15 Years

Tevron

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/12/2021 at 6:03 PM, Tevron said:

4_bannerhhb.png.421fca8ec416c4582ead3b74

While most of the world spends their time reminiscing over our nostalgic and better pasts, the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization does the exact same thing, but better. In the last year, a lot (and not a lot) has happened with regard to GATO, especially since today is our big day, our 15th birthday! We can (almost) drive!

What has happened in the last year? Well, during the Snake Eyes War, we had 61 members. Today we also have 65 members -- at least when I wrote this. GATO has remained relatively stable while a lot of the world has floundered around and lost their members to the attrition of the heat death of Planet Bob. In an effort to continue our sustained poaching growth and as the current Assembly Chairperson, I have the honor of bestowing (honorary) memberships to foreigners that tower over the desolate wastes of our world:

First and foremost, I would like to honor happy5214 of The Legion. The Legion themselves have always been a strong and consistent ally to GATO, both in earlier parts of our history and again more recently. The Legion absolutely crushed it on the battlefield of The Snake Eyes War, and have maintained a strong economic and political presence in RFI. Recently, GATO lost the majority of our guides to a combination of poor management decisions in 2018 and the gradual degradation of our forums due to updates. We’ve been working hard to relearn a lot of aspects of the economics of the world (and even learn new ways). In our efforts, we’ve been assisted by the Lord of Hugs, but happy5214 takes the cake as the most frequent asset in our work on this project. His contributions have included even sharing his nation’s private data to be harvested by the abacus wielders of GATO. This contribution, along with his sharing of technology that he developed for The Legion, have gone well past the point of expectation that could be placed on that of an ally. As such, his personal commitment to the Global Alliance deserves recognition, and I am proud to present him the title of Honorary GATO Member, to join the ranks of those outside the alliance that we choose to highlight above all others.

The second award of honorary membership is pledged to be given to Lowsten, or James Spanier as he prefers to be called. James has been a huge help with manners of counsel that step outside of the purview of an ally. On a personal level, he and I have tag teamed, argued with, embarrassed and personally attacked each other on a host of problems that have arisen over the short years of Skyrim: Cybernations Edition. When asked for nominations from my own government with regard to who should earn honorary membership, Mr. Spanier stacked up several nominations. When pressed for justifications, no one could find the words. James is an intangible, an invisible hand on the scale that presses GATO toward being the best alliance that it can be – and he’s subtle about it. Even lacking specifics to pontificate on, it is easy enough for me to judge that Lowsten has rightfully earned GATO honorary membership. We thank him for his contributions to our alliance, a watchful eye that shepherds over my own alliance mates as if they were his. For that, may we not only call him an ally of GATO, but a friend as well.

The Global Alliance and Treaty Organization has seen its fair share of failures and triumphs over the years, but it has managed to persist and remain a constant presence in the international community. Many rulers across Planet Bob once found their home in GATO, and this post is also for you. Thank you for contributing to the legacy of the alliance I hold so dear to my heart. Whether you were on our side or not over the years, it is truly a historic moment for us all as the oldest alliance celebrates its fifteenth year.

Please join us for celebratory drinks here: https://discord.gg/CMsUDQc

"Damn, y'all almost adults." Rumbling laugh. "I tease, been fun spreading fall-out all over the world with you guys. Of all the earths, I think this one is the most hellish I've run into."

Is it a coincidence that you share a color with the humble cockroach?  I think not.

Congratulations GATO on 15 years, they say that all that is required for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.  You did nothing very well, thanks.

You promised so much 15 years ago, for a short time you and your beloved allies in Legion held the balance of power.  Being afraid to risk it, you cost Bob its soul.

Here is to another 15 years of indecision and belligerent belief, despite all evidence to the contrary, in whatever it is you do.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, AlmightyGrub said:

Is it a coincidence that you share a color with the humble cockroach?  I think not.

Congratulations GATO on 15 years, they say that all that is required for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing.  You did nothing very well, thanks.

You promised so much 15 years ago, for a short time you and your beloved allies in Legion held the balance of power.  Being afraid to risk it, you cost Bob its soul.

Here is to another 15 years of indecision and belligerent belief, despite all evidence to the contrary, in whatever it is you do.

Cheers.

Bold words from a man in an alliance inside Oculus, the current powerful alliance bloc.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, DragonsPhyre said:

Bold words from a man in an alliance inside Oculus, the current powerful alliance bloc.

Bold words indeed,  especially seeing you have done essentially nothing ever and I am essentially immortal.  You aren't even fit to be !@#$ on my shoe let alone try to take a shot at me.  When you get the courage to actually be the cause and effect, come back and have another try at putting me in my box.  If you think I need Oculus to embolden me and to power my arrogance, you are obviously not paying attention.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:34 PM, AlmightyGrub said:

Bold words indeed,  especially seeing you have done essentially nothing ever and I am essentially immortal.  You aren't even fit to be !@#$ on my shoe let alone try to take a shot at me.  When you get the courage to actually be the cause and effect, come back and have another try at putting me in my box.  If you think I need Oculus to embolden me and to power my arrogance, you are obviously not paying attention.

I said I was sorry 12 years ago Grub...damn bro...as I recall NAAC was one of those allies that cost Bob its soul....maybe I'm getting old too... Then if it weren't for GATO...who would you have had to hold your petty grudge against all these years? Let it go brother....now you're just acting like I used to.

22 hours ago, magicninja said:

I said I was sorry 12 years ago Grub...damn bro...as I recall NAAC was one of those allies that cost Bob its soul....maybe I'm getting old too... Then if it weren't for GATO...who would you have had to hold your petty grudge against all these years? Let it go brother....now you're just acting like I used to.

