The Day Today - A Murder of Doombirds

30 minutes ago, jerdge said:

If they're going the negotiation route for 1k tech levels, instead, you can be sure it's for the fun side of it. I'm not sure whether this makes them look good or bad, nor if the COBRA sphere would or should feel better or worse by knowing it... But it is like it is.

Negotiation isn't really the correct word. Shake-down; extortion and ransoming and more apt. I'm well aware of the intent behind the demand and it did feel quite good telling Goliath to go suck an egg, instead of rolling over as they are used to people doing. I imagine it was quite unexpected that Dave happened to have a slingshot in his backpocket.

Generally they get away with 'raiding' and sponsoring rogue activity unchallenged because others live in fear of their capacity to destroy years of nation growth in a week. Yet when the "irrelevant" micros beyond their reach (and ours) step up, tell them it's unacceptable and refuse their demands for the long-denounced pursuit of reparations (for a very minor skirmish in comparison to the damage done to NLON- if anyone should be getting reps I can think of a more deserving party....)

As the nation numbers dwindle and they shrink their list of targets as they carry out more raids? All they can do is lash out at what ever target is available as a bold display of their paradoxical impotence, which grows with every batch of 100 tech they acquire (maybe I should give them 1,000 tech and speed up the process of propelling them well into the stratosphere so the rest of us can go about ruling the planet and playing the political game?). In our case; we lack the firepower to directly challenge them on the field of battle, so we too are unable to do anything about it directly. As such I lash them verbally instead as a substitution for direct war because of our own statistical impotence. 

It is certainly a refreshing alternate kind of warfare and a delightfully ironic scenario when you think about it.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

I didn't closely follow these events because, really...

All I want to say is that GPA in general and jerdge specifically: after years over years over years of picking no conflicts, everyone should know that it's not like they're going to really ever use all the tech they already have. Few would have that endurance, and those few are not the GPA.

Fixed it for you.  I won't go so far as to blindly accuse you of farming multis for tech with no actual evidence to the fact.  And if you had evidence, I have no doubt that you would report that to the proper authorities with a smile.

51 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Negotiation isn't really the correct word. Shake-down; extortion and ransoming and more apt. I'm well aware of the intent behind the demand and it did feel quite good telling Goliath to go suck an egg, instead of rolling over as they are used to people doing. I imagine it was quite unexpected that Dave happened to have a slingshot in his backpocket.

Generally they get away with 'raiding' and sponsoring rogue activity unchallenged because others live in fear of their capacity to destroy years of nation growth in a week. Yet when the "irrelevant" micros beyond their reach (and ours) step up, tell them it's unacceptable and refuse their demands for the long-denounced pursuit of reparations (for a very minor skirmish in comparison to the damage done to NLON- if anyone should be getting reps I can think of a more deserving party....)

As the nation numbers dwindle and they shrink their list of targets as they carry out more raids? All they can do is lash out at what ever target is available as a bold display of their paradoxical impotence, which grows with every batch of 100 tech they acquire (maybe I should give them 1,000 tech and speed up the process of propelling them well into the stratosphere so the rest of us can go about ruling the planet and playing the political game?). In our case; we lack the firepower to directly challenge them on the field of battle, so we too are unable to do anything about it directly. As such I lash them verbally instead as a substitution for direct war because of our own statistical impotence. 

It is certainly a refreshing alternate kind of warfare and a delightfully ironic scenario when you think about it.

Typically when an alliance hits another, it’s appropriate for the victim (in this case, DBDC) to ask for reps.

Banned hitting NLoN and NLoN asking for help, Banned was nice enough to include such peace in the above scenario. He didn’t have to, could’ve just blown the dude out right away , but he’s reasonable.

TL:DR Had Cobra not have hit DBDC, reps wouldn’t have been sought.

