March of the Polars

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/29/2020 at 9:10 PM, Knights of the Grail said:

...Knights of the Round Table have already charged through your lines and landed in the Polar Icelands without resistance. We will engage in Chevauchée. You will meet flame and sword, firebrands, the trebuchet, fire-breathing dragons, and death by boiling.

The problem is, instead of defending your nations under attack, your allies are attacking those of us who are not involved, thinking we would be easy targets because our nations are in a peace-time footing. Anyone can be sucker-punched. You get that first strike, but the rest are ours.

So you have succeeded in widening the war as you display your abject fecklessness in battle. 

Cruithne's immortals are roused.

Ice-Queen-half.gif

2 hours ago, Morgaine said:

The problem is, instead of defending your nations under attack, your allies are attacking those of us who are not involved, thinking we would be easy targets because our nations are in a peace-time footing. Anyone can be sucker-punched. You get that first strike, but the rest are ours.

>Complains about getting sucker punched

>Entire war declaration on KoRT was a sucker punch

Sucks to suck.

Edited by McDouggal

1 hour ago, Thrash said:

Someone flying the AA replied to a topic. That's how sad it's become.

Even the long dead corps moves in the wind when the gail is strong enough. But that doesn't make it alive. VE like so many others, is a grave yard marking the decade old death of a once thriving world. 

Ignore it, life still grows beneath the ruins of the old world.

43 minutes ago, McDouggal said:

Sucks to suck.

Sorry we couldn't get you your first million, I tried and we got close... Maybe next time, you've plenty of infra left to work with ;) 

Just now, HeroofTime55 said:

Sorry we couldn't get you your first million, I tried and we got close... Maybe next time, you've plenty of infra left to work with ;) 

Was a fun little war. Turns out, I have more bodies than y'all have bullets. A quick check of the ground battles shows I went 12-3 against you and 44-6 overall across the 3 wars so far - including 14-0 on the ground against Dubh Caireallain. (It's 14-1 if you count the nuke-induced defeat alert, but I don't.)

Sure, you guys knocked off enough land that I literally could not buy a navy, but that was a win in the end since you guys had tech superiority over me on the water anyways.

1 hour ago, McDouggal said:

Sucks to suck.

You're missing the point, "Newbie." I have some experience being jumped by a larger alliance. You don't expand a war in which you are out-numbered by declaring on nations that are not engaging allies because they look easy.

And I do not complain. I kill.

Edited by Morgaine

3 hours ago, McDouggal said:

Sucks to suck.

I think reading comprehension is not your strong point.  No Polar ever cares about being attacked during a war, we love it.  He was more questioning why you would not directly help the nations tearing your alliance a new arsehole.  But please, carry on thinking you are winning something.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:06 PM, AlmightyGrub said:

So am I comrade.  So far it isn't looking great for me, only 1/2 fighting back, nukes only.  How can my soldiers give their lives for the greater good if no one will kill them.

I have always respected you @AlmightyGrub  Lets hope your soldiers find the glory they deserve n the long run.

if not, it is not from your lack of trying. 

15 hours ago, McDouggal said:

Was a fun little war. Turns out, I have more bodies than y'all have bullets. A quick check of the ground battles shows I went 12-3 against you and 44-6 overall across the 3 wars so far - including 14-0 on the ground against Dubh Caireallain. (It's 14-1 if you count the nuke-induced defeat alert, but I don't.)

Sure, you guys knocked off enough land that I literally could not buy a navy, but that was a win in the end since you guys had tech superiority over me on the water anyways.

Getting called out by a McDonalds knock-off that started this war with 13k infra and only 400 tech... That's a new low for me. 😄

18 hours ago, Morgaine said:

[...] I have some experience being jumped by a larger alliance. [...]

This is a bit of an understatement, IIRC anything about you.

18 hours ago, Morgaine said:

[...] You don't expand a war in which you are out-numbered by declaring on nations that are not engaging allies because they look easy. [...]

It depends. Against Polar, probably not.

