The Day Today - A Brief History of January 2021

> Redirecting power from missile silos to the Broadcast Towers of Anubia

Begin Transmission:

78RCVu8.png

Pictured above; Johnny Apocalypse removing nuclear fallout from his brain.

Welcome to The Day Today's January 2021 NewsWipe - A New Year's Summary

Long time no see Dear Readers, now that the mandatory conscription order has been rescinded The Day Today writing team can get back to work and provide you all with only the finest, most accurate source of information Planet Bob has seen.....um, ever? Well, maybe not ever but we're close- not that there is much in the way of competent literary competition. Anyway I digress, let's dig in.

So what happened this month?

ZTfhldN.jpg

COBRA - State of Emergency declared in the wake of TWO Peace Treaties

At the beginning of 2021, COBRA kickstarted the year in true miliaristic fashion with fireworks pointed towards the Knights of the Round Table. Soon after the initial launches; inboxes were coated wall-to-wall with paperjam consisting of letters from various animal protection charities because we were scaring everyone's pets, as well as a handful of reluctant conscientious objectors who did not wish to fight this battle. The reasons for the war were laid out in the initial declaration- contrary to attempts by deluded braincrashed leaders seeking to frame the narrative in their own way. The reasons were not strictly limited to the presence of one nation. However since that declaration, the King Cobra and the Knight of the Grail have come to terms as equals and made peace. Our grievance has been put to rest and though it remains early days, we endeavour to pursue peaceful co-existence and co-operation with each other. 

Thanks, Round Table.

Thrable.

Scary and unprecedented times indeed for COBRA. Peace!? Successfully Buried Hatchets!? Have we entered a bizarro dimension? No, that's the place where you have less than zero soldiers or infrastructure. And also no because......

fXrNJ3X.png

RFI and Oculus vs. Non Grata and COBRA - Season 1.2

Lack of viable material cited for re-launch of popular 2019-2020 Season

Approximately two weeks in to the COBRA vs. Knights of the Round Table war, the leaders of Non Grata and COBRA began to feel a twitching in the planetary grapevines. Rumblings of a greater war arriving at COBRA's door grew louder as time went on, initially the assumption being that it was an attempt to claim a moral high ground in defense of the Round Table. Had this actually been the case, it certainly would have been a bit more credible than what actually transpired....

Instead; COBRA and Non Grata found themselves once again beset by alliances from the RFI and Oculus blocs respectively, with each taking turns to dance on our lawns. The reason given? A mischievous and most wicked plot against them in violation of a non-aggression pact the RFI bloc held with Non Grata. So very mischievous it was that they refused to reveal the evidence of this claim to the public! This told us that they really meant business, our days were numbered and that we were in for it now I tell you whut.

There was one thing that did strike us (and everyone else watching) as particularly odd though. Generally speaking; when you provide a casus belli you tend to actually show your evidence or at the very least; build your case for people to see your reasoning/tell your opponent it's simply because you don't like them. Either you work on crafting a written argument or you provide evidence of crimes committed against you. It is the very justification for launching hostilities, so why hide it?  The short answer is that the source of the 'intelligence' was not reliable or remotely trustworth. The long answer is that the evidence cited wasn't the real reason and that their source was actually someone who was sponsored and incentivised to become a turncoat against the people he once upon a time could consider friends (more on this later)

The source material was not only obtained from a deeply questionable source, but it was also acquired long before the initiation of hostilities. In fact it was acquired during the time the Non Grata-RFI NAP was in effect, though no attempt was made by RFI to honour that with Non Grata by making a diplomatic approach. Instead these screenshots were used to start plotting a war against us both. They went about this while also keeping some of their own allies who we shared in the dark about their plan to hit us and in doing so; violated intelligence clauses in treaties with those allies (yes, the irony is very thick isn't it?)

