Broadcasting live from The Garden of the Numb

1 minute ago, James Spanier said:

I know it's difficult to believe, but sometimes waiting and taking time to organize a coordinated response will get you better results 

Yeah, waiting for over 75% of Planet Bob definitely got you the results you wanted. 

Some of us don't have that luxury but hey, it's a rich man's world.

12 minutes ago, King Cyan said:

Sounds like a yes to GK's question then!

If we operate at the most basic surface level, sure, enjoy the rhetorical victory. Maybe y'all should have my gold star for the outrageous success in ground floor views of situations, I wish I was so easily satisfied with myself.

14 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

Yeah, waiting for over 75% of Planet Bob definitely got you the results you wanted. 

Some of us don't have that luxury but hey, it's a rich man's world.

Remember that time you said if you weren't so tired you would have "changed course" on the war but it was too late because you had already given the orders and it was apparently impossible to send follow up or make like an alliance announcement? That was the luxury you had. At the very least you could have brought Kashmir in on their own "defense" instead of them having to go through a regime change and join in support of COBRA a week later, which is by nature of the statement not defensive. But no, snap decisions with no planning are the only option, luxury or not apparently.

11 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

I wish I was so easily satisfied with myself.

You are when someone is sucking up to you it seems.

Lowsten-being-petty.png

3 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

But no, snap decisions with no planning are the only option, luxury or not apparently.

Impulsive loyalty may have gotten me into a number of curbstomps but I have no regrets. If a homie gets decked out in front of me, I sure as hell won't run and plan an ambush, boi I'm swinging right there and then.

10 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

You are when someone is sucking up to you it seems.

Lowsten-being-petty.png

Impulsive loyalty may have gotten me into a number of curbstomps but I have no regrets. If a homie gets decked out in front of me, I sure as hell won't run and plan an ambush, boi I'm swinging right there and then.

I like how you pull out a two month old log to try and compare your self indulgent rhetorical victory to my repaying a compliment I got about my hat to someone who got the reference on it and provided good service. Why did you even have that saved/remember it enough to go find it?

As for the two extremes of snap decision making vs planned responses, sure, I can respect a willingness to assist an ally or friend no questions asked no matter the odds. However I'm also one to realize that that isn't always the solution that provides the best result for said ally or friend. What is better, actually helping someone or hurting them to show your affection? Maybe for Kashmir and COBRA the bond is so tight that getting rolled together because one made a unilateral decision to just makes the bond stronger, in which case you made the call right by them I guess, but I for one strive to achieve the best outcome for my own allies and friends rather than gain immediate gratification.

13 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

gain immediate gratification.

It's never been about how I feel afterwards. 

🎭 This is how we choose to play the game because some of us are wired that way, just how you're wired to consider your options thoroughly and make objective decisions.

21 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

I like how you pull out a two month old log to try and compare your self indulgent rhetorical victory to my repaying a compliment I got about my hat to someone who got the reference on it and provided good service. Why did you even have that saved/remember it enough to go find it?

As for the two extremes of snap decision making vs planned responses, sure, I can respect a willingness to assist an ally or friend no questions asked no matter the odds. However I'm also one to realize that that isn't always the solution that provides the best result for said ally or friend. What is better, actually helping someone or hurting them to show your affection? Maybe for Kashmir and COBRA the bond is so tight that getting rolled together because one made a unilateral decision to just makes the bond stronger, in which case you made the call right by them I guess, but I for one strive to achieve the best outcome for my own allies and friends rather than gain immediate gratification.

And maybe we'll see something soon that does in fact benefit our allies who have had a rather fun 6 months of bashing your collective heads in with us. Like you said; it's about the friends you make along the way and I've made a good few friends since coming back and joining the General's merry band of pillagers.

15 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

It's never been about how I feel afterwards. 

🎭 This is how we choose to play the game because some of us are wired that way, just how you're wired to consider your options thoroughly and make objective decisions.

Fair enough, glad we could agree that neither option is inherently wrong.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

And maybe we'll see something soon that does in fact benefit our allies who have had a rather fun 6 months of bashing your collective heads in with us. Like you said; it's about the friends you make along the way and I've made a good few friends since coming back and joining the General's merry band of pillagers.

