The Day Today - InternatiNEWs

1 hour ago, Canik said:

K. I don't care. You are again projecting ego.

My assessment of your alliance isn't based on some Freudian defense mechanism. Far from it.

This is a clear case of pluralistic ignorance.

But keep believing your associates when they tell you those are some mighty fine threads you've procured from NPO

20200221-192843.jpg

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2020 at 10:37 PM, Canik said:

Being antagonistic in and of itself is not so bad but your alliance is trying to sue for peace and claiming it can turn over a new leaf. Your posts are counter-productive to NG's supposed goal of peace. But, please, continue on. :)

What he means is go quietly into the night. 

I am most pleased to see this broadcast having escalated in this fashion! Good job to everyone involved for participating on the world stage!

hqdefault.jpg

Now, before the thread dies because of a gag order or general apathy somewhere I'd like to highlight some unanswered questions fielded by Tankobite lest they get lost in the top notch mudslinging going on:

On 2/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, Tankobite said:

I have a few questions.
The following questions will be based on the assumption that NG's eradication is not a  sine qua non for peace.:
1. Is the disbandment of NG the official endstate of this war? If not, what is the end state and is it possible for NG to demonstrate it in empirical ways beyond "change" and "growth?" 
2. Considering NG thought that their attempts to negotiate a surrender were thrown out of hand and the tone of the DoW treating them as rogues, I'm not sure any sort of behavioral change in the sense of being nice to you can be expected--they'll never not despise you, would keeping off OWF and mocking people be a step towards growth? But what other behaviors do you desire changed? Presumably they won't attempt the behavior elucidated in the following question in order to avoid another coalition war in the future, so this seems like a situation that would be resolved by a negotiation where they acknowledge this and promise to refrain from doing it again.

3. One of the casus belli was poaching of alliance members* and other issues were Caustic's attempts to get funding, I understand as well. What evidence can NG give besides an acknowledgement of this and a promise not to do so in the future that would be sufficient for a start in peace negotiations?

Now my other questions.
As far as I recall, the DoW stated that they were to be treated as rogues and never said anything about what would be sufficient supplication for peace talks, other than the implied removal of Caustic from leadership and disbandment of NG.
1. Thus, if the elimination of NG is the ultimate goal, does this apply to its players as well?
2. If not, how can any alliances be sure that if they take in members from NG they will not eventually be a target due to fears of these new members' agitation?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

8 hours ago, Stewie said:

@DeathAdder and @Lord of Darkness must be having deep conversations with @Canik and the rest of Oculus and RFI.

My questions were mainly in order to see if there's a possibility of NG remaining in this world and achieving peace with its enemies. 

Here are my major questions that relate to the world at large, that I would like an answer to:

As far as I recall, the DoW stated that they were to be treated as rogues and never said anything about what would be sufficient supplication for peace talks, other than the implied removal of Caustic from leadership and disbandment of NG.
1. Thus, if the elimination of NG is the ultimate goal, does this apply to its players as well?
2. If not, how can any alliances be sure that if they take in members from NG they will not eventually be a target due to fears of these new members' agitation?

6 hours ago, Tankobite said:

My questions were mainly in order to see if there's a possibility of NG remaining in this world and achieving peace with its enemies. 

The short answer...

Is no.

Nobody cares enough to hold a stance against bullying players off of Bob.

Seeing as NPO refuses to continue dialogue here (no doubt wary of our hand holding intentions), let us focus on FtW again, this time, to address a question which I think, would find a more appropriate response here;

20200229-070939.jpg

Because the growth of your alliance is not in my best interest @Smitty256 
If you want to see these new members prosper, you'd do well to recommend a de-escalation of aggressions between our respective alliances, as we have already suggested publicly.

Your noobs are dying and your standing orders to keep them in peace mode have been driving them from this world with bitter thoughts about the game, as evidenced here; 

20200229-051732.jpg

Note: While the SUN hosts a great meme room on their Discord Server, it is necessary to engage in meaningful exchanges of ideas when these are presented to us, and even more necessary to have as many eyes on these as possible, for the sake of public awareness.

8 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

Seeing as NPO refuses to continue dialogue here (no doubt wary of our hand holding intentions), let us focus on FtW again, this time, to address a question which I think, would find a more appropriate response here;

20200229-070939.jpg

Because the growth of your alliance is not in my best interest @Smitty256 
If you want to see these new members prosper, you'd do well to recommend a de-escalation of aggressions between our respective alliances, as we have already suggested publicly.

Your noobs are dying and your standing orders to keep them in peace mode have been driving them from this world with bitter thoughts about the game, as evidenced here; 

20200229-051732.jpg

Note: While the SUN hosts a great meme room on their Discord Server, it is necessary to engage in meaningful exchanges of ideas when these are presented to us, and even more necessary to have as many eyes on these as possible, for the sake of public awareness.

Apologies for my late response. 

As I pointed out in SUN's meme channel, ripplenation has been kicked from FTW. You underlined his nation information but did not show that he has been in war mode since 6/28/2019. He does not have any wonders, infra, or tech. We flood our low tier nations with aid. We want them to grow as much as possible, as fast as possible. He has been going into inactivity, coming back after several weeks, doing nothing once he returns, and then going back into inactivity. This has been going for several months. I admit, the reason he hadn't kicked before what because I was holding out hope that when he did come back, that he would engage and be a productful member of FTW. In the picture above, you can see that he had been with us for well over a year. It is players like this that are bringing CN down. If we had active players, CN might be a thriving game again. 

