Round 55: A brief recap is in order...

23 hours ago, Highroad said:

In other news - @Lord Hitchcock has been ZI'd - Time to pack it up boys..

Mission-Accomplished.jpg

I don't recall AW getting rogued early in the round. All the rogues have only targeted D1 and SotR this round but have left AW alone. 🤔

1 minute ago, HiredGun said:

And no alliance has been rolled more than AW so I'd wager you all dislike us the most. :)

I have no idea about that, this is my second round having any interaction with you guys, considering that you have AA's named after their distain for you specifically and your previous members were part of those rogues... I would be more inclined to disagree with your statement.

1 minute ago, Highroad said:

I have no idea about that, this is my second round having any interaction with you guys, considering that you have AA's named after their distain for you specifically and your previous members were part of those rogues... I would be more inclined to disagree with your statement.

You mean a single ex-member and I still don't know what his problem was, he claimed it was Sot but he kept declaring wars after Sot left D1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Roadrash and I go way back so it's complicated and appears he still holds a grudge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Some of them are overly emotional and it's not a good trait to have in this game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, Highroad said:

I put it down to trauma ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit because I need to give an actual response

It sounds like you just listed a couple reasons why people would rogue you? You don't think that there might be a few more players around that feel the same? Also to be fair SToR was hit with ONE nation early in the round.

Edited by Highroad

1 hour ago, Highroad said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit because I need to give an actual response

It sounds like you just listed a couple reasons why people would rogue you? You don't think that there might be a few more players around that feel the same? Also to be fair SToR was hit with ONE nation early in the round.

We are hated for being good at the game. :)

Lol grudges aside, which btw I hold none... I'm not that invested in this game to hold grudges.  Like you say, I'm just here to play for the small group I've played with for so many years. I'd love how you didn't actually address any of my actual comments/points/facts and instead re-directed again HAHAH. 

You’ll need to state which round we attacked you on day 7 because it sounds like you are either confused or lying, which is it? The only time we’ve attacked on day 7 was round 50 but it had nothing to do with AW (you would later third party us after being at war with +20 nuclear rogues for a few weeks), we pre-emptively struck all unaffiliated nations building military wonders and those who tool part in roguing us the round before.

We’re not doing anymore truce time frames, this is another new rule AW are trying to bring into the game and while you are welcome to ask, D1 will be declining. Everyone use to give those fresh out of war the courtesy of at least 5 days to build and collect, we like tradition. 

We already had plans to hit you and didn’t attack you because of SotR although we hit a day early after they approached us directly to intervene on their behalf. AW have committed atrocities all round so I proudly accepted. If you hadn’t abused SotR the way you have then they wouldn’t have a problem and neither would we. 

You’ve been the biggest D1/HG hater for years now, why would you care what I say. :) My philosophy has always been you’ll only be treated the same way you treat us so blame yourself for those grudges you hold so dearly. 

I didn't say you attacked us on Day 7.  What I said was that our attack on day 7 is not unprecedented, because conceptually and what you were implying is that a day 7 hit is too early and one that doesn't allow for people to build up and get a fair collection before going to war.   Which is exactly what you did by declaring before building and then building and hitting with IRS and other dirty ops when we hadn't built at all.   This may have been on day 10+, I don't remember.  But it was the meta at the time, and it was an extremely dirty move lol. 

In terms of truce time frames... "a new rule AW is trying to bring into the game"  how and why?   You're the ones that violated truce?   You're the ones complaining that we're hitting too hard and commiting "atrocities".  If you're not willing to accept truce how and why is that our fault?  Am I missing something here? 

In terms of SToR... again  they hit us.  They continued to spy out of war, which is what led us to attack them. Idk what else to say about that.  They asked you to intervene, because they're D2 and you accepted because you're D1.  In doing so you violated our peace terms.   Not sure how any of that is on us again. 

"Biggest D1, HG hater for years..."  Um for the longest time I had nothing but respect for D1.  I loved having you guys as an enemy because you were always a tough opponent.  I still enjoy it haha.  Again all I don't like is the false accusations, shifting of blame, and other things that don't hold water haha.  I think you're confusing me with someone else mate. In terms of you personally, well... yeah you lost all credibility with me as you continued to implement dirtier and dirtier tactics. Violating established gentlements agreements, and then blaming us for why you resorted to those tactics.  The hypocrisy you bring when those same tactics are used against you... 

