March of the Polars

9 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Would you prefer that I let my nation fall to your lowest ranges?  I am here for the fun not to save my cash, this could be my last ride, might as well blow it all.

So this war is a suicide for some npo nations?. Why did suicidal nations drag all of npo into this?.  If suicide was the goal why attack a alliance 2.5 times smaller than you?. What is the definition of fun for  "...Driving out all the newbs. Crippling the seller economy ..."  James Spanier (wise words)  . How is it fun for them. If you attack low tier tech selling nations you could anger other alliances that buy their tech, this can't be a good strategy. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, anobubby said:

So this war is a suicide for some npo nations?. Why did suicidal nations drag all of npo into this?.  If suicide was the goal why attack a alliance 2.5 times smaller than you?. What is the definition of fun for  "...Driving out all the newbs. Crippling the seller economy ..."  James Spanier (wise words)  . How is it fun for them. If you attack low tier tech selling nations you could anger other alliances that buy their tech, this can't be a good strategy. 

I know you should never educate a chump, but I can't help but feel that far too many people still need to know what a warchest is for.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, HeroofTime55 said:

Faster casualties.

There is a Cost of Acquisition.

Nation Total Expenses Over Time / Number of Soldiers Lost = Cost per Casualty.

The lower the Cost per Casualty, the more efficient the killer. We prefer gold to graves, but I would be curious to see numbers from some of the predominant killers.

1 hour ago, Knights of the Grail said:

The lower the Cost per Casualty, the more efficient the killer. We prefer gold to graves, but I would be curious to see numbers from some of the predominant killers.

What rubbish.

9 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

What rubbish.

Is it? Or is the Cost per Casualty too horrible to post? In the ever-changing excuse for this war, you said casualties are a measure of commitment.

As you squander your resources on graveyards, you are losing the war. Admit defeat.

Total war since 3/28/2020

New Polar Order has declared 135 wars and destroyed 1,493,314 NS.
The Knights Of The Round Table have declared 169 wars and destroyed 1,907,033 NS.
KoRT 1.27x

30-day look back

New Polar Order has declared 48 wars and destroyed 468,321 NS.
The Knights Of The Round Table have declared 98 wars and destroyed 1,016,865 NS.
KoRT 2.17x

Month of May

New Polar Order has declared 21 wars and destroyed 142,639 NS.
The Knights Of The Round Table have declared 52 wars and destroyed 561,402 NS.
KoRT 3.94x

16 hours ago, Knights of the Grail said:

3,616.25. Worth every cent.

Edited by Thrash

16 hours ago, Knights of the Grail said:

Let's take a look at your credentials here....

War/Peace Preference: peace.gif Knights of the Grail is a peaceful nation. War is not an option since 5/9/2020.
Number of Soldiers Lost: 12,603 Attacking + 483,191 Defending = 495,794 Casualties

As I thought.  Get back to me when you get your first million.

Edited by HeroofTime55

I'd like to make the general point that casualties are just another kind of pixels. No doubt anyone is entitled to collect whatever flavour(s) of pixels, if any, they like, but to call anyone pixel hugger or hoarder while hugging or hoarding just another kind of pixels is... er... well, I guess you got the point.

(If you really are curious: I don't fancy any particular kind of pixel. They're all horribly boring and pointless to me. I enjoy relationships, and saving my real time.)

15 hours ago, Knights of the Grail said:

Is it? Or is the Cost per Casualty too horrible to post? In the ever-changing excuse for this war, you said casualties are a measure of commitment.

As you squander your resources on graveyards, you are losing the war. Admit defeat.