After some very sound and indisputable arguments were made during the weekend long summit, a temporary ceasefire was agreed to while a pathway to peace was drawn up. As the evidence cited had been debunked thoroughly and the war itself was launched on weak pretenses and in violation of a number of their own treaties, COBRA declared that if peace was to be achieved it would not be done without some reasonable tit-for-tat for our trouble. There was to be a period of limited engagement and retaliation with a view to balancing the scales (and making sure those responsible didn't walk off without getting a pint glass in the eye themselves).

So a draft was painstakingly carved out; the majority of the coalition agreed to the terms of limited engagement and COBRA revealed the extent of the counter-offensive forces they should expect. All was going well, except for one silent voice chiming in at the 11th hour before the ceasefire expired. "We would prefer white peace" they suggested. I bawked. The others asked why they did not ask this sooner, given the ample opportunity to do so. A panic began to take hold; the agreement was in jeopardy at the last minute; COBRA allies remained poised to strike; a plea for reason was made to stick to the original plan; a further plea was made to extend the ceasefire for another 24 hours to allow further discussion.

And then they came.

dsAQCN3.png

The Rise of Boognish (or; 'How to fold a Tiger')

At 11:19:34 PM on the 23rd January, Kashmiri forces drew first blood in what was to be a growing counter-offensive against a key alliance in RFI who was most likely the recipient of the 'intelligence' and the primary instigator in the war against COBRA and Non Grata. Shortly after, Kapleo of The Phoenix Federation formally planted our flag and announced a declaration of war on behalf of Boognish against the alliance CLAWS (and GATO and Argent, we promise that you weren't forgotten!)

From that point on, declarations started rolling in on CLAWS nations from across the Boognish sphere. Each alliance had their own unpleasant history with their (now former) opponents. To see them part of a coalition of 700~ nations descending upon their ally (without actually doing any of the heavy-lifting themselves) was the final straw. Come hell or high-water the alliances of Boognish had determined they would no longer sit by in the face of aggression originating from this alliance for the sake of maintaining peace- as peace was clearly not what a lot of them desired.

As per the terms in the preliminary agreement, no further wars were to be launched after the 24th. Boognish stuck to their word, as did RFI and Oculus. The parameters for limited engagement were fulfilled and a peace treaty was subsequently drawn up. After a week of engagement and a reasonable level of retaliation, the proposal of White Peace was found acceptable, which is where we find ourselves today.

We sincerely hope that this is the last attempt at a re-run of a concept that has been thoroughly milked at this point. The udders run as dry and empty as the justifications for launching what we call 'The Bicycle War' - let us no longer find each other at the end of one another's barrels. If by some misfortune we ever do? Let us either be honest about our intentions or have a better case prepared at the very least.

For now we look to the future (oh god not the future what does it want now?)

aa.png

Rat Bashing and Other Pastimes

As a little side note to close this edition of The Day Today, this journalist would like to address the lonely rodent who has been sat at the end of a very long queue in a cold and empty waiting room. I promised that an advisor would be with him as soon as possible and, true to my word, I will now address his conduct.

Lord Hitchcock; you have knowingly acquired screenshots of private channels from alliances who once welcomed you as a member and friend. You have provided cherry-picked instances of those chatrooms in order to frame a narrative for those who sought to bring war to COBRA and Non Grata. You are a traitor who has already been afforded mercy once in recent months and you add insult to injury by opportunistically attacking the nation of our beloved, lost former King; General Kanabis while we were engaged in hostilities which you made your agenda to instigate.

You will receive mercy but not today and not tomorrow. For the sake of clarity; We formally recognise the hostilities which you have once again initiated against us from your alliance King Neptune's Bar. If you have any sense remaining, you will indeed take this on the chin.

Oh and if you have something to say in the future, please use your own voice. No lawyers.

tenor.gif

That's it for January and The Day Today. I don't know about you but I intend on sleeping for most of February so unless one of the rest of you does something? Goodnight/morning/afternoon/whatever time it is I don't even know any more so here's a reassuring video.

TyBb1Ao.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Had this actually been the case, it certainly would have been a bit more credible than what actually transpired....

