Disposal of Caustic Elements and Hazardous Materials

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Oh, DeathAdder, you poor little failure.  I'll let you know why I'm here.  It's because NG hitting FTW was hilarious, and all of you detected fun being had, and decided you had to try and stop it.  This is proven in multiple posts in this thread, with a leak from Canik and White Chocolate openly professing that they want the world boring and war-free.  The only people driving people out are people with that attitude.  You are the ones who have killed this world and driven out more people than anyone going rogue could possibly dream of.  Besides having an admin who long ago stopped giving a !@#$, that's the second biggest reason for decline.  Boring, washed up nobodies and failed leaders who somehow found themselves next in line after everyone with balls or skill have left, and who want to hold on to spreadsheet stats above all else.  Long ago, this game was amazing, leaders were legendary in stature, we went to war and engaged in meaningful politics and it was glorious.  Nowadays, you have made not only war pointless, but politics itself pointless, because it's either tether yourself to the power structure or have no hope of a future.  The game is dead, and it is cowards and pixel-huggers like you who caused it.  We are below 3,000 nations because of cowards like you.

So, that's just a long winded version of you admitting that, no, you aren't going to do anything.

I could say I'm disappointed, but, it's expected/10.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

And you have been at the top of the chain since the game's creation. Still a pretty valid correlation, your presence = decline

There does look to be a brief spike in July '09, funnily enough that's when the Karma War happened and forced you to adopt some humility in order to survive. That's long gone now.

Are you talking about the clusters of nation creation that seem pretty consistent right up until 2012 as the "brief spike" in July of 2009, among overall decline?

I mean, the graph is pretty simple to read, so, having a hard time believing you're not intelligent enough to grasp a basic chart.

"We decline when you don't bother with us, Pacifica! Help the community!"

-Gets shown a chart-

"We have declined when you actively participate, Pacifica, go away!"

^ Your talking points.

At least stay consistent, Johnny.

Edited by DeathAdder

5 hours ago, King Cyan said:

Seems you've got me confused for someone else there.

1)That war got peaced out IIRC.  I personally wasn't around Non Grata for that at the time here.   
I said "this time around," so I don't really know how that's relevant here now, unless that first war vs IRON is also supposed to be part of the CB here too somehow.  I'm here for Round 2 vs IRON now though!

You're free to think that, but if you at least choose to reply to a "troll," then it shouldn't be too hard to answer
their questions, right?  I don't think that question was too hard to answer either.

Thinking and knowing are still two different things.

2) Clearly this whole thing is way, way more than some trumped up "poaching" charge.  Didn't Non Grata do way more for NPO pre-Oculus than help stop some microgues, if that's what's being implied?  Pretty messed up way to repay them, if you ask me; some people having disagreeable attitudes doesn't change that. 

Either way I'm down to spar you guys too!  I'm actually getting some decent fights from NPO, and that's way more than I can say for FTW.

1) Yes that is part of one CB as stated in the OP. Like we have said countless times it is a number of violations against our coalition and allies that has led to this. It's taken 6 CB's for us to act, we have looked the other way for too long.

2) You can simply look at what NG has done in isolation, however NG have rogued out on IRON and ODN since they disbanded, and you expect both of those to somehow repay them? Is respect a one way street?

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

1) Yes that is part of one CB as stated in the OP. Like we have said countless times it is a number of violations against our coalition and allies that has led to this. It's taken 6 CB's for us to act, we have looked the other way for too long.

Because you're a bunch of pixel hugging cowards.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

2) You can simply look at what NG has done in isolation, however NG have rogued out on IRON and ODN since they disbanded, and you expect both of those to somehow repay them? Is respect a one way street?

We never disbanded, Caustic retired NG..

Well guess what babycakes.  I came out of retirement.  Non Grata is back.

Some clarification,

We didn't rogue out on ODN and IRON. We paid IRON back for utterly !@#$@#$ us (their MD ally) over. Last I checked, they sold you guys in NPO out too that war. You expect us to forget? Nah.

And ODN was Osravan only. He knows why that hit happened.

But please, continue to spin things like only NPO knows how to do. Like how my "threats" against IRON recently were completely out of the blue and not at all related to direct intel I got that IRON was planning on hitting us directly? Get out lol.

10 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Because you're a bunch of pixel hugging cowards.

We never disbanded, Caustic retired NG..

Well guess what babycakes.  I came out of retirement.  Non Grata is back.

I'll add that to the dictionary description of being at war with Non Grata.

You didn't disband, is just like saying this is a conflict and not a war....

Good for you. I am sure you will enjoy the daily spy ops and Nuke tactic until you are out of cash. 

2 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

"We decline when you don't bother with us, Pacifica! Help the community!"

-Gets shown a chart-

"We have declined when you actively participate, Pacifica, go away!"