:shrug: 

Again, I'd be interested in your specific counter points/arguments to indicate why you're right and I am wrong. SO far you've failed to even address my points, which I can only assume means you don't have a good counter argument lol. So I ask again, do you reject/decline/disagree with any of the "facts" I presented in my earlier post?  Are you contesting anything?  Or are you just going to post another rant that's unrelated. 

Edited by Admiral Alexander

On 12/17/2020 at 3:02 AM, HiredGun said:

You mean a single ex-member and I still don't know what his problem was, he claimed it was Sot but he kept declaring wars after Sot left D1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Roadrash and I go way back so it's complicated and appears he still holds a grudge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Some of them are overly emotional and it's not a good trait to have in this game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:D :D definitly no grudge :D :D

but i will say this all past discrepancies have to change it will be the only way this game becomes fun again ……..

On 12/18/2020 at 1:35 AM, Admiral Alexander said:

Lol grudges aside, which btw I hold none... I'm not that invested in this game to hold grudges.  Like you say, I'm just here to play for the small group I've played with for so many years. I'd love how you didn't actually address any of my actual comments/points/facts and instead re-directed again HAHAH. 

I didn't say you attacked us on Day 7.  What I said was that our attack on day 7 is not unprecedented, because conceptually and what you were implying is that a day 7 hit is too early and one that doesn't allow for people to build up and get a fair collection before going to war.   Which is exactly what you did by declaring before building and then building and hitting with IRS and other dirty ops when we hadn't built at all.   This may have been on day 10+, I don't remember.  But it was the meta at the time, and it was an extremely dirty move lol. 

In terms of truce time frames... "a new rule AW is trying to bring into the game"  how and why?   You're the ones that violated truce?   You're the ones complaining that we're hitting too hard and commiting "atrocities".  If you're not willing to accept truce how and why is that our fault?  Am I missing something here? 

In terms of SToR... again  they hit us.  They continued to spy out of war, which is what led us to attack them. Idk what else to say about that.  They asked you to intervene, because they're D2 and you accepted because you're D1.  In doing so you violated our peace terms.   Not sure how any of that is on us again. 

"Biggest D1, HG hater for years..."  Um for the longest time I had nothing but respect for D1.  I loved having you guys as an enemy because you were always a tough opponent.  I still enjoy it haha.  Again all I don't like is the false accusations, shifting of blame, and other things that don't hold water haha.  I think you're confusing me with someone else mate. In terms of you personally, well... yeah you lost all credibility with me as you continued to implement dirtier and dirtier tactics. Violating established gentlements agreements, and then blaming us for why you resorted to those tactics.  The hypocrisy you bring when those same tactics are used against you... 

Again, I'd be interested in your specific counter points/arguments to indicate why you're right and I am wrong. SO far you've failed to even address my points, which I can only assume means you don't have a good counter argument lol. So I ask again, do you reject/decline/disagree with any of the "facts" I presented in my earlier post?  Are you contesting anything?  Or are you just going to post another rant that's unrelated. 

You claim not to hold any grudges but in recent memory you used the words in your nation slogan "Death to HG" for the entire round, you used similar words in your dows and you went out of your way to declare on my nation at every opportunity you could so stop lying to yourself. Historically we only agreed on peace and now AW wants to know how long it will last but I've been lead D1 negotiator for many years and this is new.

"This may have been on day 10+, I don't remember."

I did say you were confused and I will need to see evidence that we declared on your nations before building. You sound confused again and RE use to be D2 so are SotR the new D2? Are you aware that we fought SotR several times last round while you didn't?

Which points did I not address?

3 hours ago, RoadRash said:

:D :D definitly no grudge :D :D

but i will say this all past discrepancies have to change it will be the only way this game becomes fun again ……..

We gave AW the benefit of the doubt and we were hoping to come into this round without any grudges but AW bought theirs like they did last round except this time you've taken all rules off the table. On the surface it appears long time AW vets have allowed people who probably only care about winning (worthless awards?) to initiate this grudge war with D1 and this will only push more members from the game, one prominent member has already left but AW will get their grudge war if this is what they want, we play the game for this anyway.