I agree with this one part of your opinion piece.  This war should have been fought in response to Cobra's unjustified attack on KoRT. 

23 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

I agree with this one part of your opinion piece.  This war should have been fought in response to Cobra's unjustified attack on KoRT. 

Hindsight is 2020

Still would've been "legal" in the strictest sense 

Edited by Lucius Optimus

5 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Hindsight is 2020

Still would've been "legal" in the strictest sense 

The only thing "legal" in CN is that which the "powers that be" agree upon.  Starting a war because one side is plotting against another has a long history of being "legal" and thus that is not my point.  I was actually surprised that Cobra attacked KoRT. 

I also want to be clear that by saying this, I am not being critical of what happened.  I am sure there was some good reason behind the scenes that I know nothing about as to why the war did not happen that way.  

1 hour ago, White Chocolate said:

It would indeed have been a more credible position to take.

Perhaps not a mantle suitable to be seized by DBDC/CLAWS though. Y'know, given your history of jumping back and forth between AAs to do the exact same thing to anyone with an upper-tier without justification or joining someone to support them attacking where you are unable to reach (e.g You joining KNB) and running back to DBDC or CLAWS without repercussions.

You know what they say about glass houses and stones WC.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

King Neptune's Bar: Immediate Release
Transmission: To each side of a spin job there's another story.

Whilst the end of the Oculus-NG stomp, like any other alliance on the receiving end, there was some annoyance and wanting to move to greener pastures. However those greener pastures are all stuck together. I do think Stewie and Thrash were the right picks for the job, for the situation at hand. I wasn't any use there and wanted to see if I could get some angles on FA, my willingness to help. 

Sunsetting my new alliance didn't come with cost though, the same members who were with me before we were absorbed into NG during the war and where some were rescued from Cobra when the rolling got real tough. Having been a Co-Founder of U, along with Lucious and General Kannibis- there was a bond of micro unity in the world and to sunset my alliance was pretty reasonable but to some it wasn't. My animosity towards NG was they didn't care one way or the other, and I felt like they were choosing a flavor of the month alliance, much like when they were aligned to DK, over what was years of friendship. 

Not only was I told I couldn't ask for my members back, when some came over I was told I didn't have any protection- and then my alliance was hit by Ordo Cybercineticas. It was a strong arm tactic and eventually the agreement was that I'd go my own way and I did. I went to the corner of Planet Bob where I felt there was indeed a past of raids gone wrong and where simple talks turned into leveraged public relation battles.

That said, we were in a precarious situation where we had no treaties and so I turned to an old enemy, White Chocolate. I turned to another old enemy, Banned. I turned to enemies who've I plotted and warred against, CRAP (who NGs warred like 20 times) , and opened friendly dialogue with KORT, who we helped animalz hit. I looked for the furthest point away that wasn't declared neutrality (which I considered). 

The incentive didn't come with a cost though, over years and years of being untrustworthy, it meant anchoring to an area of the web we liked and where we plan to stay forever. Cobra saw this as a bait tactic, but it really wasn't. Much like a cobra flexes its neck, sometimes a house of cards offense is a best defense and we wanted them to know that we were defended.

Cobra's declaration of war against King Neptune's Bar was exhilarating, we laid off a few nukes, Comics and Memes were rivaling those of the great Hartw and Lord Hershey's. The prolonged peace talks would've made Schatterman's front page of ODN Evil-Style tactic of prolonging a war. And we even got enough participation to embark on Cobra's Gladiator games. Bygones be bygones, we were allowed to exist with differences of opinion.

Or so we thought.. less than a month later out of the corner of our eye, Cobra walls off and hits KORT. Our perception was that it had to do with TDE because what are the chances (statistically speaking) they'd hit them for any other reason? It put us in a defensive position because we really didn't think Cobra could follow their word. So salting the Bob and laying fire to Cobra for perceived violation for their nap and for NGs perceived violation of their nap (notice a pattern) and because NG, let's face it- they beat up on everyone.