Btw, you’re grandstanding in thread that you crafted as an anti DBDC, doesn’t surprise me they give you a short shake.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I gotta say, I love how in your world, DBDC somehow doesn't have a right to defend themselves.  One of their members has an economic arrangement with a friend and that friend happens to war your alliance, and that serves as an excuse to attack DBDC's applicants.  The member left the DBDC AA before anyone even noticed the declaration, and DBDC told you guys that said member's actions were not reflective of DBDC as a whole.  Somebody wanted to make it right and Steeldor says "Sure, let's look at the damage, convert it to nation strength, and then convert it to the easiest method to recover, and we will be solid.  No further action needed" and now that's extortion.  But somehow it's also foul play when DBDC actually hits a nation in response, and much as you hit an applicant of their alliance because you couldn't hit an actual member, they also went for the only target really available.  So NLoN got hit in retaliation, but now to you that's foul play as well.  You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.  Steeldor tried to make it easy, DBDC tried explaining to you that my aid was in no way under the control or management of DBDC, and yet you continued to declare new wars on DBDC's applicant.  Steeldor was, I think, trying to take the route of the lesser of 2 evils and saying "Just make up for the lost NS".  He didn't ask for cash to replace the lost land, infra, and tech.  He simply converted it to tech as it would be much easier for you make things right in that format.  But you've got your sights focused on DBDC and needed to stroke your own ego thinking that DBDC couldn't do anything about it.  Now they have, by taking it out on NLoN.  Still, the offer stood, because I think Steeldor really doesn't want to burn NLoN for the actions of COBRA, but despite his efforts to find a reasonable solution to this matter, you've spat in his face.  Your concern, still, isn't for the well-being of NLoN but instead, but instead you're doubling down that DBDC doesn't have a right to defend itself, because in your short-sightedness of thinking you would be able to hit DBDC without consequences, you've found that just hasn't been the case.  But you aren't going to cave, because it isn't cobra feeling the consequences of cobra's actions, it's their allies, and frankly, that just doesn't feel all important to you, does it?

2 hours ago, Banned said:

I gotta say, I love how in your world, DBDC somehow doesn't have a right to defend themselves.  One of their members has an economic arrangement with a friend and that friend happens to war your alliance, and that serves as an excuse to attack DBDC's applicants.  The member left the DBDC AA before anyone even noticed the declaration, and DBDC told you guys that said member's actions were not reflective of DBDC as a whole.  Somebody wanted to make it right and Steeldor says "Sure, let's look at the damage, convert it to nation strength, and then convert it to the easiest method to recover, and we will be solid.  No further action needed" and now that's extortion.  But somehow it's also foul play when DBDC actually hits a nation in response, and much as you hit an applicant of their alliance because you couldn't hit an actual member, they also went for the only target really available.  So NLoN got hit in retaliation, but now to you that's foul play as well.  You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.  Steeldor tried to make it easy, DBDC tried explaining to you that my aid was in no way under the control or management of DBDC, and yet you continued to declare new wars on DBDC's applicant.  Steeldor was, I think, trying to take the route of the lesser of 2 evils and saying "Just make up for the lost NS".  He didn't ask for cash to replace the lost land, infra, and tech.  He simply converted it to tech as it would be much easier for you make things right in that format.  But you've got your sights focused on DBDC and needed to stroke your own ego thinking that DBDC couldn't do anything about it.  Now they have, by taking it out on NLoN.  Still, the offer stood, because I think Steeldor really doesn't want to burn NLoN for the actions of COBRA, but despite his efforts to find a reasonable solution to this matter, you've spat in his face.  Your concern, still, isn't for the well-being of NLoN but instead, but instead you're doubling down that DBDC doesn't have a right to defend itself, because in your short-sightedness of thinking you would be able to hit DBDC without consequences, you've found that just hasn't been the case.  But you aren't going to cave, because it isn't cobra feeling the consequences of cobra's actions, it's their allies, and frankly, that just doesn't feel all important to you, does it?

First of all; learn to format your posts. You did goto school right?

Second; I'm not arguing this point with you any further than this post, because you're going in circles hoping for some contradiction where there will be none. You are indeed well within your right to defend yourselves from us, but you chose to hit NLON because a) you cannot hit us and b) you wanted to make a point by going for our allies (and well, if you hit Fark again? Bit too risky that isn't it? You might've actually encountered some resistance- strategically sound, but ultimately the actions of a coward)

So you, Hitchcock and anyone else in cahoots with you keep trying to spin this narrative that I don't care for my allies because I refuse to cough up extortionate amounts of reparations to compensate a minor skirmish on a pending nation. You prattle on about how you really don't want poor NLON to suffer, yet you continue to drop nukes and point the finger at me. You may have a decent grasp of strategy but your inability to not be so transparent is seriously lacking. We see right through your bs and your weak attempt to play spin doctor. I am Malcolm F Tucker in this world and without your excessive warchest you would be as useful as a marzipan dildo.