Which leads me to my next point. The fact that people are leaving this game faster than people are joining is really telling. One reason is because of the roguish behavior of Non Grata. Or Cobra coalition attacking a small alliance until they give in and sign a MDP. FTW wants CN to become a thriving community again just as much as you. I wish we could have the numbers that we had 10 years ago. But we don't. We have to make due with what we have. 

As to the peace talks, I don't speak for FTW as a whole. That would be Canik, Taco, and TDLS's department. I am only giving my personal opinion.

40 minutes ago, Smitty256 said:

The fact that people are leaving this game faster than people are joining is really telling. One reason is because of the roguish behavior of Non Grata. Or Cobra coalition attacking a small alliance until they give in and sign a MDP. 

You make claims without citing examples.

"The problem with Planet Bob these days is that nobody drinks blood from the skulls of their enemies anymore."

Encouraging activity is all about honor. Take a swing at someone, see it through to the end on your own damn feet.

No sucker punches. No jumping in.

And especially no holding back.

All sorts of people hate each other around here and they'd rip each other to shreds if their leaders weren't so sleepy.

Truth is, more people walk out from lack of (proper) war than they do from lack of safety so I can see why you would kick someone just for voicing an opinion contrary to your own.

3 hours ago, Smitty256 said:

Apologies for my late response. 

As I pointed out in SUN's meme channel, ripplenation has been kicked from FTW. You underlined his nation information but did not show that he has been in war mode since 6/28/2019. He does not have any wonders, infra, or tech. We flood our low tier nations with aid. We want them to grow as much as possible, as fast as possible. He has been going into inactivity, coming back after several weeks, doing nothing once he returns, and then going back into inactivity. This has been going for several months. I admit, the reason he hadn't kicked before what because I was holding out hope that when he did come back, that he would engage and be a productful member of FTW. In the picture above, you can see that he had been with us for well over a year. It is players like this that are bringing CN down. If we had active players, CN might be a thriving game again. 

Which leads me to my next point. The fact that people are leaving this game faster than people are joining is really telling. One reason is because of the roguish behavior of Non Grata. Or Cobra coalition attacking a small alliance until they give in and sign a MDP. FTW wants CN to become a thriving community again just as much as you. I wish we could have the numbers that we had 10 years ago. But we don't. We have to make due with what we have. 

As to the peace talks, I don't speak for FTW as a whole. That would be Canik, Taco, and TDLS's department. I am only giving my personal opinion.

Well, Smitty, lemme break it to ya. There are no politics anymore. One side (which encompasses pretty much all of the NS) won't contribute. That's the reason why we aren't a thriving community.

It's probably at least twelve years that people claim that too much war/peace drive people away. Fact is, we don't know, those are projections from people that don't leave and that didn't ask to those that left.

6 hours ago, jerdge said:

It's probably at least twelve years that people claim that too much war/peace drive people away. Fact is, we don't know, those are projections from people that don't leave and that didn't ask to those that left.

It's not war/peace that drives people away. It's the lack of dialogue and the treaty web.

30 minutes ago, Thrash said:

It's not war/peace that drives people away. It's the lack of dialogue and the treaty web.

And the more engaged the admins and the owners of the game are with the community, the better. You need periodic investment.

That's how browser games remain relevant after decades of gameplay, Hattrick being a prime example.

9 hours ago, jerdge said:

those are projections from people that don't leave and that didn't ask to those that left.

But we did ask them.

We asked them and their response was given in the form of resurrection.

Many came back just to wage war.

Besides all that, there is no need to go as far as the graveyard to dig up corpses for the purpose of interrogation.

Plenty of those hanging around we can ask...those that left many years ago, in every sense except the literal. 

And again, we did ask, but their collective response was interpreted as the results of "poaching".

I mean let's be serious; Bob is pushing up daisies, has been for ages, and we here assembled are too fond of Newton's First Law to just up and quit. Or stop returning. Or whatever.

Being serious about this thing is a frigging joke.  Absent input from admins/owners, there is no force exercised on Bob and its denizens (see Newton's First Law, above) which would tend to resist the total inertia (there's that First Law, again) wrought upon the whole shebang by aforementioned treaty web, radio silence, pixel-hugging, and hurf-durfery.

Seriously...why so serious?

On 3/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, General Kanabis said:

But we did ask them.

We asked them and their response was given in the form of resurrection.

Many came back just to wage war.

Besides all that, there is no need to go as far as the graveyard to dig up corpses for the purpose of interrogation.

Plenty of those hanging around we can ask...those that left many years ago, in every sense except the literal. 

And again, we did ask, but their collective response was interpreted as the results of "poaching".

I'd like to state, for at least one data point, I had been on a non-playing cycle of 20-day tax collections for literally years (RIA kept reminding me to collect, otherwise I certainly would have been inactivated).  The only reason I am "back" now, was to participate in the Holy Crusade against FTW.

I left when things got boring and repetitive.  I came back when a call was issued to do something interesting.

If anyone is keeping this game on life support, it's NG.  Probably won't be enough, but they're trying their best, damnit.