I'll take this one on the chin. So Cobra, ShoW ME wHaT YoU's goT!

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

43 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

. Y'know, given your history of jumping back and forth between AAs to do the exact same thing to anyone with an upper-tier without justification or joining someone to support them attacking where you are unable to reach (e.g You joining KNB) and running back to DBDC or CLAWS without repercussions.

You might have another good point.  Perhaps I should just do it Cobra style and simply claim all my memberships while sitting in one AA.  I will talk to my friends in CLAWS about that.  If it is good enough for Lyanna to claim all her joint memberships while sitting on the Cobra AA, it is good enough for me.   CLAWS, like Cobra, allows tech raiding too.  Maybe it's time just to upgrade the tech raiding rules to include inactive alliances.  It's something to think about anyway.

Edited by White Chocolate

2 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

The only thing "legal" in CN is that which the "powers that be" agree upon. [...]

Quite the opposite, the very idea of legality is to replace power as a mean to solve disputes. The powerful can of course use power instead, and call it however they wish - even saying that it's "legal" - but nobody is really obligated to actually believe such a nonsense.

Logic obstinately disregards authority, guns have no effect on language or ideas, in this text-based and text-made world convincing people is, in fact, paramount.

Furthermore, and not only in CN, no individual can be powerful enough to be completely independent or self sufficient. Even the most powerful has to provide justifications for their actions, if they want to endure.

Edited by jerdge
typo

4 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

There was one thing that did strike us (and everyone else watching) as particularly odd though. Generally speaking; when you provide a casus belli you tend to actually show your evidence or at the very least; build your case for people to see your reasoning/tell your opponent it's simply because you don't like them. Either you work on crafting a written argument or you provide evidence of crimes committed against you. It is the very justification for launching hostilities, so why hide it?  The short answer is that the source of the 'intelligence' was not reliable or remotely trustworth. The long answer is that the evidence cited wasn't the real reason and that their source was actually someone who was sponsored and incentivised to become a turncoat against the people he once upon a time could consider friends (more on this later)

As was stated (and demonstrated) within the peace summit as well as several DM's, there was no point in presenting or litigating the logs publicly. Literally neither side will ever agree they committed wrongdoing regardless if they have or not, and the two sides that generally be at the moment make up the vast majority of the posters on this forum. There's no real middle ground to convince, so why commit to an argument that will never resolve in a satisfactory way? Everyone thinks they're the hero of the story.

Folks are free to DM me for details I have, the 'no logs until a peace conference' stipulation our coalition set has was obviously met and thus my embargo on talking about it has as well.

5 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

> Redirecting power from missile silos to the Broadcast Towers of Anubia

Begin Transmission:

78RCVu8.png

Pictured above; Johnny Apocalypse removing nuclear fallout from his brain.

Welcome to The Day Today's January 2021 NewsWipe - A New Year's Summary

Long time no see Dear Readers, now that the mandatory conscription order has been rescinded The Day Today writing team can get back to work and provide you all with only the finest, most accurate source of information Planet Bob has seen.....um, ever? Well, maybe not ever but we're close- not that there is much in the way of competent literary competition. Anyway I digress, let's dig in.

So what happened this month?

ZTfhldN.jpg

COBRA - State of Emergency declared in the wake of TWO Peace Treaties

At the beginning of 2021, COBRA kickstarted the year in true miliaristic fashion with fireworks pointed towards the Knights of the Round Table. Soon after the initial launches; inboxes were coated wall-to-wall with paperjam consisting of letters from various animal protection charities because we were scaring everyone's pets, as well as a handful of reluctant conscientious objectors who did not wish to fight this battle. The reasons for the war were laid out in the initial declaration- contrary to attempts by deluded braincrashed leaders seeking to frame the narrative in their own way. The reasons were not strictly limited to the presence of one nation. However since that declaration, the King Cobra and the Knight of the Grail have come to terms as equals and made peace. Our grievance has been put to rest and though it remains early days, we endeavour to pursue peaceful co-existence and co-operation with each other. 

