The Day Today - A Murder of Doombirds

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treaties mean nothing to 90% of this game. 

They're just an excuse to write up stupid puns over and over. 

I mean, they'll scream about how they're just honoring their treaties when they curbstomp you 30 x 1, but they will never shout their treaties from the rooftops if an actual fight is possible.

I've no idea whether or not my alliance has a formal position on this matter.

I shall therefore publicly wish everyone the best, publicly hope and pray for a peaceful resolution, and privately hope that those I don't care for find themselves ground into a fine powder.

On 7/19/2020 at 1:06 AM, Lucius Optimus said:

I suppose you join the rest of the neutrals and ignore the disposition of the world. 

Otherwise

Read the news

If you think your cluster of alliances are reflective of the disposition of the world, then wouldn't your alliances have halfway decent reputations? Almost everyone playing this game sees the OWF as a garbage-caked dustbin. There's a reason a whole lot isn't announced on here, even when it involves major alliances.

JA's articles have genuinely been somewhat comedic, including this one, but my joke was a big woosh for you I guess.

2 hours ago, Tevron said:

If you think your cluster of alliances are reflective of the disposition of the world, then wouldn't your alliances have halfway decent reputations?

And clearly my statement was also a whoosh for you. 

We aren't much of a reflection of anything. 

What is our reputation? I'd love to hear it.

2 hours ago, Tevron said:

If you think your cluster of alliances are reflective of the disposition of the world, then wouldn't your alliances have halfway decent reputations? Almost everyone playing this game sees the OWF as a garbage-caked dustbin. There's a reason a whole lot isn't announced on here, even when it involves major alliances.

JA's articles have genuinely been somewhat comedic, including this one, but my joke was a big woosh for you I guess.

Comical ... a little, but agree the slander from micro alliances has no effect on any major aa

but hey, keep trying with those pics....maybe one day your alliance will be relevant. 

10 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

What is our reputation? I'd love to hear it.

Ill grab this one.... reputation = gnat - "a person or thing seen as tiny or insignificant, especially in comparison with something larger or more important."  I would have added annoying in there somewhere but hey I'm not Webster. 

I decided to make one for ya'll.

micros-whining-about.jpg

AL

3 hours ago, Tevron said:

Almost everyone playing this game sees the OWF as a garbage-caked dustbin.

You are the problem with CN.

People like you who feign detachment from the CN experience.

If this is such a dustbin as you call it,  then why are so many of your allies recently active here, signing treaty after treaty and announcing their their own sense of relevance with anniversary threads?

1 minute ago, General Kanabis said:

You are the problem with CN.

People like you who feign detachment from the CN experience.

If this is such a dustbin as you call it,  then why are so many of your allies recently active here, signing treaty after treaty and announcing their their own sense of relevance with anniversary threads?

You are the solution to the problem with CN

People like you who demonstrate pure attachment to the CN experience.

If this isn't such a dustbin, you've proven it, by virtue of my allies posting here. I wonder when you'll get your allies and alliance to come around to sign their treaties and announce their relevance with anniversary threads.

33 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

Comical ... a little, but agree the slander from micro alliances has no effect on any major aa

but hey, keep trying with those pics....maybe one day your alliance will be relevant. 

Ill grab this one.... reputation = gnat - "a person or thing seen as tiny or insignificant, especially in comparison with something larger or more important."  I would have added annoying in there somewhere but hey I'm not Webster. 

I decided to make one for ya'll.

micros-whining-about.jpg

AL

That's ultimately the issue my dude: You insist on our irrelevant status and yet openly admit to doing the same things as us.

How can you claim to be relevant when your ambitions and actions mirror those of alliances you deem irrelevant?

Perhaps you conflate relevance with the size and/or overall strength of your alliance. I guarantee you that, despite our size, we have far more active players than you do.

Your idea of being a success seems to revolve around making as many mergers as possible. In doing so, you drain the world of a diversity of culture and assimilate them into the amorphous blob that you call an alliance. As a result, the merged alliance grows bored and slowly they all go to the great deletion in the sky.

Another measure of your success seems to be how many more strands you can add to the treaty web. You create no culture or entertainment for this world, you just proudly announce more treaties and meaningless anniversaries to fill the void. You may not consider us relevant (and quite frankly I don't care) but we out here grinding and trying to crank out content and discourse where you 'relevant' alliances have failed to do so.

Start making enjoyable content instead of endless backslapping exercises, otherwise the evidence of your relevance is solely due to the numbers at your disposal- and they won't last if you have nothing to offer your community beyond tech deals and collections every 20 days.