March of the Polars

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

Never thought I'd see the day we'd both be spectators.

I still fondly remember that time when Argent, COBRA, FTW, and Kashmir all took up the noble cause of defending PPO from whatever name Umbrella was called at that time.

21 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

This has been a pretty fair and fun fight, I would like to note.  When was the last time this world saw a war so even in numbers?  I've been having a blast.  I hope you have as well, and I was happy to help more than a few of you to your first million casualties - may the addiction and bloodlust set in, with any hope.  You guys learned how to not roll over and die after a few rounds of war, and that was pretty neat to watch.

yep you were a big help, and added a few more lost pixels from a couple other nations.  but I was more then happy to donate to your dead dudes collection as well.  it was fun to kill some dudes.   that damn SDI you had was annoying.

Nation Name: Manitoba Republic of Wiccans
Ruler Name: jert1414  message_compose.png Wee Wiccan  message_compose.png
Alliance: New Polar Orderalliance_statistic.gif The Templar Knightsalliance_statistic.gif
Soldiers Lost: 169,003 157,048

Nation Name: USSROK Republic of Wiccans
Ruler Name: Terminator  message_compose.png Wee Wiccan  message_compose.png
Alliance: New Polar Orderalliance_statistic.gif The Templar Knightsalliance_statistic.gif
Soldiers Lost: 236,089 228,205

Nation Name: Republic of Wiccans New XGA
Ruler Name: Wee Wiccan  message_compose.png HeroofTime55  message_compose.png
Alliance: The Templar Knightsalliance_statistic.gif New Polar Orderalliance_statistic.gif
Soldiers Lost: 150,903 128,164
Edited by Wee Wiccan
added text

4 hours ago, James Spanier said:

I still fondly remember that time when Argent, COBRA, FTW, and Kashmir all took up the noble cause of defending PPO from whatever name Umbrella was called at that time.

That didn't last long xD

But it's true for a moment we all did fight on the same side. Maybe someday that'll happen again, hopefully with different results :)

16 hours ago, Canik said:

Could they have though?

Why not?  I believe we have a massive treaty portfolio to call on if we so desired.  Just becuase you don't want to particularly doesn't mean we can not activate our treaty.  You are then faced with honour it or can it.

Whilst no one has to help us when we attack, it is customary when we are attacked, even in defense, that all our treaties activate.  We didn't even make the call, except to Fark who wanted in and didn't distort the balance at all.

I think the thing being missed here is that we didn't at all want to have another massacre.  We don't actually give a toss either way about any of our opponents especially KORT.  None of them have ever remotely hit our RADAR... even TTK who we have fought a few times in wider conflicts.  I do find it ironic that we setup a fairly even conflict, restrict it to that conflict without worldwide expansion and still people whinge about it. 

If there is a complaint at all, look at the whole mess that is the treaty web with cockblocks in every direction for everyone.  To hit anyone now is way too hard and takes way too much effort especially with all the direct links.  Even we are supremely guilty of this, but of course I am such a !@#$% that if I cancelled all of them we would be destroyed within the first few minutes of the ink drying on the cancellation.  KORT was the setup into pretty much this exact match up, if they escalated much more they would have tripped over themselves and vice versa.

20 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

.  I do find it ironic that we setup a fairly even conflict, restrict it to that conflict without worldwide expansion and still people whinge about it. 

That sound you hear is not whinging, it is laughter. Both at the outcome and at your attempts to spin it - honestly if you were wrapped in copper wire you could power a medium-sized city

3 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

That sound you hear is not whinging, it is laughter. Both at the outcome and at your attempts to spin it - honestly if you were wrapped in copper wire you could power a medium-sized city

And this right here is why you never pass up an opportunity to curbstomp.

1 hour ago, Canik said:

Hard to pass up an opportunity you never had. xD

Just because you don't like fighting fair wars and have to bring everyone and their mother along for the ride. 

8 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

Just because you don't like fighting fair wars and have to bring everyone and their mother along for the ride. 

Maybe you would too if you were capable of it. :)

lol nah, I'm just messin' with ya. I mean, I do doubt how much you could've brought in. If you could have made this CBless war of aggression into a legit curbstomp. Though I expect you probably could've brought in NoR at least if you tried. So kudos on that, I guess. :P

18 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

I am glad to provide you with so much amusement.  See you next time comrade.

23 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Why not?  I believe we have a massive treaty portfolio to call on if we so desired.  Just becuase you don't want to particularly doesn't mean we can not activate our treaty.  You are then faced with honour it or can it.

Whilst no one has to help us when we attack, it is customary when we are attacked, even in defense, that all our treaties activate.  We didn't even make the call, except to Fark who wanted in and didn't distort the balance at all.