There is nothing to be sorry for comrade, what is done is done.  I just make casual observations from time to time.  The NAAC didn't hold the balance of power and refuse to engage because they were too scared to.  The best thing they ever did was disband and move on to better opportunities.  I know I never looked back and have zero regrets about our role in GW2 and 3.

On 1/21/2021 at 1:49 PM, AlmightyGrub said:

Oh, the irony that drips here. You who so quickly sold the soul of Polaris to feel the quick thrill of power again. I cannot make you choke on your own blood, old man, but at least I can now find others, in other realms, to take your place.

Edited by The Zigur

On 2/1/2021 at 9:34 PM, AlmightyGrub said:

Me? Personally? I'm just a nobody, sure, generally more focused on internal affairs stuff these past few years. Being AC during the war with 1V was enough to burn me out of inter-alliance politics so I stopped giving a !@#$ about "balance of power" and the oh-so-intricate plots of what amounts to a bunch of children imagining they're political geniuses because they can use their fists better than their words. Back before GW2, it was a lot more fun, a lot more political. I remember those times pretty fondly even if these public boards were a lot less civil.

GATO has gone through quite a bit in these past fifteen years. We've lost and regained power, influence, strength, and even our sovereignty for a time. Our chosen task was never about ensuring a balance of power between the alliances on Planet Bob. It was to create a place where the principles of democracy, honor, and justice were held high, front and center, and we have done that through all the trials and tribulations that we have gone through. In the past, Pacifica sought to destroy us and to grind us beneath their heels into the dust as they built a world that served their philosophy of pure strength and power. They failed. Others have tried to humble us, change us, or isolate us to the mere periphery of planetary politics. Their success is always temporary. GATO remains. Our circumstances shift. Our friends come and go, some becoming enemies and some enemies becoming friends. Though the world may turn to irradiated ash and corpses pile high, GATO remains unchanged - bent maybe, bowed temporarily, but unbroken all the same. The General Assembly has always held the reigns of power, ultimately, and our commitment to honor, justice, and democracy is still the same as it was on the day of our founding. That, more than anything else, is why I am proud to be a part of the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization. That is why my loyalty is to this alliance and no other. Balance of power? !@#$%^&*. So long as everyone else prefers to save their skin over anything else, there will be no balance of power possible.

Can you say that about yourself, Grub, and Polaris? I suppose you can, at that. Polaris started as Pacifica's blue colony and look, you're still attached at the hips to Pacifican power and influence rather than standing on your own. Maybe come back to me about being "essentially immortal" and holding the "balance of power" when your legacy is anything more than as a man who reached for the stars and failed to realize he dug his own grave instead.

26 minutes ago, DragonsPhyre said:

Can you say that about yourself, Grub, and Polaris? I suppose you can, at that. Polaris started as Pacifica's blue colony and look, you're still attached at the hips to Pacifican power and influence rather than standing on your own. Maybe come back to me about being "essentially immortal" and holding the "balance of power" when your legacy is anything more than as a man who reached for the stars and failed to realize he dug his own grave instead.

The entirety of your current power base is derived entirely from Oculus (aka NPO) support. Pot/Kettle etc. Your joke of a bloc would be absolutely impotent from apathy and inactivity were it not for Oculus.

On 2/6/2021 at 1:50 PM, Caustic said:

The entirety of your current power base is derived entirely from Oculus (aka NPO) support. Pot/Kettle etc. Your joke of a bloc would be absolutely impotent from apathy and inactivity were it not for Oculus.

Oh my, this coming from Non Grata? Kettle, meet teapot.

I do owe GATO.  GATO's disastrous performance in Great War Two from at first accidently declaring war on the entire Imitative to its GPA like war fighting skills as I fought beside them in the League was an eye opener.  That incompetence lead me to a new path an Unjust Path.  Other than that i have no idea what GATO has been doing since.  So here is to 15 years of doing whatever it is you do.  Maybe you have spent the entire time voting on things idk. 

GATO is one of the few alliances that I've had zero interaction with. Seriously. Nothing. I can't think of a single conversation, war plan, back channel, argument, philosophical debate, embassy, meme war, friendship, rivalry, social interaction or political interaction.

On one hand, it means that I don't have an opinion on you guys either way. On the other I feel like, in all my years of being actively involved in the world, we would have interacted on accident at SOME point.

Happy birthday?

On 1/31/2021 at 10:05 PM, DragonsPhyre said:

Your bloc that's crumbling was a threat to Oculus, but you instead choose to suck at the teet.

Edited by Thrash

On 2/11/2021 at 3:21 PM, Thrash said:

Your bloc that's crumbling was a threat to Oculus, but you instead choose to suck at the teet.

One alliance leaving hardly counts as a crumbling bloc. Oculus expelled y'all years ago and is still doing fine. I suspect that RFI is in a better place than it has been at other points in its history.

And for all your bluster, you guys reentry into politics was the worst played move for shaking up the political landscape. Sorry your attempt to get back on the teet failed, but it's not like you weren't playing it.

Edited by Conflux

On 2/13/2021 at 5:08 AM, Conflux said:

One alliance leaving hardly counts as a crumbling bloc. Oculus expelled y'all years ago and is still doing fine. I suspect that RFI is in a better place than it has been at other points in its history.

And for all your bluster, you guys reentry into politics was the worst played move for shaking up the political landscape. Sorry your attempt to get back on the teet failed, but it's not like you weren't playing it.

Expelled? We left to hit IRON and have fun doing things the way we wanted to again.