies rolling CRAP/RIA/TTK & friends whenever it felt like just for existing. Anytime your alliance got bored it was off to war town. Now you're crying wolf because it was done to you. Oh the irony. Based on NG's history alone you got what you deserved. You know what NG told us every time it happened? Get over it. So you know what you should do? Get over it.

I was RIA during those times, I was a triumvir of RIA in fact, so you talking down to me in this way is quite rich.  

On 2/4/2021 at 5:57 PM, Chuck Normis said:

Much like, despite NG getting treaties with RIA etc, I find it difficult to see proof that they are actually any different than the group that I've fought for a better part of 8 years. I would love nothing more than to be proven incorrect. I'm open to moving on.

Having been in RIA as an Elder and Triumvir a long while ago and speaking from that perspective, RIA moved on long ago, and made a lot of attempts to reach out to NG over many years, eventually building relations.  I was there for it.  Perhaps you should consider actually moving on like RIA did, instead of speaking empty words about it.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:04 PM, Lyanna Mormont said:

Lets play now CN and see what happens instead of holding onto what happened when I thought Tinky Winky was my secret best friend who lived under my bed.  

How was that not terrifying?

On 2/4/2021 at 3:04 PM, Lyanna Mormont said:

I would think that having an entirely different government would be a good indication. I don't play old time CN tho, I find it tedious. I play now CN. I am not interested in what happened when I was 4 years old or even 10 years old. 

Here we see Lyanna hearkening back to a distant time when I was already old.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:22 AM, Lord Hitchcock said:

In terms of ever attempting to bring accountability towards the home base, that's essentially what the entire Monsters Inc - Screaming Red Asses war was about. Our dismay with SRA was because one of their members, Dream4Weaver attacked while not as an SRA member and eventually went back. I worked tooth and nail to get Walsh to admit accountability and never could, because you know, e-lawyering.

Well, sure I did.  Maybe not to you, but to the aggrieved party, Meth.

Dre4m attacked Meth because of some Brown stuff -- something like the Brown Cincinnati  agreement or something.

When Meth contacted me and asked me why we were attacking, I said "Gosh. let me look".  I asked Dre4m, he said it was because it was this Brown thing.  So I went back to Meth and told him it was this whole Cincinnatti deal, but worry not, it's a Dre4m thing.  I literally give few $#!+$ about my own color politics, even less about Brown.  He said it was a valid CB, and I AGREED -- but told him to not use it, as SRA proper had ZERO interest in whatever Dre4m was pursuing.  Invited him to check our nations, NONE of whom were preparing for war.  Attack Dre4m all you want, he knows what he's doing, but this is his own thing, and no one else has or will be joining him. 

In fact, I did it publically.

Your teeth and nails were unneeded.

Edited by Walshington
Found a related post!