A Vision for CyberNations?

jerdge

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/20/2019 at 8:14 AM, kingzog said:

Well put.

I keep considering that the very youngest CN players I knew in 2006 are now in their late 20's. An average, college-aged player from 2006 is creeping up on 40. The 'external distractions' facing long-time players now are things like families, children and businesses, as opposed to final exams or finding that first post-graduation job.

EDIT: Even the Mods are too busy to pay attention most of the time. Once upon a time a person who posted without having a nation would find themselves banned within minutes.

This is 1000% accurate.  13 years is an eternity in this world.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, Thrash said:

Late 20's, lol. I'm approaching 50.

I probably have you beat.  I turn 50 next March.  Tho, if I'm honest, I never expected CN to last this long anyway.

13 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

This is 1000% accurate.  13 years is an eternity in this world.

I probably have you beat.  I turn 50 next March.  Tho, if I'm honest, I never expected CN to last this long anyway.

Yup, beat me. 47 going on 48 next February. Still do more work than multiple 20 year-olds, go figure.

Edited by Thrash

• 3 weeks later...

So, I was thinking about this very thing the other day.  You see, I started on this game in late 07 or early 08 (I don't really remember).  I quit last year.  In the decade or so of playing, I was a grunt in AAs, I jumped in on the ground floor of an AA and helped build it into something, I was government in AAs, I made friends and pissed people off.  Mostly the thing that was appealing about this game was the sense of community.

I started over last week.  I picked a new name and started a new nation.  

I missed the community (I stumbled across a couple of former players posting about other games on Youtube, which made me nostalgic, hence here I am).

So, the question for me would be, how do we re-establish the communities we once had? 

Let's face it, as a game, it sucks.  Long building cycles, with weak mechanics, blown away in days (or hours), when somebody punches down.  As a community, it was always so much fun.  Even the trolls on this forum (I am not using the word as a pejorative) helped with the communal aspect.  Where is that now?  I see the people who were major players the last time I was a noob player, and many of them are the only active people here.  The other active people here seem to be trolls (this time pejorative), who seek not to force communication, explanation, and transparency, but rather to push people out.  ****, now I'm rantting...sorry.

Edited by NinjaStealth
speleng is herd

7 hours ago, NinjaStealth said:

The other active people here seem to be trolls (this time pejorative), who seek not to force communication, explanation, and transparency, but rather to push people out.  ****, now I'm rantting...sorry.

You hit the nail on the head. I'm a 12+ year player being forced out.

46 minutes ago, Joseph Black said:

It's not near as dramatic as all that. You decided to join a loosing war. Take your licks and move on.

It wasn't a losing war when it was just NG vs FTW babycakes.

But, in my experience, when you're against over 50% of Bob with the leaders of the coalition not engaging with any form of dialogue - definitely feels like being forced out

5 minutes ago, Mogar said:

If this continues beyond the next month, anyone who is on OC's side has no interest in keeping this world alive.

OC don't want this world to be alive though.

They want everyone to die so they can grow their pixels in piece.

49 minutes ago, Stewie said:

OC don't want this world to be alive though.

They want everyone to die so they can grow their pixels in piece.

I would like to believe that raging against the dying light if the only option, choosing death is admitting to a weakness I couldn't rationalize as the controlling power and acknowledges that the world would beat them if they allowed politics to happen. That would be an extremely negative view to bring to other worlds.

12 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I would like to believe that raging against the dying light if the only option, choosing death is admitting to a weakness I couldn't rationalize as the controlling power and acknowledges that the world would beat them if they allowed politics to happen. That would be an extremely negative view to bring to other worlds.

Rage, Rage against the dying light 

11 hours ago, Stewie said:

It wasn't a losing war when it was just NG vs FTW babycakes.

But, in my experience, when you're against over 50% of Bob with the leaders of the coalition not engaging with any form of dialogue - definitely feels like being forced out

For an experienced player and a veteran leader you have your head in the clouds if you ever thought you were going to get to dictate the the nature of war on Bob. Its been this way since '06 and its not going to change. You can caterwaul in the IC forums, but come on man you had to know how it was going to play out.

Edited by Joseph Black

9 minutes ago, Joseph Black said:

For an experienced player and a veteran leader you have your head in the clouds if you ever thought you were going to get to dictate the the nature of war on Bob. Its been this way since '06 and its not going to change. You can caterwaul in the IC forums, but come on man you had to know how it was going to play out.

Last I checked asking to start dialogue is a far cry from dictating the nature of a war Joseph. 

4 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

Last I checked asking to start dialogue is a far cry from dictating the nature of a war Joseph. 

We're less than 6 months in, are you asking for unconditional surrender? Because unless thats your intention asking to enter and get white peace at your convenience is asking to dictate the nature of war.

Edited by Joseph Black

2 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

We're less than 6 months in, are you asking for unconditional surrender? Because unless thats your intention asking to enter and get white peace at your convenience is asking to dictate the nature of war.

IRON, NPO and ODN cant even keep all of us in War Mode let alone in anarchy.

They're embarrassing themselves...