Soldiers coming out of my population

Darby Crash

Supposedly, as stated in the information index and wiki of the game, soldiers are hired as foreign mercenaries, and are not to come out of your working population. Well, that's happening to me. I'd do a calculation to make sure that my soldier count barely stays below 80% of my population, and when I buy the soldiers required to achieve that, my working citizens count comes out lower than it initially was, causing my population to be uncomfortable. This bug has caused me to lose nearly all my 2,000,000 trying to fix it (I'm a new nation btw). Any purchase that can increase population and happiness, I've pretty much done. None worked, and infrastructure and repurchasing soldiers was the biggest toll in my economy. Now my bills are barely lower than my income and I have almost no !@#$@#$ money. I've also tried changing my policies to see if that'll work, it didnt, it just made purchasing soldiers even more expensive. Does someone have an explanation? And if not, can I get my !@#$@#$ money back?

Hello and welcome to this game.

When you buy soldiers your total population increases, which (negatively) affects your environment, which decreases your population (working citizens) count. It's not a bug, it's working as intended. There are many hidden features and tricks in CN's economic tweaking and optimization.

That said, an extremely quick look at your nation tells me that, rather than optimizing soldiers, what you really need is to get your Trades in order:

- Find Trade partners.

- Get the Foreign Ministry Improvement for the extra Trade slot. If you can buy infrastructure to get the extra improvement slot just do it, otherwise trade one of your two Banks for it.

Back to military, for the time being just keep your soldiers at 20%+ of your citizens count: at your size you don't need to worry about attacks (soldiers have basically no military purpose). That will change as your nation grows.

TBH to best fix your nation you need comprehensive guidance, i.e. expert advice (not just you, we all need/needed it). You can find it in most alliances - some being better than others of course. You can also go on on your own and learn stuff by trial and error, it will be less efficient (and horribly so) but it may also be more entertaining - it all depends on what you're looking for in this game.

Good luck and have fun! 🙂

Edited by jerdge
typo - fixing/clarifying a couple of sentences

• admin locked this topic