The Day Today - A Brief History of January 2021

18 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Punitive for what, existing?  Absent an articulated CB, that's all it was.  White peace is meaningless when you're just going to constantly harass and beat us down for having the audacity to exist.  Also lol @ "unwilling to bury grudges" with DBDCLAWS who have been antagonists for a solid year.  You're also someone I wish I could respect, Tevron, but I can't while you keep this joke going.  We can consider burying grudges when DBDCLAWS stops their antagonism and aggression.  Until then, it's a vapid and empty plea.

I seem to recall NG and various past NG allies rolling CRAP/RIA/TTK & friends whenever it felt like just for existing. Anytime your alliance got bored it was off to war town. Now you're crying wolf because it was done to you. Oh the irony. Based on NG's history alone you got what you deserved. You know what NG told us every time it happened? Get over it. So you know what you should do? Get over it.

Edited by Liltrekkie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Liltrekkie said:

I seem to recall NG and various past NG allies rolling CRAP/RIA/TTK & friends whenever it felt like just for existing. Anytime your alliance got bored it was off to war town. Now you're crying wolf because it was done to you. Oh the irony. Based on NG's history alone you got what you deserved. You know what NG told us every time it happened? Get over it. So you know what you should do? Get over it.

You and I remember history very differently...

https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Non_Grata

But then again I was pretty inactive from 2016-2019 so that would explain a lot.

Edited by Stewie

19 minutes ago, Stewie said:

You and I remember history very differently...

https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Non_Grata

It's missing your massive maroon dominance campaign, and the few months after when you hit TTK for "plotting". So I think it's your history that's wrong, not mine.

2 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

You personally weren't, but the name you call home, was. The sins of NG's past will forever haunt you, and whoever else may hold the throne in the future.

Oh that I am sure of.  But there are amends we can attempt to make if the parties are willing to.

See: MDOAP treaties with Cobra, FARK, Polar and RIA.

14 hours ago, LJ Scott said:

If you say the Doom fishing pond is the Top 300, which is 203K NS and up then:
unknown.png

Oculus and RFI make up 68% of that tier, add us and alliances immediately tied to Oculus or RFI then that's 88% of the tier.

If you take out those nations in perma-peace-mode then you're left with 26 nations inside the Top 300. Of those some will be in alliances we've raided, some we've raided and decided not to raid again, or some we're yet to raid - you can't overfish the pond!

You don't really care.

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

Oh that I am sure of.  But there are amends we can attempt to make if the parties are willing to.

See: MDOAP treaties with Cobra, FARK, Polar and RIA.

To be fair, we tried treaties with NG in the past. We had a nice Maroon wide NAP that was immediately dumped to roll us "other" maroon alliances as soon as the opportunity arose. I will say the "we voted 48 hrs ago to leave the treaty...you have 24 hrs left of the 72 hr grace period" cancellation clause was well worth it though.

I am more than willing to work stuff out with NG. I keep hearing that this is a new NG and all that stuff, but I keep seeing the same patterns of behavior that tell me the only thing that was changed was a pair of socks.

I can make the same argument you are making with NG to LH. LH was an annoying pain to me for years, yet we are now treatied. I can tell you that he is actually trying to run a proper alliance, but old habits die hard. I tried to get a good reset back in November, but the actions of going after TDE again after only about a month after the last conflict caused him to relapse. People said TDE was free to go, but he clearly wasn't. Made people wonder what else in that so called "peace agreement" back in Nov/Dec wasn't also valid any more.

The point is, all I'm seeing is petty vindictiveness from the same groups (both sides). It's a feedback loop right now. My ears are ringing and I might have tinnitus. I am more that willing to assist in making it stop.

16 minutes ago, Chuck Normis said:

To be fair, we tried treaties with NG in the past. We had a nice Maroon wide NAP that was immediately dumped to roll us "other" maroon alliances as soon as the opportunity arose. I will say the "we voted 48 hrs ago to leave the treaty...you have 24 hrs left of the 72 hr grace period" cancellation clause was well worth it though.

I am more than willing to work stuff out with NG. I keep hearing that this is a new NG and all that stuff, but I keep seeing the same patterns of behavior that tell me the only thing that was changed was a pair of socks.

I can make the same argument you are making with NG to LH. LH was an annoying pain to me for years, yet we are now treatied. I can tell you that he is actually trying to run a proper alliance, but old habits die hard. I tried to get a good reset back in November, but the actions of going after TDE again after only about a month after the last conflict caused him to relapse. People said TDE was free to go, but he clearly wasn't. Made people wonder what else in that so called "peace agreement" back in Nov/Dec wasn't also valid any more.

The point is, all I'm seeing is petty vindictiveness from the same groups (both sides). It's a feedback loop right now. My ears are ringing and I might have tinnitus. I am more that willing to assist in making it stop.

If NG were going to pursue petty vindictiveness we would have declared on LH already whilst we had nations in range instead of starting to grow again.

To be fair, I worked pretty damn hard to get the Maroon wide NAP done...  that my successors did away with it was on their own head not mine.