17 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

I have always respected you @AlmightyGrub  Lets hope your soldiers find the glory they deserve n the long run.

if not, it is not from your lack of trying. 

The cherry on top is the nation with zero casualties declaring with 0 soldiers.  Good news is I am back to #10

5 hours ago, Dubh Caireallain said:

Getting called out by a McDonalds knock-off that started this war with 13k infra and only 400 tech... That's a new low for me. 😄

I could've had more tech if I'd ever bothered actually buying tech from tech deals, but I didn't. Should probably do that once this brouhaha is over.

Seriously I'd done nothing with my nation other than back-collect every 20 days and build wonders for half a year. Maybe longer. It's been a while since I've done a non-wonder purchase.

Not hating on you. Was a fun, even war. You had tech advantage and ruled the skies, but tech advantage doesn't mean a lot when I simply throw more expendable conscripts with garbage rods at you than you have bullets.

Edited by McDouggal

22 hours ago, McDouggal said:

HeroofTime55: 2,578.26 Strength Lost
McDouggal: 7,670.75 Strength Lost

I'll concede the ground.

4 hours ago, jerdge said:

This is a bit of an understatement, IIRC anything about you.

It depends. Against Polar, probably not.

That's exactly what you do. When you are outnumbered you pick on the weak. We've been through this grind forever. Why some people don't get it is beyond me. If you don't wanna be part of the war, vote with your feet.

18 minutes ago, Thrash said:

That's exactly what you do. When you are outnumbered you pick on the weak. We've been through this grind forever. Why some people don't get it is beyond me. If you don't wanna be part of the war, vote with your feet.

Thrash,

That doesn't always mean you're getting peace. Just that you're on your own.

Sincerely,

Joseph M. Black

Edited by Joseph Black

1 hour ago, Thrash said:

They aren't the weak, just the ones without war, hitting them just makes them active when if left alone they probably don't even log in

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

HeroofTime55: 2,578.26 Strength Lost
McDouggal: 7,670.75 Strength Lost

I'll concede the ground.

Your tech advantage really showed in the war; I could barely keep a navy in the water and my air force was no match for yours. Plus, your nukes stung enough that I was actually glad when your allies nuked me instead.

Frankly the only upside of this war is that I'll be able to get a National War Memorial. +5 happiness is nice.

1 hour ago, McDouggal said:

Your tech advantage really showed in the war; I could barely keep a navy in the water and my air force was no match for yours. Plus, your nukes stung enough that I was actually glad when your allies nuked me instead.

Frankly the only upside of this war is that I'll be able to get a National War Memorial. +5 happiness is nice.

Yeah, I fell asleep a few times and forgot to nuke :P

Looking back at the old posts I think I see one reason for the war.... A few Polaris members wanted 5m Casualty, and at 50% of the strength of Polaris  KoRT was a easy target.  To all other nations drag into this... Sorry about your lost .

Edited by anobubby

10 hours ago, anobubby said:

Looking back at the old posts I think I see one reason for the war.... A few Polaris members wanted 5m Casualty, and at 50% of the strength of Polaris  KoRT was a easy target.  To all other nations drag into this... Sorry about your lost .

It is amusing to watch people scramble for reason in an unreasonable world.  Thanks for playing but no prize for you.

10 hours ago, anobubby said:

If I know grub this probably had something to do with it.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:07 PM, Canik said:

KoRT is a weak willed peaceful alliance who despite it's larger size than COBRA, is actually an easier and safer opponent to face.

Bowenland (KoRT) vs Mayoabu (NpO)

Land/Tech/Infra: 35,740.67 Strength Lost vs 28,145.52 Strength Lost

Destruction Rank: This war was more destructive than 894 of 894 existing wars.

Orangewall (KoRT) vs Eleytheria (NpO)

Land/Tech/Infra: 21,227.58 Strength Lost vs 40,640.63 Strength Lost

Destruction Rank: This war was more destructive than 893 of 894 existing wars.

The bogs and moorlands of Britannia and Caledonia are never safe for invaders.