Total war since 3/28/2020

New Polar Order has declared 135 wars and destroyed 1,493,314 NS.
The Knights Of The Round Table have declared 169 wars and destroyed 1,907,033 NS.
KoRT 1.27x

30-day look back

New Polar Order has declared 48 wars and destroyed 468,321 NS.
The Knights Of The Round Table have declared 98 wars and destroyed 1,016,865 NS.
KoRT 2.17x

Month of May

New Polar Order has declared 21 wars and destroyed 142,639 NS.
The Knights Of The Round Table have declared 52 wars and destroyed 561,402 NS.
KoRT 3.94x

Whether we are winning or losing is a matter of perspective.  We chose to fight the war on the current basis knowing full well what the odds were.  As I have previously stated, I personally got what I wanted out of this war.  As there was no real animosity to begin with between the Knights and Polar and because there was some simple objectives, we had nothing to lose.  I am loving watching people get active and do something, even if the Polar turn out was less that spectacular.

Destroy as much as you want, my nation has frequently been a crater since GW2.  I love the fact that Dirk just trolled me unmercifully at the end of our war having massively down declared and thrashed my when I had no nukes left.  I have no intentions of stopping any time soon, I could not care less what the toll is at the end of the day.  Watching the Christians actually fight for a change has been wonderful.  Once they are all inevitably hiding in dove mode then maybe enough will be enough.  Until then, kill or be killed.

1 hour ago, McDouggal said:

... Are you seriously trying to claim a moral victory after you lost a fight that you picked?

Lol he's admitting that he lost, but he's just pretending like losing was part of the plan all along. 

41sshi.jpg

Edit: Aww man, there were so many reasons why Polar didn't lose that it didn't fit on the meme generator :(

Edited by lilweirdward

2 hours ago, McDouggal said:

... Are you seriously trying to claim a moral victory after you lost a fight that you picked?

KoRT was 2.5 times smaller than npo at the time of the sneak attack.  I don't know of any good moral that can apply here.  It kind of reminds me of a bully and his gang  finds out  his victim and his good friends  are black belts.  It did not end well.

Edited by anobubby

The Polars left their frozen tundra for a much needed workout and have burnt more calories than anticipated. You can't build muscle while consuming it to stay alive.

This thread should have been titled 'The death march of the Polars'.

On 5/17/2020 at 5:25 AM, Thrash said:

3,616.25. Worth every cent.

3394... more than worth it

9 hours ago, McDouggal said:

Nope.  What we did was completely immoral and God isn't on our side in this one.... nah, I am just saying I got what I wanted, nothing more or less. 

8 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

Lol he's admitting that he lost, but he's just pretending like losing was part of the plan all along. 

41sshi.jpg

Edit: Aww man, there were so many reasons why Polar didn't lose that it didn't fit on the meme generator :(

I am glad I got to fight against you guys, you have been on my list for so long now.   Watching you guys stay in a war for more than two rounds has been wonderful.  It is amazing how courageous you get when things start going your way, I wish you had been able to be so committed when times were actually tough. 

Just in case you reading comprehension levels are what your meme suggests, I had my own agenda, unrelated to anything to do with Polar, which was to fight CCC.  I got what I wanted.  I have fought some great wars against people who have actually really put some effort in, although most of them could have achieved much more if they had a clue how to actually fight with an advantage.  I am glad you are active, you certainly aren't stronger.  I am not sure where you get your data from on the individual battles, but I expect to lose when I declare uphill to defend a mate who was massively down declared on.  I also expect to lose when I am not nuking every day or even at all and my opponent is.  You seem to be quite chirpy for someone I have never heard of before, but it may shock you to learn that this is not the first time I have lost wars, it is inconsequential to me, I am getting what I want from Bob right now.  If you are as well, you should be thanking Polar for our efforts.  It is not like you have ever done anything proactive ever in your existence.  If there was ever a passenger alliance it is CCC

On 5/17/2020 at 9:03 AM, jerdge said:

I'd like to make the general point that casualties are just another kind of pixels. No doubt anyone is entitled to collect whatever flavour(s) of pixels, if any, they like, but to call anyone pixel hugger or hoarder while hugging or hoarding just another kind of pixels is... er... well, I guess you got the point.

(If you really are curious: I don't fancy any particular kind of pixel. They're all horribly boring and pointless to me. I enjoy relationships, and saving my real time.)

