An Official FTW Statement

Sauron

1 hour ago, Kongo Jack said:

Not trolling, I'm speaking facts. 

40 minutes ago, Kongo Jack said:

I must. You're on some rambling nonsense about me. Sadly,  I've never been this big of a deal before, I like the attention. 

Keep flexing. You're really impressing people.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Kongo Jack said:

you must have something that is really troubling you. 

Yeah, people like you ruining this game.

Don't be so surprised that folks aren't exactly flocking to your side of the argument.

20200131-112048.jpg

Edited by General Kanabis

59 minutes ago, Kongo Jack said:

Sure, I played from 08 until 2015, you can read through the archive and look yourself. I'm just happy you're excited

Now I just roam and poke my head in to see the world burn. 

2008?  I think I was on my first retirement by then.    What alliance were you in?

On 1/30/2020 at 12:08 PM, AlmightyGrub said:

One thing remains true, in the end, there will be Order.

As much as the concept of order still made sense, already behind us is The End.

The company is still decent but ahead is only Void.

9 hours ago, jerdge said:

As much as the concept of order still made sense, already behind us is The End.

The company is still decent but ahead is only Void.

Jerdge,

The ride is only over when you get off the merry-go-round. We're petrified by nostalgia to be sure, but that's as simple as a change of perspective.

Humbly,

Joseph M. Black

6 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

Jerdge,

The ride is only over when you get off the merry-go-round. We're petrified by nostalgia to be sure, but that's as simple as a change of perspective.

Humbly,

Joseph M. Black

Global affairs have been dead for literally years, and smaller scale developments have been suffocated whenever they even remotely threatened to influence the status quo.

Note that I don't complain, I just call things as I see them.

(Ultimately I simply don't care: CN had too many problems that went unaddressed, it's broken and definitely not worth any serious investment of my time.)

What you refer to can anyway be valid for you, other individuals, other groups. I wish you all to enjoy your ride. While I maintain that it can only be insignificant in comparison with the rest of this realm, in another sense it's basically almost all that happens and, as such, the only stuff of significance left around.

18 minutes ago, Canik said:

Then he's done more than you. xD

A 150 day old player (who gathered 30+ nations in less than half a year) might not seem like much to someone who measures merit solely in terms of sycophantic meanderings, but try to keep up; As you are drained by this ulcer that stunts your growth, others out there are thriving. 

Pic related-

20200129-211327.jpg

27 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

A 150 day old player (who gathered 30+ nations in less than half a year) might not seem like much to someone who measures merit solely in terms of sycophantic meanderings, but try to keep up; As you are drained by this ulcer that stunts your growth, others out there are thriving. 

Yeah let me know how many stick around. I've heard they've had issues with members disappearing.

10 hours ago, Martialis said:

@jerdge my humble opinion, you talk and complain a lot. In concrete terms, you have never done anything relevant, only long posts mostly correct, but nothing more. 

I actually complain very very little, if at all.

What I do or did is really not an interesting topic IMHO, but since you went there: I agree that I have not done anything relevant in the last years, anyone (that has any clue) would probably say the same; what I might have done in ancient times would probably be judged very differently, depending on whom you ask to... I'd say that some things have been very relevant for the people involved and knowledgeable about certain issues, but basically nothing I did has ever been a game changer, or anything like that.

A more interesting issue is: why do you care, and how my relevance or irrelevance matters in weighing what I say? If the message is mostly correct, as you put it, how does it make any difference the personal history of the messenger, however you want to judge it?

Even if you disagree with the message, why don't you address its content instead of criticizing the messenger? Why do you pick the uninteresting side of the issue - the irrelevant life of the messenger - as the topic of your post?

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

I actually complain very very little, if at all.

What I do or did is really not an interesting topic IMHO, but since you went there: I agree that I have not done anything relevant in the last years, anyone (that has any clue) would probably say the same; what I might have done in ancient times would probably be judged very differently, depending on whom you ask to... I'd say that some things have been very relevant for the people involved and knowledgeable about certain issues, but basically nothing I did has ever been a game changer, or anything like that.

A more interesting issue is: why do you care, and how my relevance or irrelevance matters in weighing what I say? If the message is mostly correct, as you put it, how does it make any difference the personal history of the messenger, however you want to judge it?

Even if you disagree with the message, why don't you address its content instead of criticizing the messenger? Why do you pick the uninteresting side of the issue - the irrelevant life of the messenger - as the topic of your post?

All he said was you talk alot for someone who is a neutral and that your assessments, though correct most of the time, are superfluous. 

Wall of text not necessary imo

54 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

All he said was you talk alot for someone who is a neutral and that your assessments, though correct most of the time, are superfluous. 

Wall of text not necessary imo

AFAIK neutrals have always talked a lot, maybe just not in your sight. Neutrality is not taking sides, it's not indifference.

My assessments are not meant to be of any specific use for anyone, you can use them or ignore them at will.

I love my walls of text, even the ones you might consider unnecessary.

25 minutes ago, Martialis said:

Exactly, it was a critique of your immobility in trying to improve things, rather than pointing them out without taking action. 

In a sense, I'm not even part of this world: I had left it and I came back only because I was asked to by friends in times of need. I stay mostly as a courtesy towards my trade partners. I have no reason to make any movement or to take any action.

Incidentally, these superfluous and unnecessary posts of this irrelevant and immobile one really attracted a lot of attention! I have my opinion about this ostensible paradox but I'd like to first hear your one, if you feel like sharing it.

11 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

@Martialis don't take the bait.

It isn't worth the time.

To paraphrase Hagrid in HP,

"Never try an' get a straight answer out of a neutral. Ruddy stargazers. Not interested in anythin' closer'n the moon."

Your insistence in ignoring the content and trying to attack the poster is disappointing, usually your posts aren't stupid like this.

The Hagrid reference is also off, I always give straight answers.

9 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I for one have always appreciated your input. :)

Thank you. For what it's worth I also like your style. (GK's too TBH.)

5 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

We managed to take NPO's thread to a stunning 56 pages thanks in part to jerdge's hard work, so lets not write him off completely now.

Well I don't know/remember what you're talking of but thanks, I suppose.

Today I saw again 64digits's flag, maybe you remember that long ago I helped you in making an high resolution version of it (I basically found an identical font, etc). That's already two things that I did!

1 minute ago, jerdge said:

Well I don't know/remember what you're talking of but thanks, I suppose.

Today I saw again 64digits's flag, maybe you remember that long ago I helped you in making an high resolution version of it (I basically found an identical font, etc). That's already two things that I did!

You uncovered some interesting information that caused a big mess.  Which is the most any of us can hope to contribute to this world anymore.

And I remember the flag stuff, I didn't remember that was you, but it must have been if you remember the story, so thank you!