^ Your talking points.

At least stay consistent, Johnny.

Lol that you think your current actions are 'helping the community' in any altruistic sense- sure your presence after years of inertia has brought some life into this world but your involvement only serves as a means to return us back to that state of inertia. Your government is populated entirely by people with an abject hatred for any activity here because it's hard work and you're too busy juggling colonies to lead either one effectively.

I was pointing out a correlation between your dominance of the game and its decline, as well as the increase in activity when you were no longer top dog.

Your approach to war is that you never truly set yourselves up for a challenge, and when there is a challenge (like Karma) you hide. This discourages most from bothering to participate or take risks when they know you will always hedge your bets with the winning side.

You're like an obnoxious sports fan that changes which team they support depending on who is winning the season. Now don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with a degree of self-preservation but if that is literally all you exist for then that is a problem. When everything fell to pieces with NPO's attempt to roll OV/VE with TORN back in Karma, you fled to peace mode when it started looking like you were actually going to lose for once, to save yourselves from the consequences of your actions rather than sucking it up and eating it like the rest of us do.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

6 minutes ago, Stewie said:

PZI then

Still wrong, just clarified you also don't know what PZI actually is.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Lol that you think your current actions are 'helping the community' in any altruistic sense- sure your presence after years of inertia has brought some life into this world but your involvement only serves as a means to return us back to that state of inertia. Your government is populated entirely by people with an abject hatred for any activity here because it's hard work and you're too busy juggling colonies to lead either one effectively.

I was pointing out a correlation between your dominance of the game and its decline, as well as the increase in activity when you were no longer top dog.

Your approach to war is that you never truly set yourselves up for a challenge, and when there is a challenge (like Karma) you hide. This discourages most from bothering to participate or take risks when they know you will always hedge your bets with the winning side.

You're like an obnoxious sports fan that changes which team they support depending on who is winning the season. Now don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with a degree of self-preservation but if that is literally all you exist for then that is a problem. When everything fell to pieces with NPO's attempt to roll OV/VE with TORN back in Karma, you fled to peace mode when it started looking to save yourselves from the consequences of your actions rather than sucking it up and eating it like the rest of us do.

What increase in activity? Literally, the World slowly died after Karma.

Even with a chart, you still try to pull imaginary activity out of a hat, without any substantial proof it existed.

MK took over the hegemonic gap that NPO left.

The World struggled to topple them, continued to decline in the process, and then just GAVE UP doing anything after EQ.

They didn't even manage to actually topple MK. It was JUST MK burning all of their political bridges that forced an internal collapse.

Edited by DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, Stewie said:

PZI then

Not that either. Once we have met our war goals, NG can surrender. I mean if you want out of it sooner NG as a whole can invest all your warchest's in Infra and let us destroy it, that will quicken our objectives. I hazard a guess you'll be happy to keep fighting as we are though.

34 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

The World struggled to topple them, continued to decline in the process, and then just GAVE UP doing anything after EQ.

They didn't even manage to actually topple MK. It was JUST MK burning all of their political bridges that forced an internal collapse.

We had the largest coalition in political history developed for EQ and NPO betrayed the rest of the coalition by forcing an early peace to immediately ally Umbrella, who was the primary target from anyone who was not NPO. Allowing such a disgusting level of inflation has lead to the point we have nations which can lose 30k infra in a single round of war.

You want people to do something? Cancel Oc and keep your MD treaties with FTW and IRON.

I am certain there are plenty willing to help take out the trash you have collected over the years.

7 minutes ago, Mogar said:

We had the largest coalition in political history developed for EQ and NPO betrayed the rest of the coalition by forcing an early peace to immediately ally Umbrella, who was the primary target from anyone who was not NPO. Allowing such a disgusting level of inflation has lead to the point we have nations which can lose 30k infra in a single round of war.

The largest coalition you assembled were also too lazy to even keep it actually going. Tron disappeared on day two, after boasting that AI would be the death of Umbrella, and Umbrella set their top tiers on fire. And guess who had to end up leading it because no one else wanted to? NPO.

You want people to do something? Cancel Oc and keep your MD treaties with FTW and IRON.

It's you kids who are yelling about nothing happening. IRON and NPO both have internal communities that we routinely ignore you for.

What would be your excuse when you failed to do anything then?

am certain there are plenty willing to help take out the trash you have collected over the years.

We're waiting.

Keep running your mouth like the ineffectual nothing that you are, Mogar.

Edited by DeathAdder

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not that either. Once we have met our war goals, NG can surrender. I mean if you want out of it sooner NG as a whole can invest all your warchest's in Infra and let us destroy it, that will quicken our objectives. I hazard a guess you'll be happy to keep fighting as we are though.

So are we a band of rogues, or are we an alliance? Y'all can't seem to keep your stories straight around here. 