If you actually cared you would have sent them peace by now, but for you this is about making a point and setting an example to the rest of the world. What is that example, that message? Kneel, roll over and give us exactly what we want when we tell you to, or else. As well as trying (and failing) to portray us as allies who do not look out for each other. You insist that you have wanted to end this amicably but your actions say otherwise. You do not seek amicable de-escalation, you seek the destruction of Cobra and you have been open about this from the very beginning of your return. You are a petty petty washed-up birdman with an axe to grind against a man who is no longer King. So you picked a fight with me, the 'placeholder' thinking I was an easy mark. Sorry(not sorry) to disappoint you there.

You may have only recently woken from your slumber but approximately a year ago we ended a 5-6 month long conflict against RFI in defense of Sellswords (Now; TPF) - we didn't have to burn for that long, we could have accepted the ludicrous reparations demanded of us by RFI to end it but we didn't. We stuck together, we supported each other however we could and eventually we got a fair and reasonable peace deal. NLON know that whatever they need once you hit Cirk our of range they can come to me, there are countless others I have been lining up to provide them the necessary support they need after your wars expire and your terrorist ways can reach none of us from the stratosphere where you will remain relevant only through the aid packages you send to people who actually fight wars on the ground.

You talk a lot of !@#$ for a guy who is so removed from the rest of the world and hasn't engaged in anything close to a fair fight in years.

De-feather yourself you fowl beast, join us on the ground floor and fight for longer than a week for once. Otherwise you are just another cluster of pixels that will vanish into obscurity until the lights go out. When that happens and you guys get to hit whoever you want because there are so few left, it'll feel like when you bust a nut and only air comes out.

Oh and Lord Hitchcock, don't you EVER call me a bully. I am so much worse than that.

Until I actually get to speak with Steeldor I have no further business here with you and no need to explain anything further as it has all been covered extensively with plenty of evidence.

$%&@ety-bye

44 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

b) you wanted to make a point by going for our allies (and well, if you hit Fark again? Bit too risky that isn't it? You might've actually encountered some resistance- strategically sound, but ultimately the actions of a coward)

Way to try and throw Fark in the crosshairs.  Forgive me for not hitting the targets you hoped I would take, and choosing my own target instead.  Perhaps if only you'd only sent me the target list sooner.  I guess we'll never know.

1 hour ago, Banned said:

Way to try and throw Fark in the crosshairs.  Forgive me for not hitting the targets you hoped I would take, and choosing my own target instead.  Perhaps if only you'd only sent me the target list sooner.  I guess we'll never know.

Nice try.

You knew we were allied to NLON but there exists no announcement or paper for that treaty. You did your research so cut the "yOu'Re a MeAniE aLLy" shtick and don't act like your crosshairs hadn't considered doing so. You just cherry-picked a target that wouldn't be able to retaliate and one we couldn't send our own men in to help because of our statistical disdvantage. This is why you play the reparations card, this is why you hold them hostage and lay blame at my door because you know we cannot do anything militarily. If we had your numbers? Well, it's probably best for your mental wellbeing not to think or consider that hypothetical.....

Like I said; strategically sound but you're still a cowardly pos

Edit: Also, 0/10 on your propaganda comic:

yeschadknb.png

4 hours ago, Banned said:

Fixed it for you.  I won't go so far as to blindly accuse you of farming multis for tech with no actual evidence to the fact.  And if you had evidence, I have no doubt that you would report that to the proper authorities with a smile.

Steeldor had 60k tech levels erased, go ask him why. And that's only the part that was proven beyond any doubt, you can bet on it, considering that he didn't simply get the boot as it should have. Nothing personal against him BTW, according to the little I know about him and the extremely few interactions that date to several years ago, personally he's way more than decent and a nice person when you deal with him.

It's definitely not the DBDC only. Pacifica and their QT tech stuff perfectly align with the same organization with the same people that in another game got banned for having exchanged "tech farm" activity for Korean comics, or something like that. In mass quantity.

The game administrator has all the means to go after this stuff and deter people from doing it. I'm perfectly fine with him not doing it, in this very thread and just a couple of pages ago zog explained that it's probably a good business model, and this game is for free, I definitely don't complain with him. In fact I'm only grateful for the fun i had that many years ago by playing it.

I'm also happy that others like you seem to still be able to enjoy playing the game as it should be, good for you.

At the same time I occasionally casually enjoy pointing out how cheaters pat themselves on the back for "being the best" in the game, honestly it's funny. I have no time for the game itself because life is much better than this corrupt environment.

Finally I agree that the GPA and me specifically would have no endurance in fighting, why should we put any effort in any fight considering that people that got away with everything put themselves in an unbeatable position? We're not that dense.