We can only hope.

3 hours ago, James Spanier said:

I for one strive to achieve the best outcome for my own allies and friends rather than gain immediate gratification.

Your own protectorates ran off and didn’t even tell you

19 hours ago, James Spanier said:

Because its !@#$@#$ cringe and about as believable as "and then everyone clapped."

2 hours ago, Tankobite said:

Because its !@#$@#$ cringe and about as believable as "and then everyone clapped."

By all means, you can ask @Salmia since it was at a lunch with her. Sorry I triggered you by having disposable income that I use on things that aren't narcotics or scratch offs I guess?

First of all, @James Spanier, that hat of yours is atrocious. But how is complimenting a hat same to blind loyalty? I have been curbstomped many times, and I didn't always agree with it, but no matter what happens, once war starts, you're obligated to honor your treaties unless it is a suicidal way to go out. Also, people complimenting others, recognizing them on a human level that they're human is one of the simplest things anyone can do. A compliment that wasn't needed, it was a simple exchange of human goodwill. The recognition of as we go on in our daily lives, we have intersections and pleasant interactions with others who also share our world. 

Blind loyalty never helped anyone but if it comes to a fight, I will kick down whoever is hitting my friend and then tell my friend how stupid they are. But only if the fight is in front of me. But to argue that in this day and age that anyone cares about legitimate CBs, well that time and day is far over.

P.S. finding random quotes about random things is a very nice ad hominem attack. Maybe actually stick to your points.   

15 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

By all means, you can ask @Salmia since it was at a lunch with her. Sorry I triggered you by having disposable income that I use on things that aren't narcotics or scratch offs I guess?

Actually, she did provide photographic evidence it happened.

Pictured here is Spanier with said hat.
hqdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, Salmia said:

First of all, @James Spanier, that hat of yours is atrocious.

How dare you.

5 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

hqdefault.jpg

Nice meme, I believe Salajol made the same joke though so you only get a 6.5 out of 10.

17 minutes ago, Tankobite said:

hqdefault.jpg

Leave me out of your ad hominem attacks that have no legitimate basis and still aren't doing much to your original point.

P.S. his actual hat is much uglier than that. 

4 minutes ago, Salmia said:

Leave me out of your ad hominem attacks that have no legitimate basis and still aren't doing much to your original point.

P.S. his actual hat is much uglier than that. 

My original point is that it was cringy and neckbeardy. He brought you into it.

3 hours ago, Salmia said:

P.S. finding random quotes about random things is a very nice ad hominem attack. Maybe actually stick to your points.   

Are you new here?

3 hours ago, Salmia said:

Blind loyalty never helped anyone but if it comes to a fight, I will kick down whoever is hitting my friend and then tell my friend how stupid they are. But only if the fight is in front of me. But to argue that in this day and age that anyone cares about legitimate CBs, well that time and day is far over.

Exactly 0 seconds before we defend our allies, that's how we've always done it.

My original point being that it took RFI well over 5 months  to counter NG (who were openly hostile, if not completely active) and they only did so when Oculus did it.

1 minute ago, General Kanabis said:

Are you new here?

Exactly 0 seconds before we defend our allies, that's how we've always done it.

My original point being that it took RFI well over 5 months  to counter NG (who were openly hostile, if not completely active) and they only did so when Oculus did it.

They cant do anything without us, isnt that why they are so tied to us.

@James Spanier you seem to be conflating two issues that are unrelated.

The peaceful transfer of power is a hallmark of civilized peoples, and in Kashmir's case this was exactly that, neither predicated by nor making more dangerous the...excitement which started around that same time.

And with regard to said excitement, you seem to think that a chance to push the red button in defense of homies is somehow to be measured against, I don't know, "consequences." Right is right, and while some here say they all roll together, Kashmir honors its friends and gladly rolls when rolling is called for.

Plus I mean after all this stasis, it's been great to get back to the lukz.  And we've been having plenty, so thanks for that.