6 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

We're waiting.

Keep running your mouth like the ineffectual nothing that you are, Mogar.

Better watch out with that inflated ego of yours, your head might pop off and float into the clouds.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Opportunism at its finest!

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Repay an attacker?  Of course not.  But respect would be expected from other parties by the minding of their own business, but since apparently Non Grata is such a threat then I guess that can't be helped!

On 8/2/2019 at 11:21 PM, Tevron said:

At long last, our adventurers had culled the goblin horde. And yet, the goblins continued to fight, unwilling to surrender after their pitiful attack. In all likelihood, peace between the party and goblins was nearly in order. The Chieftain of the goblins died, his corpse having vanished, unrecovered after a particularly nasty fireball from the mouth of Argent. Their new chieftain, although foreign in name and strange in decorum seemed to be more willing to negotiate than the last messenger. 

Together, the leaders of both factions sat beside a cozy fire in the largest tent the goblinoids could muster. The evening had gone well in large part, the party only having drank almost all the alcohol the goblinoids had left. The party and the goblinoid chieftain deliberated together, and as Ave Legio, Gato Thundercloud of the Mountain Tree and Drakenai the Dwarf, actually a short half-orc/half-drow, wandered out of the tent together, a strange sound filled the ravaged, misty landscape. The scene they strode by could be described as beautiful. The moonlight shattered into the fog at curious angles, bending the light into shades of rusty and earthy tones. As they made their way across the remains of the goblinoid village, they spoke of whether they could trust the strange new chieftains words. They were divided on the issue, but it seemed the goblins grievances may yet be buriable.

“GRGLRLGLGGRRRR”

Ave Legio and Gato Thundercloud drew their weapons, and Drakenai started speaking a language more ancient than even the Tabaxi beside him. The strange sound grew still louder. More familiar sounds of goblinoid chatter erupted a few meters in front of the friends as goblin-sling rocks whizzed by their heads. Ave Legio rushed into dense darkness, shouting as his blade flared with magical light, “More goblins, we were set up!” Gato Thundercloud rushed in to join her stalwart friend, her trident ready for its next victims. Drakenai frowned. His incantation was still drawing its power in, and the disturbing noise didn’t seem to be coming from the goblin attack. 

What treachery is this?

“KRRGRGRGGRGGGG”

A zombified goblin lunged out of the darkness at Drakenai, it was a familiar face, though much rotted from the decay of death. “Kroggabis!?”

The recently deceased chieftain of the goblins tried to bite down on Drakenai’s free arm, but his esoteric spellcraft knew its mark and otherworldly tendrils tore into Kroggabis’ putrid flesh. The reek of the zombie-goblin nearly made Drakenai vomit. The zombified Kroggabis lay on the ground, dead yet again. Even so, something felt off. 

Argent burst from the tent, appearing as the balding wizard he used often when he needed a disguise. Negative energy filled the air. 

“Could it be?” the dragon said, tugging his silver beard.

“What is it?” asked Sylvia “Claws” Bundy as she stepped out of the tent and drew her shortbow.

Argent’s eyes tighten with a focus beyond any mortals comprehension, and he spoke with a passion equal to his knowledge. “Before you or Drakenai were even born, there was a mildly dangerous and relevant necromancer that frequently terrorized the Chestnut Knights and even aspired to wipe the Titian Kingdoms off the map. He never succeeded, but rumors were that he died in recent years. His activities had largely ceased after his last squabble. But, this energy, it can only be him!”
Sylvia Bundy loosed an arrow at the first zombie-goblin to emerge from the thick fog.

She asked, “Who is it?”

“Mordant.”

“Ah, I know him by another name, the Persona Non Grata.”

They followed the source of dark psychic energy to a dilapidated village. Broken windmills and poorly tended wild tulips sprung out from the low hills that surrounded the once thriving land. Wisps of fog skittered and whirled across the muddy ground.

The party came prepared. Necromancy was not to be trifled with. Although not especially dangerous magic, it’d been known to run amok from time to time and any conflict to slay Mordant may very well stretch into weeks, months, or even years. It had already been two weeks since the run in with Kroggabis’s reanimated corpse and they’d met their fare share of zombies along the way. Drakenai seemed to be their target, and he had taken the brunt of their assaults but slain every undead along the way with meticulous efficiency. Their two comrades, Sir Newton Irenic and Sir Feroxeous.

“It's great to fight alongside you again, old friend. It's been years." Gato said.

Sir Newton Irenic stood nearly seven feet tall. The red haired veteran stretched his well toned arms against his claymore. He smiled, certainty the sole expression on his stubbled face, "When order is threatened, I answer. My vow is to wipe chaos from our plane forever."

