Suggestions for round 56

ADude

@admin - Going into the new round I was hopeful that some of the new changes in SE could be moved over here with a few changes.

$35.00    $3,000,000 Money ($5 Extra for the wonder date reset)
600 Infrastructure
300 Land Miles
200 Technology   

Wonder purchased date reset
Resource changed date reset

$20.00    $2,000,000 Money
500 Infrastructure
250 Land Miles
150 Technology    
Resource changed date reset

$10.00    $1,000,000 Money
300 Infrastructure
200 Land Miles
100 Technology    

Daily log in bonus - Obviously modified however works best.

Day 1:  $10,000
Day 2: $20,000
Day 3: $30,000
Day 10: $100,000
Day 25: $150,000
Day 30: $250,000
Day  40: $350,000
Day  50: $400,000
Day 60: $500,000

A couple new changes - 

Remove Sabotage IRS Proficiency. In my and many others experience it does nothing but discourages the losing side as they cannot catch up when they get hit with this. In the relatively small time frame we have in TE it does more harm than good.

Penalty for excessive peace - I don't have any specifics worked out here but I was thinking something along the lines of the SE Peace mode penalties apply to your nation after 14 days of no war. (Offensive or Defensive) ( A good in game example of this was OP sitting for most of the round essentially in peace mode but did not suffer any economic damage from it)

Most Money Spent award - Can we remove this from public view? It's too easy to work out how much a player has on hand at the moment.

Incentivize casualties - Possibly economic bonuses for hitting certain casualty counts, maybe for every 250k we get 2 happiness points up to 1 million casualties?

Update or clarification on terms - Mostly looking for clarification here as I've had a couple questions about multiple players on the same network in TE .

From SE terms and conditions 

By using this service you agree not to cheat in the form of abusing the war system, foreign aid system, trade system with multiple accounts controlled by the same user. You agree not to create more than one player account in this game and understand that by creating or accessing more than one account you will be in violation of these terms and conditions. As of 7/2/2014 multiple accounts on the same computer network are allowed, as long as the accounts are controlled by different players. No interaction (war, trade, foreign aid, etc..) between players on the same network is allowed either directly or through 3rd parties (ie. no sending foreign aid to someone who is not on your network who then sends foreign aid back to someone who is on your network). Moderation will still investigate multi account abuse and will continue to reserve the right to remove rule violators from the game. Account sitting is only allowed for a limit of 70 days (10 weeks) when reported in the nation sitting thread in the Moderation section of the Cyber Nations forums.

From TE terms and conditions 

4. By using this service you agree not to cheat in the form of abusing the war system or trade system with multiple accounts controlled by the same user. You agree not to create more than one player account in this game and understand that by creating or accessing more than one account you will be in violation of these terms and conditions. You understand that multiple user accounts from the same computer network are not allowed, even if the accounts are managed by different individuals. Account sitting is only allowed for a limit of 70 days (10 weeks) when reported in the nation sitting thread in the Moderation section of the Cyber Nations forums.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:30 AM, Highroad said:

Remove Sabotage IRS Proficiency. In my and many others experience it does nothing but discourages the losing side as they cannot catch up when they get hit with this. In the relatively small time frame we have in TE it does more harm than good.

I am OK with or in favour of these suggestions, but I think it's better to make IRS more expensive rather than removed... 

Current formula: = $10,000 + (20 x enemy nation strength x enemy number of days inactive) 

Suggested formula = = $3,000,000 + ($300,000 x enemy number of days inactive) 

This basically means IRS cost will vary between $3,000,000 and $9,000,000, so it's not a decision that can be taken lightly against anyone. The current formula is arguably too easy to use to keep a nation down (as Highroad says), and it's discouraging to players.

The fact that it's such a serious weapon means it creates genuine tension (arguably a good thing). But I think we've all seen the tension get too high.

Raising the price keeps the possibility of its use (which is an interesting dynamic), without allowing it to be a way of keeping the enemy down. 

Oh, and I like the higher costs for more days inactive, since the damage caused is greater with more days inactive, and since it creates interesting decision: to collect and break IRS (risking another IRS), or not?

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, RoadRash said:

i would love update 4 hours earlier … lets give us americans a chance to have successful update attacks without losing our jobs …. :D

I didn’t want to be so bold, but yea, that would be great.

• 1 month later...