How fare thee in Cybernations?

The Zigur

7 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

@The Zigur

Can you articulate any of your positions without using the phrase perma war? 

It would be impossible to do so. Life itself is a permanent state of war; while we may individually elevate our own relative leisure and comfort, this does not mean that war has ceased or that there is not an enemy who would destroy what we have established. To forget this is to blind oneself to future attack. Without conflict, life ceases to exist.

The Imperium never officially ceased being at war from the July Revolution onward. Whether engaging in offensive wars against bandits or terrorists, or defensive wars against larger exploitative powers, there was always an enemy to prepare for. It required a huge amount of time and effort to organize this permanent war but it resulted in one of the most active member ratios and counts in CN with the lowest average nationstrength. Our strategy to organize war around the forces of production meant significant new member recruitment as well as retention of veteran "siege nations" with large tech stockpiles and EMP nukes.

It was the spirit of permanent war that made the ISX special and was feared by larger degenerate powers that had forgotten it. It's not something that makes for many diplomatic friendships however, nor was warfare sufficiently rewarded economically.

This in itself resulted in the long-term degeneration of the game because aside from land-looting in the super-tier, the only tangible reward for war was political in nature rather than economic. It was inevitable that the game would decline when the winners are those who mostly avoid war.

On 7/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, The Zigur said:

As i said, didn't have time or energy to command CN permawar anymore. I don't need help, I just enjoy war, albeit I prefer clan wars since I am more effective when telling people what to do.

https://youtu.be/_1pXBLFIPK8

I didn't watch the video.

It's not war (which you wouldn't enjoy) but a videogame, and by all appearances you have an addiction to it. I'm not an expert but I also believe that one doesn't need to be one to imagine that such an addiction, if not cured, will likely eventually destroy your personality and life.

Do about it whatever you feel is better according to the future you envision for yourself, and good luck with it.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:18 PM, The Big Bad said:

You know the old saying:  When you can not beat them, go off and play a tank video game with children.  

A tank game you would absolutely fail to succeed at due to your own inferiority of ability, reflexes and intellect.

1 hour ago, The Zigur said:

A tank game you would absolutely fail to succeed at due to your own inferiority of ability, reflexes and intellect.

Yes, pew pew pew with  annoying 10 year old's would be a true challenge.  Next thing you know you will be going on about your dominance and great victories at Chuck E Cheese.  

I'm not sure why you're boasting so much about being mediocre at best at a tank game when your whole schtick was how an independent Hawaii would become a superpower if it could just seize the US Pacific Fleet. Nevermind the fact that your group doesn't even have enough members to man a dingy let alone the training to actually operate a warship. I don't see this dumpy tank game teaching you those skills. At least stay on brand and play a naval game.

• 2 weeks later...