Now I could recall that I charged against Matt Miller in the war that saw his fall from being number one, and he had twice my tech levels (also being way better than me at everything on this game), but most people don't know anything about that era. Or I could say that I let my nation fight in a war in which an attack from Cuba was guaranteed - in fact he blitzed a few bystanders just to knock them down the ladder and get in range, as I had the 254th nation by NS (IIRC). But in neither occasion it was a display of "courage", it's just numbers being changed in an overseas server, it would be pathetic to be attached to them and to go to any length to protect or increase them. Wouldn't it?

(Sorry for typos or bad style etc, I typed in a hurry on my phone.)

Edited by jerdge
typos

20200816_013510.jpg

Lord Hitchcock is a creature of habit.

He was once fairly subservient to Grub, which kept his hunger for drama mostly sated.

He then became my friend because as our culture dictates, we eventually come to embrace those enemies who have earned their respect through blood and fire.

I was wrong in believing this was the case here.

As with Polar, he was quick to throw us under the bus in favor of better prospects, one specifically which he had dreamed of for years-

20200816_005442.jpg

The LH playbook predictability:

I made the mistake of inviting him into government channels and confiding in him that I was beginning to distrust Banned (among other things which I thought he was entitled to know).

KNB is not a legitimate alliance.
It was formed by old guard elements for the sole purpose of propping an aging demagogue and sponsoring roguery.

22 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

20200816_013510.jpg

Lord Hitchcock is a creature of habit.

He was once fairly subservient to Grub, which kept his hunger for drama mostly sated.

He then became my friend because as our culture dictates, we eventually come to embrace those enemies who have earned their respect through blood and fire.

I was wrong in believing this was the case here.

As with Polar, he was quick to throw us under the bus in favor of better prospects, one specifically which he had dreamed of for years-

20200816_005442.jpg

The LH playbook predictability:

I made the mistake of inviting him into government channels and confiding in him that I was beginning to distrust Banned (among other things which I thought he was entitled to know).

KNB is not a legitimate alliance.
It was formed by old guard elements for the sole purpose of propping an aging demagogue and sponsoring roguery.

Two year old logs wreak of desperation, but sure I'll take the bait.

Your context of Grub and I's relationship is simple, it was smoke and mirrors- sure I'd drop him a log here and there and if he churned activity he didn't mind if I was apart of it. We were not allies, weren't anything really, completely different ball parks. 

The context with Cobra at the time was you were stuck and I was willing to help, if that meant giving Grub activity, he wouldn't complain.

and abeit 

unknown.png

35 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Two year old logs wreak of desperation, but sure I'll take the bait.

Your context of Grub and I's relationship is simple, it was smoke and mirrors- sure I'd drop him a log here and there and if he churned activity he didn't mind if I was apart of it. We were not allies, weren't anything really, completely different ball parks. 

The context with Cobra at the time was you were stuck and I was willing to help, if that meant giving Grub activity, he wouldn't complain.

and abeit 

unknown.png

That's all you have huh

Not to mention your rushed voice fart.

Shame you dont have access to anything that is actually news.

Operation Overlord has been discussed and ignored to no end.

What else you got?

Sorry to interrupt this broadcast!

Just following up on Johnny's quote about "ridiculous reparations" and the Snake Eyes War.

We both know the truth of that story, and it shouldn't be a mark of pride for your allies to have burned an extra two months because your coalition didn't read a counteroffer. You guys didn't have "to burn long" at all there.

It should be one of the greatest shames to have made your allies lose resources and members because of the failings of your government. It would certainly bring it to me if the shoe were on the other foot and I wouldn't use it to defend what otherwise seems like sound rhetoric.

1 hour ago, General Kanabis said:

Because of War.

And it is never shameful to us, this, the single greatest catalyst in the game. 

War is not shameful by any means. I just felt JA's rhetoric was clearly charged with the evil boogie man RFI who held you all in war for longer than just.

I wanted to dispel that somewhat since it is more complicated than that.

1 hour ago, Tevron said:

War is not shameful by any means. I just felt JA's rhetoric was clearly charged with the evil boogie man RFI who held you all in war for longer than just.

I wanted to dispel that somewhat since it is more complicated than that.

With you Tev its always more complicated. 

But if it makes you feel better we are well aware RFI at large isn't a real boogie man. 😏

I don't remember the terms and there no need to bring them up as its unrelated. I'll just say that yes we could've accepted, they were just unacceptable.  So we fought on. It goes both ways. 

4 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

That last comic you posted is confusing unless you have the backstory:

WtFDEPM.png

This is all wrong, Claude would never be photographed without his multiple gold chain Necklaces.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock