Spies Input

admin

I think the only way to balance spies is to make it so there is no limit on how many times a nation can get spied on a day. However, nations can only launch one spy attack a day. To balance this, the chances that a spying mission will be caught should increase exponentially at each threat level. For example, at threat level 5 (lowest), the chances of catching a spy is 100%. However at threat level 1, the chances of catching a spy should be 10000% or another acceptable value at threat level 1. This way, a nation is expecting a lot of spy attacks by say an entire alliance, he has proper defenses. However, putting your threat level at 1 should have greater repercussions. Most of the time, a nation will have a threat level of 5, and have few spy attacks.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only way to balance spies is to make it so there is no limit on how many times a nation can get spied on a day. However, nations can only launch one spy attack a day. To balance this, the chances that a spying mission will be caught should increase exponentially at each threat level. For example, at threat level 5 (lowest), the chances of catching a spy is 100%. However at threat level 1, the chances of catching a spy should be 10000% or another acceptable value at threat level 1. This way, a nation is expecting a lot of spy attacks by say an entire alliance, he has proper defenses. However, putting your threat level at 1 should have greater repercussions. Most of the time, a nation will have a threat level of 5, and have few spy attacks.

Do you enjoy being attacked by 100 nations with max number of spies?

Do you enjoy being attacked by 100 nations with max number of spies?

What I'm saying is that there's little reason for 100 nations to attack you unless if you're somewhat expecting it (also, it could be a waste of resources), so the percentage that an individual spy attack succeeds should be very low if you put your threat level to 1. However, there should be heavy penalties for putting your threat level lower.

I haven't read the whole thread, sorry if any of this is a repeat.

I see this as a very expensive addition to the game. Potentially 550 spies, at 100K each. Then, you can get 20 destroyed ($2M worth of damages right there). Plus the expense of the actual attacks? Plus, the new technology & land race to have better spying capabilities... I think it's an interesting feature but the cost levels are just too high, especially for the smaller and medium nations.

One possible mitigation is narrow the attack/defending range to less than the war ranges - maybe +/- 25% NS. Or lower the cost of each spy to $10K each, or the maximum number of spies that you can have to 25 + 10 per intelligence agency.

Everything is okay I guess cept one thing...1 spy mission a day? This takes out a lot of the fun for this feature if you're just limited to using it once per day. I think the cap should be raised to like 3...for all of your def or offensive wars.

the cap is there to prevent abusing spies. with the damage they already do i think one is enough

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest problem I have with this feature, is that it makes war even more expensive, because you can't loot anything and can only damage each other. Destroy infra/money/tech etcetera.

There will be less major wars in CN because the stakes are way to high, people can lose their nation at a way faster rate now. And can't regain anything for being succesfull at warfaring. You can only get 5 tech and 1 miljon, while you can loose a hell lot of infra, nukes militairy cash, tech. You name it.

With the implemention of planes, also a militairy unit which can only destroy things, and can't loot, we have seen less wars, and now we see even less wars. Because they are just too costly, and no one can really win something.

I suggest you let spies being able to loot like 10 tech, and 1 miljon in cash.

Otherwise I think CN will become a game with less warfare, and where everyone goes neutral because oldschool warfare is too expensive.

If I was in charge I would also removed the 5 tech cap for ground attacks, and just keep the 5% only.

NOTE: I have lost 1300 infra during the last war, I am not like "awwww this will hurt my nation", I am just afraid this game will turn in Sim city game instead of a cool wargame.

Edited by Timmehhh

Could/should "Destroying Technology" be replaced with "Stealing Technology"?

This. Destroying tech is quite useless. Stealing it would be fun and it would make CN very interesting (since it would actually be worth it to spy on someone who you don't want to DoW).