Thanks, Round Table.

Thrable.

Scary and unprecedented times indeed for COBRA. Peace!? Successfully Buried Hatchets!? Have we entered a bizarro dimension? No, that's the place where you have less than zero soldiers or infrastructure. And also no because......

fXrNJ3X.png

RFI and Oculus vs. Non Grata and COBRA - Season 1.2

Lack of viable material cited for re-launch of popular 2019-2020 Season

Approximately two weeks in to the COBRA vs. Knights of the Round Table war, the leaders of Non Grata and COBRA began to feel a twitching in the planetary grapevines. Rumblings of a greater war arriving at COBRA's door grew louder as time went on, initially the assumption being that it was an attempt to claim a moral high ground in defense of the Round Table. Had this actually been the case, it certainly would have been a bit more credible than what actually transpired....

Instead; COBRA and Non Grata found themselves once again beset by alliances from the RFI and Oculus blocs respectively, with each taking turns to dance on our lawns. The reason given? A mischievous and most wicked plot against them in violation of a non-aggression pact the RFI bloc held with Non Grata. So very mischievous it was that they refused to reveal the evidence of this claim to the public! This told us that they really meant business, our days were numbered and that we were in for it now I tell you whut.

The source material was not only obtained from a deeply questionable source, but it was also acquired long before the initiation of hostilities. In fact it was acquired during the time the Non Grata-RFI NAP was in effect, though no attempt was made by RFI to honour that with Non Grata by making a diplomatic approach. Instead these screenshots were used to start plotting a war against us both. They went about this while also keeping some of their own allies who we shared in the dark about their plan to hit us and in doing so; violated intelligence clauses in treaties with those allies (yes, the irony is very thick isn't it?)

After some very sound and indisputable arguments were made during the weekend long summit, a temporary ceasefire was agreed to while a pathway to peace was drawn up. As the evidence cited had been debunked thoroughly and the war itself was launched on weak pretenses and in violation of a number of their own treaties, COBRA declared that if peace was to be achieved it would not be done without some reasonable tit-for-tat for our trouble. There was to be a period of limited engagement and retaliation with a view to balancing the scales (and making sure those responsible didn't walk off without getting a pint glass in the eye themselves).

So a draft was painstakingly carved out; the majority of the coalition agreed to the terms of limited engagement and COBRA revealed the extent of the counter-offensive forces they should expect. All was going well, except for one silent voice chiming in at the 11th hour before the ceasefire expired. "We would prefer white peace" they suggested. I bawked. The others asked why they did not ask this sooner, given the ample opportunity to do so. A panic began to take hold; the agreement was in jeopardy at the last minute; COBRA allies remained poised to strike; a plea for reason was made to stick to the original plan; a further plea was made to extend the ceasefire for another 24 hours to allow further discussion.

And then they came.

dsAQCN3.png

The Rise of Boognish (or; 'How to fold a Tiger')

At 11:19:34 PM on the 23rd January, Kashmiri forces drew first blood in what was to be a growing counter-offensive against a key alliance in RFI who was most likely the recipient of the 'intelligence' and the primary instigator in the war against COBRA and Non Grata. Shortly after, Kapleo of The Phoenix Federation formally planted our flag and announced a declaration of war on behalf of Boognish against the alliance CLAWS (and GATO and Argent, we promise that you weren't forgotten!)

From that point on, declarations started rolling in on CLAWS nations from across the Boognish sphere. Each alliance had their own unpleasant history with their (now former) opponents. To see them part of a coalition of 700~ nations descending upon their ally (without actually doing any of the heavy-lifting themselves) was the final straw. Come hell or high-water the alliances of Boognish had determined they would no longer sit by in the face of aggression originating from this alliance for the sake of maintaining peace- as peace was clearly not what a lot of them desired.

