Two Betrayals DoW

AL Bundy

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Rebel Virginia said:

I was thinking of making a remark about the quality of NPO's commenters has declined over the years, but the truth is none of you have ever been very good. Just one barely literate wobble after another singing of their prowess at war whenever they outnumber their foe by at least six to one. Would it really kill you to come up with a new schtick?

Now hold on, I am both a Wobbly and literate. Thank you very much.

Edited by Groucho Marx

On 1/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, Caustic said:

Go back to javahouse, WC. Irrelevant micros were much more your style than tryharding on the big boys stage.

Your advice, although appreciated, is seven years too late.  I agree in terms of my style.  Probably why I'm enjoying retirement now.

4 hours ago, kerschbs said:

We’re all a little confused. If it’s the annual curb stump they should have the fortitude to just say so instead of hiding behind some false pretense of a legitimate CB. 

I suspect somebody was reading some Planer Bob history and hey way back we used to just claim people broke treaty terms and we could attack them to when were bored. Lets do that again.  

11 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

I suspect somebody was reading some Planer Bob history and hey way back we used to just claim people broke treaty terms and we could attack them to when were bored. Lets do that again.  

NPO were making up hot collared,  irrational, ill conceived CBs 10 years ago, its no surprise that things havent changed. Why break the habit of a lifetime? 

Just say you're bored and you wanted some drama! 

6 hours ago, kerschbs said:

We’re all a little confused. If it’s the annual curb stump they should have the fortitude to just say so instead of hiding behind some false pretense of a legitimate CB. 

That assumes they have any fortitude aside from mere numbers 

53 minutes ago, Talbrys said:

5 days later and still no actual evidence or even unsubstantiated examples presented by the complainant.

I doubt you will ever see the evidence.  The narrative doesn't require evidence, it never has and never will.  You can either win the war or you can not.  If you can't you ask for evidence, if you can who cares? 

The bigger question is will anyone else care either?  COBRA is unloved and has done nothing to inspire loyalty or friendship from anyone who matters.  NG still have some friends, but will their friends risk everything to charge the gates of hell on their behalf?

But there for the grace of God go I?

2 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I doubt you will ever see the evidence.  The narrative doesn't require evidence, it never has and never will.  You can either win the war or you can not.  If you can't you ask for evidence, if you can who cares? 

Nobody cares.  Let's be honest grub, at this point I can hear a pin drop.  The Claws and Pacifica led coalition are stomping out the last embers of life and then everything will finally meet the heat death of bob as we all bask in the glow of allarchon.

But NG and Cobra will exit the end of this battle with our heads held high.  If we are allowed to exist on bob after this war ends..  heaven only knows  But my guess would be No.  So we exit bob with our heads held high instead.  We died as we lived, standing shoulder to shoulder with our brothers and sisters in Arms.

Friends > Infra

The bigger question is will anyone else care either?  COBRA is unloved and has done nothing to inspire loyalty or friendship from anyone who matters.  NG still have some friends, but will their friends risk everything to charge the gates of hell on their behalf?

Who is there left to care?  All the "active" alliances on bob outside of NG and Cobra and their direct allies are in RFI or Oculus so they get away with the final moral decline of this planet without any consequence.

Honestly, it is for our friends to decide whether they wish to stand together at the last, and rage, rage at the dying of the light.

Edited by Stewie

2 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I doubt you will ever see the evidence.  The narrative doesn't require evidence, it never has and never will.  You can either win the war or you can not.  If you CAN, you ask for evidence; if you CANNOT, who cares? 

Believe I fixed that for you.  A quicker way would have been "Might Makes Right,"  but that's just me paraphrasing a guy who everyone insists I vote for.

28 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Nobody cares.  Let's be honest grub, at this point I can hear a pin drop.  The Claws and Pacifica led coalition are stomping out the last embers of life and then everything will finally meet the heat death of bob as we all bask in the glow of allarchon.

But NG and Cobra will exit the end of this battle with our heads held high.  If we are allowed to exist on bob after this war ends..  heaven only knows  But my guess would be No.  So we exit bob with our heads held high instead.  We died as we lived, standing shoulder to shoulder with our brothers and sisters in Arms.

Friends > Infra

Who is there left to care?  All the "active" alliances on bob outside of NG and Cobra and their direct allies are in RFI or Oculus so they get away with the final moral decline of this planet without any consequence.

Honestly, it is for our friends to decide whether they wish to stand together at the last, and rage, rage at the dying of the light.

Perhaps a bit melodramatic, but a beautiful post nonetheless.

Can anyone truly be outed from bob though?

3 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

This is the type of hypocrisy that we've all come to know and hate from NPO. 

NPO were the first to say "WE NEED TO SEE EVIDENCE!" But refuse to give it when the time comes.

How pathetic.  

If I had a choice of being friends with NPO or a murderer, I'd choose the murderer because at least you'd know what they are. With NPO, you never know what's going to happen. One day fine, the next day you're being attacked for no reason and wondering what on earth is going on. 

27 minutes ago, Lollerobot said:

How so?

CLAWS and NPO are after blood.  NG has literally done nothing in months as we've become a retirement village.  Cobra have been fighting off CLAWS plotting against them and their allies for nigh on a year.

Apparently having Charismatic leaders who don't sit down and do what they're told, whilst inspiring growth in membership is a bad thing these days.

27 minutes ago, Lollerobot said:

They can.  NPO have done it in the past.  Leopards really can't change their spots.

11 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

To be fair it was a bit more lively back then.

4 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

The strange part is that even if they just made up evidence, it would still be more effort put into their FA than they have done in about a decade. If the world is dead then so be it, it's so odd to me that there are people who don't simply want to quit the planet, but actively destroy it instead.

There is plenty of other options for a conflict which would make for not only actual global changes, but also a more compelling political environment and actually bring entropy back into the picture instead of the slow heat death that has been occuring. Instead we have been stuck on the same broken record for the better part of a decade, at least there is casualties.

2 hours ago, Lollerobot said:

You should have seen this place pre-karma. They went out of their way to eradicate people's repeated existence.

40 minutes ago, LJ Scott said:

👏 bring

👏 back

👏 pzi

Hello LJ.

Edited by defiled

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

[...] We died as we lived, standing shoulder to shoulder with our brothers and sisters in Arms. [...]

You don't look that much dead, yet. My prediction is that this conflict won't kill you either.

[OOC]

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

[...] Apparently having Charismatic leaders who don't sit down and do what they're told, whilst inspiring growth in membership is a bad thing these days. [...]

No, you're just the only object around which can offer any challenge to their members and they're taking that opportunity to try keep them a minimum entertained.

Tech, Land and any other stuff are just empty numbers without people manning them, the real asset anyone has (and ever had) in CN is the people, the members. Pacifica of all alliances understood this circa 2006 and has gone to great length to both nurture their community and to keep it separate from the rest of the planet - think of it as a cult (which it isn't, but the metaphor can do) which isolates its members from the outside simply to keep them.

Going meta, all of this might suggest that a good way of opposing them is to work to undermine that dynamic... although there must be reasons for nobody having successfully done it in 14 years.

At any rate, the interest of most of your opponents (minus Pacifica, which is culturally self-reliant and self-sufficient) is to keep you around as a sparring partner, they won't really try to remove you from the planet.

[/OOC]

Edited by jerdge
'i' and 'u' too near for my fat fingers