New Year New War

PsMsB6k.png

The Boognish Cult would like to announce that we are at war with Alpha Wolves!

The cult requires wars to thrive and we are ready to worship with our friends.

We look forward to a wonderful round against a worthy and strong opponent!

Taste the Waste o7

SIoeGTz.png

Signed:

Boognish - The Bumblebee

Pandy Fackler -The Stallion

5 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

I don't think we have ever had a war! We couldn't let that continue, you would think we didn't love you guys! 

❤️

I didn't think anyone else had the guts to wage an up-declare but you prove me wrong. Though not sure if smart or crazy..? hmm

Credit to BC

On 1/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, HiredGun said:

I didn't think anyone else had the guts to wage an up-declare but you prove me wrong. Though not sure if smart or crazy..? hmm

Credit to BC

Updeclare is more fun and yeah, we get banged around but it is a long round. Might as well have some fun :)

8 minutes ago, King Cyan said:

Why not both:awesome:

No one has access to nukes yet so dealing significant damages is more challenging making these wars more for xp than anything. Warm up fights for the main events 😉

33 minutes ago, HiredGun said:

No one has access to nukes yet so dealing significant damages is more challenging making these wars more for xp than anything. Warm up fights for the main events 😉

And for overspending on planes and navy because you can't resist the shiny...

I agree, without nukes it made it harder and more interesting to try and get people in anarchy. You had to work for it more and it promoted teamwork and some fun trash talk. Like when @tehol helped me get 30 messages in one go to send me to the red. It was a good round. Thanks for being such good sports, Alpha Wolves.

I would for sure support nukes being curbed for TE. 

Yes, but @Overlord Wes, they will then last the remainder of a relatively long round. It would be interesting IMO to have a round without nukes, or perhaps a round where only the top 5% can get nukes (ie, no MP), or a round where there was some other limit.

6 minutes ago, tehol said:

Yes, but @Overlord Wes, they will then last the remainder of a relatively long round. It would be interesting IMO to have a round without nukes, or perhaps a round where only the top 5% can get nukes (ie, no MP), or a round where there was some other limit.

I agree with this

On 1/10/2020 at 10:31 PM, tehol said:

non-nuke wars are only good if the sides are relatively even [difficult to accommodate with the dwindling population] .  The only way to put up a decent fight at disadvantage is to have better coordination than the bigger side [smaller alliances tend to be less active, and combinations of smaller alliances have a harder time coordinating than a single large alliance].  NS disparity would just get worse as the round goes on if the smaller side has no access to nukes.

Using our last war as an example:  I was still on vacation when when NLoN declared on OP so I was still unbuilt, thus received no declarations.  When I got home about a day later D1 had already declared on them, so I only hit 2 nations that had hit other OP members [the only 2 with any open defensive slots].  I was freshly built fighting only 2 nations while they were a day or 2 in fighting 5 or 6 nations each.  As a result I only lost 3 out of a possible 10 defensive ground attacks [including underdog wins].  In the end they got $%&@ed up while I barely suffered any damage at all.