Official Statement from the Emperor

13 hours ago, James Spanier said:

That said, Lucius, I respect your ability to admit to wrongdoing (rather than bend over backwards to justify yourself as the innocent good guy) and to avoid promoting escalation over defending your own mistake. That says some good things about your character and I hope it works out for you.

I'll add another voice to the choir echoing this sentiment. Good on you Lucius for acknowledging the situation and accepting the current consequences. Hopefully this apparent repentance is taken into account and this war doesn't become punitive.

14 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

TIEsmall.png

Since the conclusion of the Korlathican War of 2019 and the tumultuous process The Imperial Entente and her allies underwent in pursuit of that peace, I have been of the opinion that

elements of the Doomsphere (CLAWS and DBDC) have maintained a firm grip on the grudges they bear against my alliance and our friends in the microverse. In the past year alone; there have been numerous instances of raids or rogue activity carried out by actors who once hailed from the Doomsphere against the Entente and our allies. We have been met with either outright dismissal when voicing our concerns on these issues or even belligerence for daring to take issue with it.

But most importantly I was convinced I knew of their Modus Operandi; on account of working with them before.

To me? That includes every aggressive action we have had to deal with -which I believe to originate from the faction I speak of- over the past few months.

A nation called Nuketech2 declared war on the Entente (and only the Entente) in recent months. This nation was engaged by our allies in COBRA to assist defensively. Johnny Apocalypse reached out to the nation in question to learn a bit about them and where they came from. He assured me that he was simply an old guard player from the now defunct Nuclear Proliferation League alliance, having a look around out of nostalgia. As things go with COBRA, he decided to join them upon realising they are ultimately good people and the best way to get to know them is on the battlefield (as I did I guess). Despite this; with the timing of the hit; the countless unidentified spy reports befalling various Entente something did not sit right with me. This further lead me to believe there were indeed covert measures being enacted upon us. This suspicion plays into my reasoning for seeking to build a means to gather intelligence, so that if we were facing some onslaught or pending aggressive action? We would have the intelligence to prepare for such an outcome and protect our own:

Screenshot_20200926-080217_Discord.jpg

In summary: I believe there exists a faction of leaders engaged in a conspiracy to pursue our destruction, a Doomspericy if you will. A  recent example of one of these people would be Banned- the leader responsible for leaking details of my private conversations with TDE, which provided CLAWS the just cause for their actions against the Entente.As a result, it is hard for me to not see a correlation relating to my theory here.

When TDE returned to the game it was during a troubling time and tensions with CLAWS were at a fever pitch. I greeted him as an old friend and comrade.

Screenshot_20200926-090522_Discord.jpg

Eventually we would inevitably talk about The Crimson Army (pan alliance intel/militarism is the background) and resurrecting that in a new form.

Long story short; I put my faith in the wrong person. Ultimately it turns out that TDE has decided to betray me for that sweet sweet Doomjuice- despite his complicity in the very plot I stand accused of. Ironically I actually informed TDE that he should be facilitating a de-escalation between Cobralition and RFI, but obviously that doesn’t fit the narrative of the DoW against us:

Screenshot_20200926-061152_Discord.jpg

I accept full responsibility for entertaining the notion of pursuing a means of gathering intelligence on CLAWS through measures that would be considered espionage. I had my reasons for this but that is no justification for this and I fully acknowledge I should have re-evaluated my actions and taken a more diplomatic approach if I wanted to learn more of CLAWS and their intentions.

The question of why I did not approach CLAWS has been raised and is a valid question which I will answer.

Unfortunately, my mistrust and our extensive history got the better of me and my decision making. A precedent for rolling me even when I had admitted a wrong-doing had been established in the past, I admitted to spying on COBRA and as a result GK declared war on the Entente. This told me that I should keep my cards even closer to my chest going forward. Many of the people around for that instance are still fighting me today, many of them have become my closest allies. (GK had touched on this and I whole-heartedly appreciate his support)

So to sum up; I concede that CLAWS has every right to pursue action against the Entente for my actions and I freely admit it was a mistake to conspire in the way that I did.

When one invents a conspiracy to uproot a conspiracy, who is the true conspirator? Is it really so binary?

It is complicated and quite the rabbit hole to find yourself stuck in.

When such a time arises that they feel peace is appropriate, I would like to let it be known to CLAWS that my door is open. They need only knock.