I have no intention to leave anytime soon, and we have done away with the Duumvir / Triumvir system so hopefully we have a coordinated FA strategy for a longer period of time than the 6-12 months we had previously.

3 hours ago, Chuck Normis said:

Just to let you know..... None of that has anything to do with Non Grata. This is a weird concept but Cobra is a separate alliance. There is Cobra and then there is also Non Grata. Just like there is your alliance, lol. 

5 hours ago, jerdge said:

You don't really care.

You'd be surprised at some of the care we show by way of letting little fishies grow from time to time. We're perhaps some of the last to care on Bob. Although what we care about might not align with what anyone else cares about...

33 minutes ago, LJ Scott said:

You'd be surprised at some of the care we show by way of letting little fishies grow from time to time. We're perhaps some of the last to care on Bob. Although what we care about might not align with what anyone else cares about...

I meant that you don't care if you have a fishing pond or not.

I don't rule out that you care for others in general or for specific others, one way or another, and in fact that's what I'd expect from you - although I don't really have an idea of your current whereabouts.

You've never been a real jerk.

12 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Just to let you know..... None of that has anything to do with Non Grata. This is a weird concept but Cobra is a separate alliance. There is Cobra and then there is also Non Grata. Just like there is your alliance, lol. 

I guess it could have been better worded or I could have chosen a better example. I quoted and responded to a NG specific response to talk about NG. I am very much aware that they are separate entities. It was an example of how LH, much like NG, is trying to move on from their past behavior and be better, but people still have certain perceptions that are hard to shake and that it is easy to fall into old habits again. Much like, despite NG getting treaties with RIA etc, I find it difficult to see proof that they are actually any different than the group that I've fought for a better part of 8 years. I would love nothing more than to be proven incorrect. I'm open to moving on.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Normis said:

I guess it could have been better worded or I could have chosen a better example. I quoted and responded to a NG specific response to talk about NG. I am very much aware that they are separate entities. It was an example of how LH, much like NG, is trying to move on from their past behavior and be better, but people still have certain perceptions that are hard to shake and that it is easy to fall into old habits again. Much like, despite NG getting treaties with RIA etc, I find it difficult to see proof that they are actually any different than the group that I've fought for a better part of 8 years. I would love nothing more than to be proven incorrect. I'm open to moving on.

I would think that having an entirely different government would be a good indication. I don't play old time CN tho, I find it tedious. I play now CN. I am not interested in what happened when I was 4 years old or even 10 years old. 

For instance, to me? Claws is not a merger. They have always been Claws. GATO has always been in RFI. FTW and Cobra have always trades memes on these forums. 

Lets play now CN and see what happens instead of holding onto what happened when I thought Tinky Winky was my secret best friend who lived under my bed.  

24 minutes ago, Chuck Normis said:

how LH, much like NG, is trying to move on from their past behavior and be better

The problem is that LH has shown no examples of moving on and/or attempting to be better.

It would be so delightful if they had. We were stoked to do the "champion" war rounds and move on. LH was not.

3 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

The problem is that LH has shown no examples of moving on and/or attempting to be better.

It would be so delightful if they had. We were stoked to do the "champion" war rounds and move on. LH was not.

Of course..

unknown.png

Edited by Lord Hitchcock
Lord Hitchcock must have edited it

5 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

I would think that having an entirely different government would be a good indication. I don't play old time CN tho, I find it tedious. I play now CN. I am not interested in what happened when I was 4 years old or even 10 years old. 

For instance, to me? Claws is not a merger. They have always been Claws. GATO has always been in RFI. FTW and Cobra have always trades memes on these forums. 

Lets play now CN and see what happens instead of holding onto what happened when I thought Tinky Winky was my secret best friend who lived under my bed.  

🧐😯😬🤪🤯

I had some awareness that new players see things different and all but wow, that was a shocking picture you painted! To me CLAWS has been here but a blink of the eye. Even the alliances who merged to make them were still kind of new. I agree with you though for the most part. Some grudges may be worth holding onto for years.. but by and large, move on and live in the present. 

On 2/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, LJ Scott said:

unknown.png

Thing is, post declaration range change we're very quiet on the raid front. And even prior to that DBDC has historically been more active in raiding than we had in recent times.

Ya'll are washed up has-beens of Cuba's DBDC. Stop fronting, you no longer value friends over infra. 

17 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

You personally weren't, but the name you call home, was. The sins of NG's past will forever haunt you, and whoever else may hold the throne in the future.

NG is also responsible for agreeing to a much more favorable senate for CRAP and it's allies than could be all things considered.

6 hours ago, Chuck Normis said:

Typically moving on would require you to not plot an attack against the people you are supposed to be moving on from grudges, but hey.

55 minutes ago, Mogar said:

NG is also responsible for agreeing to a much more favorable senate for CRAP and it's allies than could be all things considered.

And that magically makes them a force of good now? No. One semi decent thing doesnt erase all the BS they have done.