Jump to content

Disposal of Caustic Elements and Hazardous Materials


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Master Hakai said:

uh what


Useful links for better understanding:

https://study.com/academy/popular/how-to-pass-english-101.html

https://www.dictionary.com/

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kick_against_the_pricks

I am making dual use of the phrase.. I'm somewhat subtly implying in self-derogative humor that those of us in power are a bunch of pricks. Truly, that term has so many meanings that.. the usage above leaves open for many interesting interpretations.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:


Useful links for better understanding:

https://study.com/academy/popular/how-to-pass-english-101.html

https://www.dictionary.com/

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kick_against_the_pricks

I am making dual use of the phrase.. I'm somewhat subtly implying in self-derogative humor that those of us in power are a bunch of pricks. Truly, that term has so many meanings that.. the usage above leaves open for many interesting interpretations.

 

 

Your intentional verbosity is as dull as it is uninspired.

 

Please stop trying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:


Useful links for better understanding:

https://study.com/academy/popular/how-to-pass-english-101.html

https://www.dictionary.com/

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kick_against_the_pricks

I am making dual use of the phrase.. I'm somewhat subtly implying in self-derogative humor that those of us in power are a bunch of pricks. Truly, that term has so many meanings that.. the usage above leaves open for many interesting interpretations.

 

Pardon me kindly, I from another planet am and neither of the light-highed wordings in your post matches my humble understand of the Englisch.

 

What does may "self-derogative" mean?  I once near the rings of Saturn saw a radio wave go by which carried wording such like "Self-deprecating" and "derogatory," and thusly wonder I whether maybe some phoneme-sound pieces crashed together, hmm?

 

Nextly I am sure my off-world diction and grammar match not those of yourselv, but mightily do I struggle to discern (my new wording this fine day!) the full meaning of your final phrase.  I see the subject, verb, and a predicate phrase, but think do I that there is a missing word or few.  Precifically, what does the usage leave open?  On Jupiter such a construction (although expressed telepathically) would contain either: a reflexive "itself", in which case the preposition "for" might humbly respeak as "to;" or an alternate optional noun between the adjective "open" and self-said above preposition "for."  But you know those Jovians, they are so jovial and hard to pin down!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lex Quintus said:

 

Pardon me kindly, I from another planet am and neither of the light-highed wordings in your post matches my humble understand of the Englisch.

 

What does may "self-derogative" mean?  I once near the rings of Saturn saw a radio wave go by which carried wording such like "Self-deprecating" and "derogatory," and thusly wonder I whether maybe some phoneme-sound pieces crashed together, hmm?

 

Nextly I am sure my off-world diction and grammar match not those of yourselv, but mightily do I struggle to discern (my new wording this fine day!) the full meaning of your final phrase.  I see the subject, verb, and a predicate phrase, but think do I that there is a missing word or few.  Precifically, what does the usage leave open?  On Jupiter such a construction (although expressed telepathically) would contain either: a reflexive "itself", in which case the preposition "for" might humbly respeak as "to;" or an alternate optional noun between the adjective "open" and self-said above preposition "for."  But you know those Jovians, they are so jovial and hard to pin down!

 

Whoa there buddy, be careful when you ascertain the true usage of vocabulary and words to someone with a slow mind that will certainly be passed on in greater severity to any progeny he hatches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  1. Quote
    1. /ˈdeprəkādiNG/
    1. adjective
    2.  
      1. expressing disapproval; disapproving.
      2. "he sniffed in a deprecating way"
    1. Deprecating

 

  1. Quote
    1. /dəˈräɡəˌtôrē/
    1. adjective
    2. adjective: derogatory
      1. showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.
    1. Derogatory


I submit to you that my usage is more accurate than you surmise. Self-deprecating would imply I'm expressing disapproval. I am not.

Derogatory means critical and disrespectful.. which I am.. but not out of disapproval. Whose usage is accurate?

Lysergide has vocabulary envy.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:
 
  1.  

 

  1.  


I submit to you that my usage is more accurate than you surmise. Self-deprecating would imply I'm expressing disapproval. I am not.

