The Day Today - A Murder of Doombirds

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

^That.

Size of alliance is all any of you seem to care about. Sad, especially when big alliances have 5-10 people who are really active in them. 

I can confirm, size is irrelevant to relative relevance when properly leveraged.

1 hour ago, General Kanabis said:

why are so many of your allies recently active here, signing treaty after treaty and announcing their their own sense of relevance with anniversary threads?

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Another measure of your success seems to be how many more strands you can add to the treaty web. 

Excuse you both, Stewie worked really hard on his three treaties announced in the last month or so. 

And outside of anniversary threads, when else am I supposed to give the Golden Girls claws?

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

That's ultimately the issue my dude: You insist on our irrelevant status and yet openly admit to doing the same things as us.

How can you claim to be relevant when your ambitions and actions mirror those of alliances you deem irrelevant?

Perhaps you conflate relevance with the size and/or overall strength of your alliance. I guarantee you that, despite our size, we have far more active players than you do.

Your idea of being a success seems to revolve around making as many mergers as possible. In doing so, you drain the world of a diversity of culture and assimilate them into the amorphous blob that you call an alliance. As a result, the merged alliance grows bored and slowly they all go to the great deletion in the sky.

Another measure of your success seems to be how many more strands you can add to the treaty web. You create no culture or entertainment for this world, you just proudly announce more treaties and meaningless anniversaries to fill the void. You may not consider us relevant (and quite frankly I don't care) but we out here grinding and trying to crank out content and discourse where you 'relevant' alliances have failed to do so.

Start making enjoyable content instead of endless backslapping exercises, otherwise the evidence of your relevance is solely due to the numbers at your disposal- and they won't last if you have nothing to offer your community beyond tech deals and collections every 20 days.

I dont merely consider size or strength a measure of a good AA.  Activity (alliance and gov), aid slot percentage and past experience is a big contributor.  Also i dont think i was speaking of Cobra, i dont think Lucius is in your aa?

Although you mock my alliance merge, but what is cobra, kash, and those others but one merged alliance. You all act like one, do FA for each other, and speak for each other.... You may say ya'll "family" but your an alliance. 

O I think my content is enjoyable, I tech deal, raid, FA, and manage....... I am not the problem with CN, nor is Doom or CLAWS. The problem with CN is the alliances that sign treaties and go inactive, hide, or dont honor them.  

Thank you JA, your articles are always worth reading. Well done!

On 7/18/2020 at 11:07 PM, Johnny Apocalypse said:

[...]

One would think that an entity with such tremendous energy would focus it's efforts on immediate threats to its own existence. Instead the squawking inhabitants of the Doomcave choose to rain down upon the smaller alliances, presumably because they are easy targets for their brazen dung flinging.

[...]

This has been their modus operandi since their creation, and TBH they are far from having been the only ones doing it.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:46 PM, Stewie said:

[...]

Not the same without Cuba, Artigo and Oyababy

Immense tech levels achieved thanks to multi rings aside, and the additional tech and land consequently raided from others thanks to that, Cuba acted like an arrogant buffoon on and off the game and Oya's behaviour was just toxic and vile. According to my really non-insignificant knowledge of them they both always acted cowardly (although admittedly I am totally not an expert of the entirety of their past deeds). Their best excuse was that this game from a certain point onward - and since well before their rise - has always been plagued by such behaviours... Which isn't that great of an excuse, if you ask me.

You might have a point on Artigo, AFAIK he wasn't that bad.

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

This has been their modus operandi since their creation, and TBH they are far from having been the only ones doing it.

Immense tech levels achieved thanks to multi rings aside, and the additional tech and land consequently raided from others thanks to that, Cuba acted like an arrogant buffoon on and off the game and Oya's behaviour was just toxic and vile. According to my really non-insignificant knowledge of them they both always acted cowardly (although admittedly I am totally not an expert of the entirety of their past deeds). Their best excuse was that this game from a certain point onward - and since well before their rise - has always been plagued by such behaviours... Which isn't that great of an excuse, if you ask me.

