Jump to content
jerdge

A Vision for CyberNations?

Recommended Posts

On 8/15/2019 at 6:52 PM, Rebel Virginia said:

 

Also, people need to once again learn to be dicks

Really? I don't see that as a problem for most people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 8:14 AM, kingzog said:

 

 

Well put.

 

I keep considering that the very youngest CN players I knew in 2006 are now in their late 20's. An average, college-aged player from 2006 is creeping up on 40. The 'external distractions' facing long-time players now are things like families, children and businesses, as opposed to final exams or finding that first post-graduation job.

 

EDIT: Even the Mods are too busy to pay attention most of the time. Once upon a time a person who posted without having a nation would find themselves banned within minutes.

This is 1000% accurate.  13 years is an eternity in this world.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, Thrash said:

Late 20's, lol. I'm approaching 50.

I probably have you beat.  I turn 50 next March.  Tho, if I'm honest, I never expected CN to last this long anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

This is 1000% accurate.  13 years is an eternity in this world.

I probably have you beat.  I turn 50 next March.  Tho, if I'm honest, I never expected CN to last this long anyway.

 

Yup, beat me. 47 going on 48 next February. Still do more work than multiple 20 year-olds, go figure.

Edited by Thrash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrash said:

 

Yup, beat me. 47 going on 48 next February. Still do more work than multiple 20 year-olds, go figure.

You and me both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 5:44 PM, jerdge said:

Activity modestly increased, why not seriously try envision the future of CN?

PcPwXuF.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I was thinking about this very thing the other day.  You see, I started on this game in late 07 or early 08 (I don't really remember).  I quit last year.  In the decade or so of playing, I was a grunt in AAs, I jumped in on the ground floor of an AA and helped build it into something, I was government in AAs, I made friends and pissed people off.  Mostly the thing that was appealing about this game was the sense of community.

 

I started over last week.  I picked a new name and started a new nation.  

 

I missed the community (I stumbled across a couple of former players posting about other games on Youtube, which made me nostalgic, hence here I am).

 

So, the question for me would be, how do we re-establish the communities we once had? 

 

Let's face it, as a game, it sucks.  Long building cycles, with weak mechanics, blown away in days (or hours), when somebody punches down.  As a community, it was always so much fun.  Even the trolls on this forum (I am not using the word as a pejorative) helped with the communal aspect.  Where is that now?  I see the people who were major players the last time I was a noob player, and many of them are the only active people here.  The other active people here seem to be trolls (this time pejorative), who seek not to force communication, explanation, and transparency, but rather to push people out.  ****, now I'm rantting...sorry.

Edited by NinjaStealth
speleng is herd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NinjaStealth said:

The other active people here seem to be trolls (this time pejorative), who seek not to force communication, explanation, and transparency, but rather to push people out.  ****, now I'm rantting...sorry.

 

You hit the nail on the head. I'm a 12+ year player being forced out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 4,485 days old (12 years 3 months) being forced out.

 

OH WELL.

Edited by Stewie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stewie said:

I'm 4,485 days old (12 years 3 months) being forced out.

 

OH WELL.

YOU NEWBIE

 

Nation Created: 2/13/2007 1:50:49 PM (4,629 days old)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 6:25 PM, Thrash said:

 

You hit the nail on the head. I'm a 12+ year player being forced out.

 

 It's not near as dramatic as all that. You decided to join a loosing war. Take your licks and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Joseph Black said:

 

 It's not near as dramatic as all that. You decided to join a loosing war. Take your licks and move on.

Can he take a bit of chatteringhoochee on the way out (not on) too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Joseph Black said:

 

 It's not near as dramatic as all that. You decided to join a loosing war. Take your licks and move on.

 

It wasn't a losing war when it was just NG vs FTW babycakes.

 

But, in my experience, when you're against over 50% of Bob with the leaders of the coalition not engaging with any form of dialogue - definitely feels like being forced out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this continues beyond the next month, anyone who is on OC's side has no interest in keeping this world alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mogar said:

If this continues beyond the next month, anyone who is on OC's side has no interest in keeping this world alive.

 

OC don't want this world to be alive though.

 

They want everyone to die so they can grow their pixels in piece.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stewie said:

 

OC don't want this world to be alive though.

 

They want everyone to die so they can grow their pixels in piece.

 

I would like to believe that raging against the dying light if the only option, choosing death is admitting to a weakness I couldn't rationalize as the controlling power and acknowledges that the world would beat them if they allowed politics to happen. That would be an extremely negative view to bring to other worlds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I would like to believe that raging against the dying light if the only option, choosing death is admitting to a weakness I couldn't rationalize as the controlling power and acknowledges that the world would beat them if they allowed politics to happen. That would be an extremely negative view to bring to other worlds.

 

 

Rage, Rage against the dying light 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mogar said:

If this continues beyond the next month, anyone who is on OC's side has no interest in keeping this world alive.

 

removed non-essential phrase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

 

 It's not near as dramatic as all that. You decided to join a loosing war. Take your licks and move on.

 

not so fast buddy, for sure they decided to join a tighting war

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stewie said:

 

It wasn't a losing war when it was just NG vs FTW babycakes.

 

But, in my experience, when you're against over 50% of Bob with the leaders of the coalition not engaging with any form of dialogue - definitely feels like being forced out

 

For an experienced player and a veteran leader you have your head in the clouds if you ever thought you were going to get to dictate the the nature of war on Bob. Its been this way since '06 and its not going to change. You can caterwaul in the IC forums, but come on man you had to know how it was going to play out.

Edited by Joseph Black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Joseph Black said:

 

For an experienced player and a veteran leader you have your head in the clouds if you ever thought you were going to get to dictate the the nature of war on Bob. Its been this way since '06 and its not going to change. You can caterwaul in the IC forums, but come on man you had to know how it was going to play out.


Last I checked asking to start dialogue is a far cry from dictating the nature of a war Joseph. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kerschbs said:


Last I checked asking to start dialogue is a far cry from dictating the nature of a war Joseph. 
 

 

We're less than 6 months in, are you asking for unconditional surrender? Because unless thats your intention asking to enter and get white peace at your convenience is asking to dictate the nature of war.

Edited by Joseph Black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

*muffled noises*

 

No one can hear you over the sounds of FTW being the worst alliance ever (sorry, GATO).

Try again when you are able to fight a war on your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joseph Black said:

 

We're less than 6 months in, are you asking for unconditional surrender? Because unless thats your intention asking to enter and get white peace at your convenience is asking to dictate the nature of war.

 

IRON, NPO and ODN cant even keep all of us in War Mode let alone in anarchy.

 

They're embarrassing themselves...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...