I have EVERY INTENTION to see the Entente through this fight and any peace will have to be negotiated directly with me. Sovereignty, independence and integrity are key values for us and I will do my utmost to uphold them as I see this fight through to the very end- as long as my brothers and sisters of The Imperial Entente shall have me do so. To each and everyone of you; I thank you, I could not ask for a better band of brothers and sisters at my side.

And to my allies; my sincerest thanks for your kind words here and on Discord.Though I truly appreciate the sentiment and your willingness to back us up. Defending my actions is ultimately unnecessary. You will stay the course, eyes on the prize.

-Lucius Optimus 
 Emperor of the Entente 

Imperial_seal.png

I know that we have had our disagreements in the past. I must say though that I really respect the fact that you can take responsibility for this. It says a lot about you. 

22 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

I'll add another voice to the choir echoing this sentiment. Good on you Lucius for acknowledging the situation and accepting the current consequences. Hopefully this apparent repentance is taken into account and this war doesn't become punitive.

Thanks lil 

I always value our chats and your religious council. 

13 minutes ago, Smitty256 said:

I know that we have had our disagreements in the past. I must say though that I really respect the fact that you can take responsibility for this. It says a lot about you. 

Smitty,

Differences acknowledged lol

Thanks

I trust the histories will be...impartial lol

Effective immediately;

The League of Ultra Nationalist Nations, and The Kossack Entente are considered temporary protectorates of the COBRA domain.

Authenticity among new alliances is such a rarity these days that we do not deem it necessary to drag them into an affair that is beyond their reckoning.

4 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

Effective immediately;

The League of Ultra Nationalist Nations, and The Kossack Entente are considered temporary protectorates of the COBRA domain.

Authenticity among new alliances is such a rarity these days that we do not deem it necessary to drag them into an affair that is beyond their reckoning.

A bit of an odd place to make that declaration but alright.

2 hours ago, James Spanier said:

A bit of an odd place to make that declaration but alright.

As much as I too, am enjoying the sudden revival of OWF participation, I feel that there are simply too many threads already.

Besides- as this thread concerns the acknowledgment of error, and subsequent recognition of hostilities from TIE, it follows that LUNN and TKE would naturally find themselves vulnerable to unwarranted

aggression. 

To be clear.

Under no circumstances do we feel that they are in any way involved in this particular incident.

Ours is a fulfillment of honor in the presence of an ally's compromised protection capabilities.

1 minute ago, General Kanabis said:

As much as I too, am enjoying the sudden revival of OWF participation, I feel that there are simply too many threads already.

Besides- as this thread concerns the acknowledgment of error, and subsequent recognition of hostilities from TIE, it follows that LUNN and TKE would naturally find themselves vulnerable to unwarranted

aggression. 

To be clear.

Under no circumstances do we feel that they are in any way involved in this particular incident.

Ours is a fulfillment of honor in the presence of an ally's compromised protection capabilities.

Oh I didn't realize they were TIE protectorates, I'm with it now. Fair enough.

Having been an OWF propagandist myself in the past I can probably have a little clue about what works and what doesn't (it's not an understatement, really I don't claim to be an expert).

Also, I have no horse in this race but these shows (see below) are good for anyone's heart, they deserve acknowledgement.

With all of that in mind, this thread casts a very good light on Lucius and, by extension, TIE, also thanks to the responses this far. While many are helping openly and in rather apparent good faith, I feel that it also needs to be said that one stands tall above and beyond the others. I'm sure that his cunning way of making Lucius and TIE look good flew far over the heads of most.
Really in hardships one can often find the most precious help where they would have never imagined to find any.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:58 AM, Lucius Optimus said:

Thank you James and @Tevron

We should play more chess sometime. 

Indeed.

I'd also like to say that I condemn any acts of espionage or war against the TIE protectorates. They are not TIE, therefore they are blameless.

I really need to get a condemnation graphic to post.

14 minutes ago, Britishdude said:

"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."

2 Corinthians 7:9 
As it is, I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved into repenting. For you felt a godly grief, so that you suffered no loss through us. 

28 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

2 Corinthians 7:9 
As it is, I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved into repenting. For you felt a godly grief, so that you suffered no loss through us. 

Does Lucius attend the church at Corinth? :huh: