Jump to content
jerdge

A Vision for CyberNations?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

And we are back to the classic CN pipe dream, hoping that someone else will come by to make it interesting and somehow break the stagnation.  Stagnation that every one of those dreamers would then immediately and without hesitation fight to uphold.

 

Sounds about right.

Ultimately...

221ee09f5a04105bb4d0fa611c05aef5.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does NPO still exist? They shoulda been banned 15 years ago.  Genuially thia game died cause of schoolyard style bullying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Don Dee said:

Does NPO still exist? They shoulda been banned 15 years ago.  Genuially thia game died cause of schoolyard style bullying.

 They disbanded about 4 years back but GGA reformed and is currently sitting on top...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Master Hakai said:

 They disbanded about 4 years back but GGA reformed and is currently sitting on top...

 

I can confirm.

 

 

NPO has certainly exercised their will via nationalistic self-preservation but in my opinion, both from my time as mid-government in Pacifica to my many years outside of the alliance, they weren't schoolyard bullies. Tomato, tomato?

 

If anything, for many years they were this game's most interesting bogeyman, and it was this fact that motivated many - like MK - to strive and thrive.

 

This game isn't !@#$ because of NPO's tactics but because, over the years, everyone (Pacifica included) has stopped genuinely trying. This game is gripped by extreme lethargy. Every single alliance that has existed in the last 5+ years is to blame. This isn't news and is hardly a revelation.

 

It's easy to say that if I disapprove of the state of the game that I can do something about it, but sadly I can't. My 20k of Kashmir's polarized 750k NS is fairly powerless to make fundamental changes in this game. We'll continue to go with the wind until Admin bothers to mercy kill us all then we'll move on to the next game, project, or topic.

 

😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 2:55 PM, SirWilliam said:

 

I can confirm.

 

 

NPO has certainly exercised their will via nationalistic self-preservation but in my opinion, both from my time as mid-government in Pacifica to my many years outside of the alliance, they weren't schoolyard bullies. Tomato, tomato?

 

If anything, for many years they were this game's most interesting bogeyman, and it was this fact that motivated many - like MK - to strive and thrive.

 

This game isn't !@#$ because of NPO's tactics but because, over the years, everyone (Pacifica included) has stopped genuinely trying. This game is gripped by extreme lethargy. Every single alliance that has existed in the last 5+ years is to blame. This isn't news and is hardly a revelation.

 

It's easy to say that if I disapprove of the state of the game that I can do something about it, but sadly I can't. My 20k of Kashmir's polarized 750k NS is fairly powerless to make fundamental changes in this game. We'll continue to go with the wind until Admin bothers to mercy kill us all then we'll move on to the next game, project, or topic.

 

😃

MI6 was the last hurrah, and it came and went with barely a whimper. I’m shocked people still come here enough to pay their bills. Does anything happen ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gibsonator21 said:

MI6 was the last hurrah, and it came and went with barely a whimper. I’m shocked people still come here enough to pay their bills. Does anything happen ever?

 

There's plenty happening right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gibsonator21 said:

MI6 was the last hurrah, and it came and went with barely a whimper. I’m shocked people still come here enough to pay their bills. Does anything happen ever?

 

Join NG - we're fighting 50% of bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about the Top 10 AAs declare neutrality and to be entirely self-reliant, the rest of us get to play without them turning up at the behest of the another one for the sake of overkill.

 

Just do it already, there's so many bags of inert nothing at the top they may as well go the way of GPA at this stage. They have trillions in cash and the game has no rubber-band mechanic to allow those literally a decade behind in their nation building to catch up, they won't/can't participate because of game fatigue/rl commitments so why not just abdicate yourselves from any kind of actual game play if you can't actually play the game with the rest of the game.

 

Start playing the game again and remember how once upon a time this was actually kinda fun.

 

(you also just lost the game btw)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 5:03 PM, Thrash said:

 

There's plenty happening right now.

Yeah looks super fun

On 1/16/2020 at 5:21 PM, Stewie said:

 

Join NG - we're fighting 50% of bob

Sure. Prolly won’t put in much more effort than this, but sure

Edited by Gibsonator21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

How about the Top 10 AAs declare neutrality and to be entirely self-reliant, the rest of us get to play without them turning up at the behest of the another one for the sake of overkill.

 

Just do it already, there's so many bags of inert nothing at the top they may as well go the way of GPA at this stage. They have trillions in cash and the game has no rubber-band mechanic to allow those literally a decade behind in their nation building to catch up, they won't/can't participate because of game fatigue/rl commitments so why not just abdicate yourselves from any kind of actual game play if you can't actually play the game with the rest of the game.

 

Start playing the game again and remember how once upon a time this was actually kinda fun.

 

(you also just lost the game btw)

 

 

 

One of the best ideas I've heard around here lately.

 

20200116-115202.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

How about the Top 10 AAs declare neutrality and to be entirely self-reliant, the rest of us get to play without them turning up at the behest of the another one for the sake of overkill.

 

Just do it already, there's so many bags of inert nothing at the top they may as well go the way of GPA at this stage. They have trillions in cash and the game has no rubber-band mechanic to allow those literally a decade behind in their nation building to catch up, they won't/can't participate because of game fatigue/rl commitments so why not just abdicate yourselves from any kind of actual game play if you can't actually play the game with the rest of the game.

 

Start playing the game again and remember how once upon a time this was actually kinda fun.

 

(you also just lost the game btw)

My conspiracy to ideologically conquer this world has come to fruition, don't even just for a moment think that any of this happened by chance.

Everything went according to my plans, The Neutral Menace simply won.

evil chuckle

 

Wait, this is an OOC forum. Back to serious mode.

Your one is an excellent analysis, really. If I wanted to actually play again I'd totally let my nation slip into inactivity and I'd then start from scratch with a new one (for those wondering: yes, years ago I've been told by the Mods that it would be legal as long as there's only one active nation per player at any given time).

Only, the game is broken and corrupt and, more importantly, it's not credible anymore. I stay only for my trade partners and to kill time, I have no incentives to try play again this stuff. I wouldn't have the time for it either.

At least I'm not overkilling anyone and never I did it.

 

But yes, as unlikely I deem it to be, I wish you to get what you're looking for, eventually. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...