You might have a point on Artigo, AFAIK he wasn't that bad.

I knew all of them prior to their growth into super tier.

3 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

1.Ill grab this one.... reputation = gnat - "a person or thing seen as tiny or insignificant, especially in comparison with something larger or more important."  I would have added annoying in there somewhere but hey I'm not Webster. 

2. I dont merely consider size or strength a measure of a good AA.  Activity (alliance and gov), aid slot percentage and past experience is a big contributor.  Also i dont think i was speaking of Cobra, i dont think Lucius is in your aa?

3.Although you mock my alliance merge, but what is cobra, kash, and those others but one merged alliance. You all act like one, do FA for each other, and speak for each other.... You may say ya'll "family" but your an alliance. 

4.O I think my content is enjoyable, I tech deal, raid, FA, and manage....... I am not the problem with CN, nor is Doom or CLAWS. The problem with CN is the alliances that sign treaties and go inactive, hide, or dont honor them.  

1. Thats my rep. Whats OUR rep?  And gnat I am but not for lack of trying, I can't help it there are so many people that have to be fought. If I wasn't fighting Dooms garbage tier battles I was being occupied by Doom. Some of it's my own fault, alot of it wasn't. Lord knows your kind never taught me to build anything lol Thank admin for Legend. 

2. Well the first half of this is just dumb; because it contradicts point 1. I bet we are on par with gov participation and slot percentage. And WTF, past experience? XD You can't get experience without playing. This sounds like the most impossible job to apply for ever "training available, 8 years experience preferred" lol. But this really gets to the meat and potatoes of your mindset I think. Bob is only for the elderly elite and all new upcoming talent is absorbed, or a tech front, or vote padding. It's about control, not "enhancing the experience, and optimizing gameplay". 

3. I resent this. That'll be the day when I merge with Kashmir lol (no offence Will) We cooperate on FA goals yes, to avoid the clusterfk you are in, but to say our FA is the same is highly inaccurate. And we don't speak for each other unless its delegated out, same with trades. But  with trades it just makes sense, the pool is too small for everyone to have separate trade, not to mention  some people are just BETTER at that job. But even trade and tech arrangements are not universal among the AAs. 

4, No its not, yes you are, eh kinda, and I agree with you.  

4 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

I dont merely consider size or strength a measure of a good AA.  Activity (alliance and gov), aid slot percentage and past experience is a big contributor.  Also i dont think i was speaking of Cobra, i dont think Lucius is in your aa?

Although you mock my alliance merge, but what is cobra, kash, and those others but one merged alliance. You all act like one, do FA for each other, and speak for each other.... You may say ya'll "family" but your an alliance. 

O I think my content is enjoyable, I tech deal, raid, FA, and manage....... I am not the problem with CN, nor is Doom or CLAWS. The problem with CN is the alliances that sign treaties and go inactive, hide, or dont honor them.  

If you consider us as one entity, then why do you exclude Lucius from that entity in the same post? You contradict yourself. Sure we do act like family, but that doesn't mean we aren't our own sovereign entities with independence.

I guess it's a difference in perspective:

You say tomayto, I say tomato

You see "one merged alliance", we see multiple smaller tribes functioning independently and more efficiently than your merged bulk. We each get to lead out tribes, no talent is excluded and everyone actually has a role. They're not just members to add to the pile to look stronger. Quality over quantity.

On Planet Steve you were an advocate for smaller alliances to improve the political dynamic which I agreed with- and I see the benefits of the same dynamic on this planet also.

I will grant you that your 'content' isn't a total lost cause; if you didn't leave CLAWS to go rogue on people along with DBDC? I would have no fodder to create my content, so there is that at least.

It is a bit weird that you attacked allies of TTK shortly after upgrading CLAWS' treaty with them. You boasted about upgrading it to me in another thread but have no qualms assisting in stepping on the toes of their allies.

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

Always a pleasure Jerdge, figured I was long overdue and something happened for once!