God you can be a !@#$%* sometimes.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:26 AM, AlmightyGrub said:

Would you prefer that I let my nation fall to your lowest ranges?  I am here for the fun not to save my cash, this could be my last ride, might as well blow it all.

no sir you cannot leave this world .. you better stay here with me till the lights go out and then we will find some candles …… burn it all down 

3 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I am glad I got to fight against you guys, you have been on my list for so long now.   Watching you guys stay in a war for more than two rounds has been wonderful.  It is amazing how courageous you get when things start going your way, I wish you had been able to be so committed when times were actually tough. 

Just in case you reading comprehension levels are what your meme suggests, I had my own agenda, unrelated to anything to do with Polar, which was to fight CCC.  I got what I wanted.  I have fought some great wars against people who have actually really put some effort in, although most of them could have achieved much more if they had a clue how to actually fight with an advantage.  I am glad you are active, you certainly aren't stronger.  I am not sure where you get your data from on the individual battles, but I expect to lose when I declare uphill to defend a mate who was massively down declared on.  I also expect to lose when I am not nuking every day or even at all and my opponent is.  You seem to be quite chirpy for someone I have never heard of before, but it may shock you to learn that this is not the first time I have lost wars, it is inconsequential to me, I am getting what I want from Bob right now.  If you are as well, you should be thanking Polar for our efforts.  It is not like you have ever done anything proactive ever in your existence.  If there was ever a passenger alliance it is CCC

2130740a1a3c0a5222214747bb34a9e9.jpg

I appreciate you responding to every single point in my completely serious meme. Good to see we finally got the Trollmaster 9000 fired back up again.

I will say that I'm sad we had to fight you guys. I do remember fighting several wars with Polar and seeing lots of fun chats between your diplomats and ours back in the day, and I even remember you and Kyriakos being one of the only sources of activity on our forums once those were going well and truly dead a few years ago. CCC has had a few people come back to check on things recently, only to be surprised and disappointed that things have degraded to this point. In spite of our myriad differences, I can promise you that no one in CCC is enjoying this. Nevertheless, we will continue to burn our pixels as long as our allies require our assistance, and I'll probably continue my chirping as long as I suspect that it's giving both of us a bit of amusement.

This has been a pretty fair and fun fight, I would like to note.  When was the last time this world saw a war so even in numbers?  I've been having a blast.  I hope you have as well, and I was happy to help more than a few of you to your first million casualties - may the addiction and bloodlust set in, with any hope.  You guys learned how to not roll over and die after a few rounds of war, and that was pretty neat to watch.

16 hours ago, anobubby said:

KoRT was 2.5 times smaller than npo at the time of the sneak attack.  I don't know of any good moral that can apply here.  It kind of reminds me of a bully and his gang  finds out  his victim and his good friends  are black belts.  It did not end well.

Kinda, but do keep in mind that Polar could have called in more than just Fark after TTK and CCC counter-declared on them.

4 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

I can promise you that no one in CCC is enjoying this

ezgif-5-455b0c37c4.gif

On 5/17/2020 at 12:03 AM, jerdge said:

I think I get where your going with this,  and while your not wrong that its a different type of hoarding I dont think it applies in this situation. Like you can have a million NS and all the tech in the world but that can be taken from you. Casualties however, well thats something they can never take from you.

Casualty pixels > All other pixels

9 minutes ago, Lord Windmark said:

I think I get where your going with this,  and while your not wrong that its a different type of hoarding I dont think it applies in this situation. Like you can have a million NS and all the tech in the world but that can be taken from you. Casualties however, well thats something they can never take from you.

Ah but you see, Polaris has a preset casualty limit. Knowing this weakness, KoRT need only send wave after wave of their own men at them until they reach their limit and shut down.

1 hour ago, Lord Windmark said:

Casualties are earned, for the most part.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Canik said:

Could they have though?

Never thought I'd see the day we'd both be spectators.

Question isn't if they could have or not.

Question is, did they?

And if their current state of affairs is an indication of the result, what next?

What an interesting conflict.