As per the terms in the preliminary agreement, no further wars were to be launched after the 24th. Boognish stuck to their word, as did RFI and Oculus. The parameters for limited engagement were fulfilled and a peace treaty was subsequently drawn up. After a week of engagement and a reasonable level of retaliation, the proposal of White Peace was found acceptable, which is where we find ourselves today.

We sincerely hope that this is the last attempt at a re-run of a concept that has been thoroughly milked at this point. The udders run as dry and empty as the justifications for launching what we call 'The Bicycle War' - let us no longer find each other at the end of one another's barrels. If by some misfortune we ever do? Let us either be honest about our intentions or have a better case prepared at the very least.

For now we look to the future (oh god not the future what does it want now?)

aa.png

Rat Bashing and Other Pastimes

As a little side note to close this edition of The Day Today, this journalist would like to address the lonely rodent who has been sat at the end of a very long queue in a cold and empty waiting room. I promised that an advisor would be with him as soon as possible and, true to my word, I will now address his conduct.

Lord Hitchcock; you have knowingly acquired screenshots of private channels from alliances who once welcomed you as a member and friend. You have provided cherry-picked instances of those chatrooms in order to frame a narrative for those who sought to bring war to COBRA and Non Grata. You are a traitor who has already been afforded mercy once in recent months and you add insult to injury by opportunistically attacking the nation of our beloved, lost former King; General Kanabis while we were engaged in hostilities which you made your agenda to instigate.

You will receive mercy but not today and not tomorrow. For the sake of clarity; We formally recognise the hostilities which you have once again initiated against us from your alliance King Neptune's Bar. If you have any sense remaining, you will indeed take this on the chin.

Oh and if you have something to say in the future, please use your own voice. No lawyers.

tenor.gif

That's it for January and The Day Today. I don't know about you but I intend on sleeping for most of February so unless one of the rest of you does something? Goodnight/morning/afternoon/whatever time it is I don't even know any more so here's a reassuring video.

TyBb1Ao.jpg

Well done Johnny. Another great edition of "The Day Today". Keep up the good work. 

4 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

That the cn wiki doesn't have updates on events from May 2020 on is a crime

Good post JA 

I'd do it but a lot has happened and is kind of hard to keep up with.

52 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

There's no real middle ground to convince, so why commit to an argument that will never resolve in a satisfactory way? Everyone thinks they're the hero of the story.

Then why even bother presenting the argument in the first place if you aren't going to commit to it.  As has been mentioned many times throughout this whole thing, just say "we don't like you therefore we're deccing you."

1 minute ago, Talbrys said:

As has been mentioned many times throughout this whole thing, just say "we don't like you therefore we're deccing you."

Because that's not what happened.

We had what we had and saw cause enough for conflict, what does it matter or not if we argued about it with folks that would never be convinced during the war?

Just now, James Spanier said:

Because that's not what happened.

We had what we had and saw cause enough for conflict, what does it matter or not if we argued about it with folks that would never be convinced during the war?

And that's why you peaced out after basically one round? Because you had enough cause? Or did you follow that !@#$@#$ retard Bundy down a rabbit hole that you instantly started to regret because he's too dumb to ever be allowed in a position of leadership? HMMMMMM... makes you wonder.

6 minutes ago, Talbrys said:

Then why even bother presenting the argument in the first place if you aren't going to commit to it.  As has been mentioned many times throughout this whole thing, just say "we don't like you therefore we're deccing you."

Technically the we don't like you therefore we're deccing you is a legal recognition of war, while NSO doesn't exist anymore- the document was never overturned by the Cyberverse.

The Moldavi Doctrine - Alliance Announcements (IC) - Cyber Nations Forums

1 hour ago, James Spanier said:

As was stated (and demonstrated) within the peace summit as well as several DM's, there was no point in presenting or litigating the logs publicly. Literally neither side will ever agree they committed wrongdoing regardless if they have or not, and the two sides that generally be at the moment make up the vast majority of the posters on this forum. There's no real middle ground to convince, so why commit to an argument that will never resolve in a satisfactory way? Everyone thinks they're the hero of the story.