Derogatory means critical and disrespectful.. which I am.. but not out of disapproval. Whose usage is accurate?

Lysergide has vocabulary envy.

 

That word, self-deprecating, I don't think it means what you think it means.

 

And whereas derogatory does indeed mean critical and disrespectful, it's not a word that's used in a construction with "self-".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lex Quintus said:

That word, self-deprecating, I don't think it means what you think it means.

 

And whereas derogatory does indeed mean critical and disrespectful, it's not a word that's used in a construction with "self-".


You imply it's impossible to more genuinely insult yourself. My intent was not puritan humor. I intended something a bit darker than deprecation, and thus the word selection.

Self.. as a prefix, can be placed before many an adjective or gerund to redirect the subject to the self. Perhaps you would have preferred me to state it in this manner: "I intended to deride myself with this joke beyond mere simple deprecation." That my cynicism leans more towards being genuine than simple humor.

It also indicates that I am so bored of what is being rehashed as criticism of us that I attempted to make a mockery of it in order to exemplify how absurdly terrible it has become. I felt the need to insult us to carry for the rest of you.

Also.. that last passive-aggressive propagandist punchline took a page of your collaborative efforts to come by, so thank you for participating, even if it did completely fly over some of your heads.

Eye am very amused.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

 

See? Uninspired bluster through and through.

 

That's the Pacifican way!


.... but you were the inspiration.. 

Oooohh.. I understand now.. you're being self-deprecating.. ha-ha.

Or.. were you being unintentionally self-derogatory. *Enters philoso-raptor pose.*

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

 

Your alliance makes Legion look effective in war by comparison.  FTW's war output is the worst I have ever seen in my 12 years in this world.  It is beyond awful, how much bloat and dead weight you have.  You know you were screwed if NPO and friends didn't come in to save you.  I want to know why you think anyone will see reason to keep you around after this.


HeroofTime55's nation:
https://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=418916
12 years, only 2.9 mil casualites
https://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=418916&Extended=1
No aid slots used
https://www.cybernations.net/nation_activity.asp?Nation_ID=418916
No votes

You should worry about your own nation and alliance more. Where is your fire for that? I think you're just jealous. xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:
Lysergide has vocabulary envy.

 

Vocabulary envy? Doubtful, Lex has schooled you well enough in the use of vocabulary. This is his arena, you are just the weirdo that pretends to be a dragon while trying to rub two brain cells together to attempt to seem smart. Try not to strain yourself too hard, I would hate to see a blood vessel pop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lysergide said:

 

Vocabulary envy? Doubtful, Lex has schooled you well enough in the use of vocabulary. This is his arena, you are just the weirdo that pretends to be a dragon while trying to rub two brain cells together to attempt to seem smart. Try not to strain yourself too hard, I would hate to see a blood vessel pop.


Same ole.. same ole.. someone is out of material.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:


More rehashing... totally stale... I mean c'mon. 

 

I know you got nothing to say because you can't argue with the truth. Sad really at this point, you must have burned the last good synaptic connection trying to argue with Lex earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lysergide said:

I know you got nothing to say because you can't argue with the truth. Sad really at this point, you must have burned the last good synaptic connection trying to argue with Lex earlier.


I know, it's awful isn't it. It's like some child got behind the keyboard and just started typing random doodles back to you to prompt you to say something annoying. I make rocks look smart!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Maelstrom Vortex said:


I know, it's awful isn't it. It's like some child got behind the keyboard and just started typing random doodles back to you to prompt you to say something annoying. I make rocks look smart!

 

I am glad you are finally accepting your lot in life. I mean based on the standards you have exposed yourself to in other realms it is rather quite obvious. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:


Watch out, I heard it's contagious.

 

Only to those that you pass your genetics to through procreation, it would be made worse if the person you mated with was also of poor genetic stock as well.

Edited by Lysergide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kingzog said:

This banter sucks. Both of you should be ashamed.


Meh. He has nothing else to do with his life but to bother someone so I gave him someone to bother who literally is uncaring of his dialogue.

I figure he can be the figurehead for why his affiliates need utterly annihilated.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...