And I agree they aren't the only ones guilty of it throughout history but they are now, so that makes it news because this Planet is a perpetual slow news day. If there is other action being unreported, I would love for someone to decide to launch their own counter-narrative.

7 hours ago, Tevron said:

You are the solution to the problem with CN

People like you who demonstrate pure attachment to the CN experience.

If this isn't such a dustbin, you've proven it, by virtue of my allies posting here. I wonder when you'll get your allies and alliance to come around to sign their treaties and announce their relevance with anniversary threads.

How characteristically unoriginal and unclever of you.

Thank you for making my point.

Edited by General Kanabis

6 hours ago, Jazzy95 said:

Excuse you both, Stewie worked really hard on his three treaties announced in the last month or so. 

And outside of anniversary threads, when else am I supposed to give the Golden Girls claws?

He sure has, because NG are rebuilding not only their nations but their FA too (y'know, after you all blacklisted them as rogues for months) So that makes sense for them. The rest of you? Not so much.

Sign new treaties if you are making an FA shift, but drop your treaties that don't align with the new direction too. You cannot be friends everyone, we aren't playing Peace Simulator. Commit to your policy shifts entirely and stop half-assing it.

Anniversary threads are better than nothing and I get the desire to make them so I'll concede that. Nothing like a nice party eh?

6 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

We don't need to mock your alliance merge, you do a good enough job of that yourself.

20200712-155852.jpg

The bar was low (brawn in this game doesn't correspond to brains after all), but the 'You all very closely cooperate with one another so you're technically a merged alliance' contention is quite possibly one of the more assinine points that's been made recently. You're a caricature of yourself really at this point, Bundy.

1 hour ago, SirWilliam said:

The bar was low (brawn in this game doesn't correspond to brains after all), but the 'You all very closely cooperate with one another so you're technically a merged alliance' contention is quite possibly one of the more assinine points that's been made recently. You're a caricature of yourself really at this point, Bundy.

We are individualists!

We are individualists!

We are individualists!

Voice in the back: I'm not.

Shut up and chant!

On 7/20/2020 at 7:03 PM, Johnny Apocalypse said:

It is a bit weird that you attacked allies of TTK shortly after upgrading CLAWS' treaty with them. You boasted about upgrading it to me in another thread but have no qualms assisting in stepping on the toes of their allies.

You cant hit anyone on Planet Bob not tied to someones ally.... I'm a big TTK fan always have been, if they have a problem with Bundy they always can talk to me.

Didnt you all just beat the hell out of old Kashmir allies?....   I say tomato you say tomayto, i guess....

Al

2 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

You cant hit anyone on Planet Bob not tied to someones ally.... I'm a big TTK fan always have been, if they have a problem with Bundy they always can talk to me.

Didnt you all just beat the hell out of old Kashmir allies?....   I say tomato you say tomayto, i guess....

Al

Those "allies" became tech traders with our enemies after running from war in favor of their pixels. So, no, we beat up people who have a very different definition of ally than we do and they are no longer considered friends.

Haha so yeah, more like you say tomato and we say, we never forget. 

Edited by Lyanna Mormont
can't spell

I wanted to kill Doombirds once and the world didn't support it because they were all too scared of the cost. It would have been an investment!

Now I hope Doombirds raid the world until the end of days.

7 hours ago, Dajobo said:

I wanted to kill Doombirds once and the world didn't support it because they were all too scared of the cost. It would have been an investment!

Hi Daj 🤩

10 hours ago, Dajobo said:

At the top it's many many years that raids - or wars in general, for that matter - have no meaning anymore. Top nations are already past the end of days.

Besides that, playing against cheating wouldn't have been an investment, but a waste of time. Some interactions are still pleasant and meaningful, though, better to spend one's time into them.

10 hours ago, jerdge said:

At the top it's many many years that raids - or wars in general, for that matter - have no meaning anymore. Top nations are already past the end of days.

Besides that, playing against cheating wouldn't have been an investment, but a waste of time.

If only that would have been nipped in the bud back then we might still have a thriving community.