Folks are free to DM me for details I have, the 'no logs until a peace conference' stipulation our coalition set has was obviously met and thus my embargo on talking about it has as well.

Well, providing evidence was what saved Claws from Boognish in their TIE invasion. It forced him to admit wrongdoing and asking their allies to back off.

Had this war been pinned on Cobra for attacking KoRT, for example, we wouldn't have been so eager to jump in. Cobra being the aggressor puts a heavy "O" in our MDoA bloc on them, specially considering the conflict of interests it brought.

So yeah, be clear on your cb and your target may have a harder time gathering support from their allies, but a seemingly war of aggression will only get you exactly what you got: a crapton of alliances getting ready to start a global, unless the target's allies are a bunch of pixel huggers, in that case you'll be fine.

Great post, Johnny.

8 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Technically the we don't like you therefore we're deccing you is a legal recognition of war, while NSO doesn't exist anymore- the document was never overturned by the Cyberverse.

Correct -- as @Jerdge stated.  This reasoning was identified by the opposing coalition as "acceptable", but was not the path that was embarked upon -- in fact, that option was thoroughly denied by the offensive coalition.  There is, in fact, a peanut gallery that cares about such things.  Glad the embargo is over.

22 minutes ago, Caustic said:

And that's why you peaced out after basically one round? Because you had enough cause? Or did you follow that !@#$@#$ retard Bundy down a rabbit hole that you instantly started to regret because he's too dumb to ever be allowed in a position of leadership? HMMMMMM... makes you wonder.

The summit was called to meet at the behest of the Polar-Legion tie, and the success of it was owed due in large part to the fact that the majority of it was organized and cordial. We all agreed to disagree on the merits of the war at the Polar representative's urging, because it was at that point irrelevant. The goal of the war was never to "exterminate NG" and as such, the positive dialog in the summit has presented both sides with alternative options more befitting the geopolitics of the day. Hopefully those options are taken.

14 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

Had this war been pinned on Cobra for attacking KoRT, for example, we wouldn't have been so eager to jump in. Cobra being the aggressor puts a heavy "O" in our MDoA bloc on them, specially considering the conflict of interests it brought.

Again, that's also not what the war was about. We weren't out looking for convenient reasons to declare a war on COBRA when the majority of the content pointed to NG. Would it have been a successful political gambit to try and divide your side? Possibly, but not our aim.

Edited by James Spanier

9 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

Again, that's also not what the war was about. We weren't out looking for convenient reasons to declare a war on COBRA when the majority of the content pointed to NG. Would it have been a successful political gambit to try and divide your side? Possibly, but not our aim.

I know, it was an example, just pointing out the fact that a clear cb tends to be more beneficial for everyone. Solid CB? Allies could go like "well you brought that on yourself". Weak CB? "Don't worry mate, we'll give them hell".

25 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

The summit was called to meet at the behest of the Polar-Legion tie, and the success of it was owed due in large part to the fact that the majority of it was organized and cordial. We all agreed to disagree on the merits of the war at the Polar representative's urging, because it was at that point irrelevant. The goal of the war was never to "exterminate NG" and as such, the positive dialog in the summit has presented both sides with alternative options more befitting the geopolitics of the day. Hopefully those options are taken.

And you want to know why Polar went to those lengths? I'll give you a hint, it's not because your CB was good and definitely not because Bundy is intelligent.

4 minutes ago, Caustic said:

And you want to know why Polar went to those lengths? I'll give you a hint, it's not because your CB was good and definitely not because Bundy is intelligent.

Polar's position on the CB was what it was, it didn't and doesn't change any stances on our side regarding the CB. We can argue about it until the lights go out, however focus has shifted to the future.

57 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Yeah, that's an open statement of a war of aggression which is totally ok and honest. Point here was that they tried to put it as if NG was the offending AA without providing any evidence of it. In the absence of information, speculation takes place and speculation leaned towards war of aggression and war of aggression means MD treaties get activated.