DBDC Announcement

On 11/18/2020 at 1:23 PM, Kapleo said:

Yeah, nah I disagree but I respect your view. To me, a fight is a fight. Ofc if a raid goes wrong you try to fix it through diplomacy [just had to deal with that myself] but if diplomacy fails? Well you start blasting and go down swinging.

Whatever, I was just saying that attacking someone without provocation and hoping to get away with it, and then getting smashed, instead, while maybe funny etc has little to do with honour.

Honour isn't incompatible with getting smashed but not any and every reason one gets smashed for qualifies for it. Raiding, i.e. choosing a target for plunder and with the idea of a short and profitable war at the expenses of a weaker and less prepared victim, is extremely far from being honourable - if words still have a meaning, at least.

Don't get me wrong: I understand the risk associated with the practice and mine isn't a moralistic stance - to be frank I couldn't care less about what any of you does in their free time - but slapping a moral/honourable label on raiding is too incoherent and illogic - ultimately naively stupid - to let it pass.

Just happily raid and call it for what it is, an opportunistic low-risk gamble that, if gone bad, makes you look silly, not pretty.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what side you're on or the purpose of your raid. I never thought I'd give Nordreich props, but they're standing up to them Doombirds and they're looking good. All about perspective.  Also, everyone should take screenshots of Banned in anarchy. You don't see that often.  

It would be a pity if someone were to spy his tax collection. 

13 hours ago, LJ Scott said:

@Johnny Apocalypse@Kapleo  @General Kanabis

It'd be quicker / more efficient to send the tech direct than via NoR's poor war torn nations.

I've been thinking about it after some Nor guys disclosed some Poorbird Poorcave warchest. I have a TPF member with 5 times his warchest, and our guy NS is like 30k.  How are you all so broke if you don't even do real wars anymore? So confusing.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, Kapleo said:

I've been thinking about it after some Nor guys disclosed some Poorbird Poorcave warchest. I have a TPF member with 5 times his warchest, and our guy NS is like 30k.  How are you all so broke if you don't even do real wars anymore? So confusing.

They buy land and infra for stats