Petition to COBRA: Mercy for the Mouse

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kapleo said:

And well, if you want everyone to know out loud what happened, it was pretty much Polar making you their b*tch without breaking a sweat.

Wrong again. Maybe you should pose these statements as questions.

58 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

@Lord Hitchcock the funny part is that you probably could have avoided at least some of the repercussions. But you  being you, you had to draw attention to yourself by bandwagoning and saying things like "Burn baby burn" 

There certainly was some friendly war banter to seek what we felt was justice for hitting Kort and what we felt was a result of the KNB war, which Johnny will attest was driven by their communications during that particular conflict.

Note that we didn't bandwagon on Cobra, one nation (my own) hit cobra to fulfill trumped-up terms your side drafted and pushed on us for peace. You can call it lousy and that's equally the same sentiment I felt when they were imposed. You and I have warred together on many coalitions, did we ever force anything other than white peace?

Pardon for being bias, but I did agree with the CB for the war on Cobra and NG (and still do). That being said, if we are to persecute anyone and everyone that has an opinion on a particular matter, then the peanut gallery is in trouble.

38 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Wrong again. Maybe you should pose these statements as questions.

Your buddies were drooling to hit Cobra/NG, you get a massive coalition to get them rolled and Polar, very nicely, had the Oculus part removed, leaving RFI in danger of getting hit by over 10 alliances. Until now I was under the impression Polar was some sort of Oculus prisoner, but after this I can see Oculus actually respects/appreciates Polar.

You guys made a smart call, I'll give you that, but denying Polar didn't get the popsicle off your mouth and slapped you... well, is being in denial, so no, I don’t think I'm wrong in this one, Tev. It's all about perspective I guess.

Edited by Kapleo

45 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

There certainly was some friendly war banter to seek what we felt was justice for hitting Kort and what we felt was a result of the KNB war, which Johnny will attest was driven by their communications during that particular conflict.

Note that we didn't bandwagon on Cobra, one nation (my own) hit cobra to fulfill trumped-up terms your side drafted and pushed on us for peace. You can call it lousy and that's equally the same sentiment I felt when they were imposed. You and I have warred together on many coalitions, did we ever force anything other than white peace?

Pardon for being bias, but I did agree with the CB for the war on Cobra and NG (and still do). That being said, if we are to persecute anyone and everyone that has an opinion on a particular matter, then the peanut gallery is in trouble.

Friendly banter...sure. Don't #### on my back and tell me it's raining. 

The alliance can be held to account for actions of its leader. This was established in the CLAWS>TIE war. And yeah you did impose things other than white peace you liar. 

You can have free speech but you also get the consequences was another quote from the doomlords I think. But mean phrases and bias are the least of charges levied at you.

Edited by Lucius Optimus

• 2 weeks later...

It's psychologically fascinating to reread this thread after some time has passed.

The original post, understood by no one, was hijacked. Rather than try and decipher it's clandestine meaning, people began opining how much of an idiot everyone else was except them.

This is exactly what happens at online News sites in the comments section.

There, it's deliberate misdirection.

Professional "Think Tank" trolls get paid to change the subject.

Here? It appears ego combined with short attention span.

16 hours ago, Ningal said:

It's psychologically fascinating to reread this thread after some time has passed.

The original post, understood by no one, was hijacked. Rather than try and decipher it's clandestine meaning, people began opining how much of an idiot everyone else was except them.

This is exactly what happens at online News sites in the comments section.

There, it's deliberate misdirection.

Professional "Think Tank" trolls get paid to change the subject.

Here? It appears ego combined with short attention span.

Well if ya leave things open to interpretation by phrasing things in a way that have a 'clandestine' meaning? You shouldn't really be surprised when it's not understood as it was intended to be, or when people hijack words and spin them into meaning something else. This is politics afterall, my advice to you would be to learn how to spin it back or alternatively just speak plainly to avoid it happening in the first place (or don't get involved in politics- that'd be the simplest route)

I don't see anything in the OP that's shrouded in some kind of elaborate mystery though; "Mercy for mouse" - seems like a pretty straight-forward message and the little guy in question is now scampering around at his leisure. So you're a bit late to the party on this one I'm afraid.

Regarding the notion of people opining who is the bigger idiot? As a Pot you should recognise that your post is essentially just shouting about what colour the Kettle is.