I think the thing being missed here is that we didn't at all want to have another massacre.  We don't actually give a toss either way about any of our opponents especially KORT.  None of them have ever remotely hit our RADAR... even TTK who we have fought a few times in wider conflicts.  I do find it ironic that we setup a fairly even conflict, restrict it to that conflict without worldwide expansion and still people whinge about it. 

If there is a complaint at all, look at the whole mess that is the treaty web with cockblocks in every direction for everyone.  To hit anyone now is way too hard and takes way too much effort especially with all the direct links.  Even we are supremely guilty of this, but of course I am such a !@#$% that if I cancelled all of them we would be destroyed within the first few minutes of the ink drying on the cancellation.  KORT was the setup into pretty much this exact match up, if they escalated much more they would have tripped over themselves and vice versa.

You know if you've been around this planet for a minute or two this conflict would have turned in to a curb stomp if NpO had wanted it too.  I personally tip my hat for a fair fight as this is probably the closest one I have seen.  Sorry I disappeared on ya Grub I just couldn't find it in me to keep up.  Hats off to my opponents as you all did wonderful damage to my nation as it slowly withers in to nothingness.  Cheers NpO for some green gooey fun.  

DEAR LORD let the ignorance end.  I have read through the last 6 pages of this.  To those that haven't been around for years let me clue you in.  Grub is probably one of the top 10 players of all time.  He is a master of manipulating the treaty web.  He has the ability to be patient and has pulled off one of the most amazing betrayals of all time and torched an entire coalition in order to achieve his goal.  (I aint mad at ya grub its ancient history, just an example)  For those that are saying oh yeah right hes just posturing, Grub does not posture and while he is a master of spin, just enjoy the fact that apparently our side won, enjoy it, rebuild and get ready for the next one.  Here is my one warning, keep talking !@#$ and the next time he will bury you and drink your alligator tears while he enjoys feasting upon your nations.  GOD I sound like a groupie but I do believe he has at least earned the right to be respected a bit more.  

15 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Personally I like to stick to the positive. There was war but no one died, Santa is free so we have Christmas. 

Nobody died? I thought the point of the war was for people to die to show off casualties. Pixel soldiers are people too!

1 hour ago, Lord Windmark said:

Nobody died? I thought the point of the war was for people to die to show off casualties. Pixel soldiers are people too!

No alliances or affillated nations died. No disbands or PZIs happened as a direct result. 

People came together instead of being ripped apart 

9 hours ago, Buds The Man said:

DEAR LORD let the ignorance end.  I have read through the last 6 pages of this.  To those that haven't been around for years let me clue you in.  Grub is probably one of the top 10 players of all time.  He is a master of manipulating the treaty web.  He has the ability to be patient and has pulled off one of the most amazing betrayals of all time and torched an entire coalition in order to achieve his goal.  (I aint mad at ya grub its ancient history, just an example)  For those that are saying oh yeah right hes just posturing, Grub does not posture and while he is a master of spin, just enjoy the fact that apparently our side won, enjoy it, rebuild and get ready for the next one.  Here is my one warning, keep talking !@#$ and the next time he will bury you and drink your alligator tears while he enjoys feasting upon your nations.  GOD I sound like a groupie but I do believe he has at least earned the right to be respected a bit more.  

You do sound like a groupie, but you’re not wrong. I wish people were still motivated,  because I’d love to watch Polar steamroll some of their detractors. 

10 hours ago, Buds The Man said:

If you love him so much, why don't you just marry him!

The war is over so I don't care to antagonize anyone anymore as I have more useful things to worry about now, but I will say this: most people aren't disrespecting Grub because they don't know who he is or what he's done, they're disrespecting Grub because they know exactly who he is and what he's done. In any game, there's no one that people love to hate more than an !@#$%^& who wins all the time, and Grub is nothing if not the epitomization of that lol.

5 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

If you love him so much, why don't you just marry him!

The war is over so I don't care to antagonize anyone anymore as I have more useful things to worry about now, but I will say this: most people aren't disrespecting Grub because they don't know who he is or what he's done, they're disrespecting Grub because they know exactly who he is and what he's done. In any game, there's no one that people love to hate more than an !@#$%^& who wins all the time, and Grub is nothing if not the epitomization of that lol.

I completely get it comrade.  We didn't do so good this time and believe me we will learn from this one.  Cheers for the good times.

Hi Bud, long time no see hope retirement is treating you well.  I've been on the other side of the Web from NpO essentially forever and will continue to be on the other side of the web.  Never liked NpO or their regent but does not mean I can't acknowledge his/their success in the past.  Been part of a few curbstomps back then and Grub has been the primary conductor of those curbstomps, but it does not change the fact he is an asshat [IMHO].  Someone has to be the asshat so glad Grub has been so successful at it otherwise I'd just build and not war occasionally.  Every story needs a villain..........