On 12/18/2020 at 1:35 AM, Admiral Alexander said:

If AW leadership want to go through this again then so be it, we will respond in kind otherwise D1 is more interested in keeping grudges out, competitors on friendly terms for the sake of current and potential new players. We are open for discussion if AW and all other alliances want to advance these talks or we can keep doing what we've always done which is partly why many have left the game already.

i suggested in irc last time was on end all past nonsense and lets do pick teams … choose or appoint 5-10 leaders ( we all know pretty much who’s who on planet steve and do a lottery for next round …. depending on the members will determine team numbers and size ( six would be best )

there really isn’t to many ways to cheat and no reason to spy if things are planned ( i for one never played for a award so i don’t think that would be a reason)

have planned wars like playoffs and come end of round if it becomes uneven start changing odds …. 

start 1vs1 

then maybe 2vs1 

figure it out as we move along 

maybe start some real rules and when said rules arnt followed all off steve fixes it … 

its the only way i see this nonsense finally ends 

just imagine HG me and you playing together in the sand box

RR

2 hours ago, RoadRash said:

i suggested in irc last time was on end all past nonsense and lets do pick teams … choose or appoint 5-10 leaders ( we all know pretty much who’s who on planet steve and do a lottery for next round …. depending on the members will determine team numbers and size ( six would be best )

there really isn’t to many ways to cheat and no reason to spy if things are planned ( i for one never played for a award so i don’t think that would be a reason)

have planned wars like playoffs and come end of round if it becomes uneven start changing odds …. 

start 1vs1 

then maybe 2vs1 

figure it out as we move along 

maybe start some real rules and when said rules arnt followed all off steve fixes it … 

its the only way i see this nonsense finally ends 

just imagine HG me and you playing together in the sand box

RR

The main issue is this isn't popular with our members and it might only work for the few who do want to participate and hop alliances even if its only temporary like an exchange system.

5 hours ago, HiredGun said:

The main issue is this isn't popular with our members and it might only work for the few who do want to participate and hop alliances even if its only temporary like an exchange system.

it was either Jiros or bunnet that showed some interest …. idk its an idea and i would offer planet bob prizes to winners if that is what are holding people back …i have more in game cash then i know what to do with …

25 minutes ago, RoadRash said:

it was either Jiros or bunnet that showed some interest …. idk its an idea and i would offer planet bob prizes to winners if that is what are holding people back …i have more in game cash then i know what to do with …

It was Jiros - I would be interested in a draft system tbh, might be fun for a round. Maybe me and Mitten can play in the same AA.

Edited by Highroad

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, tehol said:

Round 55 has been ... eventful so far.

AW started the round, howling from the gates: 

In that thread, D1 admits to starting the dirty op dumpster fire (specifically, Bato conducts dirty ops, AW asks D1 to stop or we will be forced to retaliate, and HG refuses).

Meanwhile, SToR offers to help attack D1 with AW on a specific day in the future. But, curiously, is "held up" by a single rogue. With some diplomatic prowess demonstrated by yours truly, the "rogue" (in reality a cultist who was merely tasting some waste) offers peace to SToR. Nonetheless... SToR delays, thus prompting AW's DNS attack: 

AW agreed to peace with D1. HG asked for a period of peace:

unknown.png

and AW said "fair enough", and offered a suggested deal:

unknown.png?width=820&height=396

Which was agreed to:

unknown.png

And then violated:

unknown.png?width=640&height=567

Not only was the peace violated, it was violated while AW was at war with SToR and OP. Despite AW's inclusion of NLON in its DNS Attack, we truly have a soft spot for the historic alliance. So it was with some consternation when we saw SToR not only continue to ignore D1, and not only ignore OP, but also to hit NLON, who was still recovering from the DNS attack. This prompted our second attack on SToR. At this point, our suspicions that SToR is really "D2" are becoming more and more clear:

Regardless, we peaced out with D2 eventually:

unknown.png

unknown.png

And shortly thereafter, we agreed to peace with D1: 

Screenshot_20201125-074012.png

And yet, spy ops, dirty spy ops from D2 continued, despite agreement to peace from D2's leaders. And AW responded:

Of course, we never actually wanted to fight D2 this round. Our focus has been on D1 (and it remains so). But D2 would not agree to peace, and it slowly became unambiguous that there *is no SToR*, there is only D1, and D2:

D1D2.jpg

Especially once D2 removed the facade:

unknown.png

Of course, we were blind to reality, and tried to reach peace on reasonable grounds anyway:

unknown.png

Of course, instead, D1 simply hit us, as requested by D2 I would presume.

And then when we asked for peace, with a truce period as previously requested by D1, peace was rejected:

unknown.png

Although D1 was not willing to agree to peace, D2 was:

unknown.png

unknown.png

And yet, as hostilities with D1 continued, D2 has decided to again join the fray:

D2.png

And here we stand.

THIS IS GREAT! 

RhSm.gif