The copper Dragonborn beside him, Sir Feroxeous, smiled toothily. "Not to mention that bastard messed with Drakenai.” He patted his friend on the shoulder.

"Yeah, the zombies keep showing up at my doorstep. Normally it wouldn't be an issue..." the warlock smiled with murder in his eyes as he spoke.

"But the horde has grown stronger," Ave Legio said, pointing toward the figures in the distance, gathered in front of the remains of a temple.

“I was going to say it’s been four months already,” the half orc chuckled.

“Adminimus above, are you serious?” Ave shook his head in disdain.

“To be fair, the initial attacks were so wimpy I didn’t even realize it was necromancy. A few highwaymen tried to waylay me, I figured it was just the regular sort of banditry...” Drakenai pointed to the symbol on his shoulder, the sign of his patrons -- the Wolf and Dragon, and continued “...but then just before I slew them, they started making disgusting gurgling noises and said I stole their insignia. I figured it was just a curious death rattle and finished them off.”

“But when I trailed Mordant to his hideaway here I learned the truth. He’s gone mad, obsessed over his own gods and a need for goblin worship. He’s bribing them, but I don’t know to what end,” Sylvia said. She gestured to the grizzled veteran, “I followed Mordant through the of Coralica where I ran into our friend, he was already on his way to strike down the necromancer.”

Sir Newton nodded. "Indeed, Mordant has been raiding my lands graveyards to bolster his forces. To think we were once allies and friends.”

“Not to mention he attacked my people not many moons ago as well,” the towering Sir Feroxeous said.

“We about ready?” Argent said, attempting to lay flat to hide his enormous frame.

“Can’t we take a long rest first?”

The temple’s protectors were former villagers, no issue for the combined might of our heroes and their valiant allies. They descended swiftly into the crypt, the new arrivals leading the charge, following the stench of Mordant’s magic with their holy might… [To be continued...]

I would love a character to player guide for this story, Gato Thundercloud for instance? Is that the leader of GATO or is that the GATO collective? Trans Al Bundy is obvious and I got that Canik is the dwarf who didn't take care of the undead when he should have because he underestimated them.  Ave Legio is obviously Legion, that was great, how annoyed they were by the whole situation. I feel like that was almost too on the nose but Tevron, you are much wittier than I think people credit. I feel like Lowsten as Argent should have popped out and added a witty and on point comment to the ongoing conversation in order to be more realistic.

This is where being a noob is hard, I am not sure who a lot of these people are and I feel like it takes away from my appreciation. However, this gem got lost in so many replies. Tevron, please write part two, I want to see what the dwarf does with his new friends and how the quest ends.

3 minutes ago, King Cyan said:

Opportunism at its finest!

Repay an attacker?  Of course not.  But respect would be expected from other parties by the minding of their own business, but since apparently Non Grata is such a threat then I guess that can't be helped!

Not exactly. We could have hit you due to any of those CB's with the same end result. You poked the bear once too many and forced us to act.

Then maybe Non Grata should have minded our business and we would not be here in this situation. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Just now, DeathAdder said:

We're not the ones who have come up with ~8 or so different conspiracy theories for why the place has died.

There is no conspiracy theory on why the game has died in popularity. People were here for war, wars started slowing, people lost interest so they left. Then as the wars started getting further and further apart people couldn't be bothered to login anymore. This is a war game after all, not a stat collection game. 

6 minutes ago, Lysergide said:

There is no conspiracy theory on why the game has died in popularity. People were here for war, wars started slowing, people lost interest so they left. Then as the wars started getting further and further apart people couldn't be bothered to login anymore. This is a war game after all, not a stat collection game. 

Except people were leaving when wars were still a regular event, but no one wants to try to explain why that is the case if war was the only thing keeping people here.

18 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Except people were leaving when wars were still a regular event, but no one wants to try to explain why that is the case if war was the only thing keeping people here.

Some left because they were run out of the game by your alliance, others left after their revenge had been completed during Karma. Then the decline began because the seasonal wars had ended then the interest of having to wait a year between each war was well beyond their scope of playing this game. Motivation drew people to stay, the motivation was gone so they just stopped logging in.

6 minutes ago, Lysergide said:

Some left because they were run out of the game by your alliance, others left after their revenge had been completed during Karma. Then the decline began because the seasonal wars had ended then the interest of having to wait a year between each war was well beyond their scope of playing this game. Motivation drew people to stay, the motivation was gone so they just stopped logging in.

The decline, as shown by the charts, literally started in Oct-Nov of '06 and continued on a steady trend down... If it was player interaction, or a lack thereof, then it wouldn't have continued at a near steady pace. You would instead see rises and dips as wars broke out and ended.

Bob has literally been bleeding out nations nine to ten months after it began. Only during the first eight months did you have actual positive population gain.

Edited by DeathAdder