Persona Non Grata Magnum Opus

6 hours ago, SirWilliam said:

Oh god, that brings back memories (as a spectator, mind you).

The beautiful part was the way everyone thought of them as some great, huge unknown. A lot of alliances were tied to them at one time or another.

And then they turned out to be the most inactive people ever.

The night they were attacked, we tried to find out what the hell was going on because my (then) alliance was allied to them. We waited the amount necessary to cancel our treaty before it dawned on us that they were never going to get back to us, so we considered our deal null.

It was weeks -- and I do mean weeks -- later that their great leader finally messaged us.

My weirdest experience in FA damage control. But there was literally nothing else to do. If they'd said all the spying charges were BS we would have been happy to fight. Instead, we got silence. It turned out to all be true, but we found out when everyone else did and after the mea culpa we got from Terry.

Got flak for sitting on my hands, but I wasn't about to push my face into a buzzsaw for someone who wouldn't even take my calls.

/derail

Yes, smash things! Go <checks thread title> oh....I only sort of know what's going on, honestly.

The world is stupid and awful. Sadly, given the sorry state of my nation all I can do is watch it burn.

Anyway, yes, smash things!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, Thrash said:

Terry Howard, lol.

Lol, Terry Howard.  I remember when he was a powerful voice/force on CN.  He hated me especially after accusing me of setting up Brothers of the Storm to ignite the Unjust War, saying that I coerced BoTS to needle Genmay into attacking them.  BoTS was White sphere, and Terry Howard had decided that he was responsible for the entire sphere. I assured Terry that it wasn't just me, but my Emperor, Electron Sponge who coerced the Brotherhood to needle Genmay into igniting that poweder keg. The rest is history... :)

If I had to mention only one individual with really an heavy and intimidating tone and presence, on top of really a great intelligence and political clout, courage and defiance, I'd probably choose Electron Sponge.

No offence meant to anyone else, but only a very few (that I know of) aren't/weren't dwarfed in comparison, and none of those few is still in activity.

(Full disclosure: for most of his career I definitely didn't like what ES was doing, basically every single darn time.)

35 minutes ago, jerdge said:

If I had to mention only one individual with really an heavy and intimidating tone and presence, on top of really a great intelligence and political clout, courage and defiance, I'd probably choose Electron Sponge.

No offence meant to anyone else, but only a very few (that I know of) aren't/weren't dwarfed in comparison, and none of those few is still in activity.

(Full disclosure: for most of his career I definitely didn't like what ES was doing, basically every single darn time.)

Agreed. Working with him -- albeit briefly -- was one of the few highlights of my CN career.

I mean...  I was expecting to be kept in anarchy..  but the 50% of bob I'm at war with are so useless they can't even do that.

Stewie_Round.png 

Shots Fired...

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!

Defeat Alert with my first attack against a new FTW nation... :smug:

Screenshot_20190916-222649_Chrome.jpg 

2 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

Again, this all just seems so familiar 😁

The funny thing is 3 of the nation's are bill locked

And @conistonslim

That's not how I remember it back when I was in the Oculus leadership channels..  but could well have happened towards the end when there was a changeover of a few alliance leaderships who had a different view on the world than we originally did.

EDIT:

The fight back continues...

unknown.png 

Edited by Stewie

20 hours ago, conistonslim said:

The irony LOL. NG were Oculus puppets for what seemed like years. 

If you read the original DoW thread on NG posted by LoD (56 pages long before modlock). some of the argument there was that apparently NG weren't puppets enough.  Some others didn't want to touch that thread with a 10 foot pole either (rather than just gag orders), which is respectable.

15 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

Again, this all just seems so familiar 😁

Yes, touche.  I'd say that 'familiar' feeling is well improved for us though, in the following way:

By fighting RFI AND Oculus... AT THE SAME TIME! 

1 hour ago, King Cyan said:

By fighting RFI AND Oculus... AT THE SAME TIME! 

Would rather just be fighting FTW alone, but that was too much to ask for. I get no joy from fighting Legion. Don't really give a F about ODN or IRON either. One target, FTW. If some NPO nations get mixed in that's cool, but no reason to be fighting all the others.

Edited by Thrash

17 minutes ago, Stewie said:

To be fair, for someone who is basically running off aid only, @Joseph Black is doing well

Stewie,

A fun war no doubt. Bringing people together from all over Bob. Here's to many more rounds!

Sincerely,

Joseph M. Black

On 9/16/2019 at 11:29 AM, jerdge said:

Sponge had my full respect.  He had the political clout and knowledge to turn any situation into a gain for him.  Plus his intelligence was rivaled by very few in this community.  While I certainly didn't like his methods, if he said something, I usually took it seriously as a leader. 

Its a shame we don't have more like him around.  Things might be different.

(9/21/2019 2:10:34 PM) SirTwist offered peace to General Kanabis with the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities
  (9/20/2019 1:47:52 PM) SirTwist offered peace to General Kanabis with the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities
  (9/20/2019 2:22:50 AM) Bmk812 offered foreign aid to SirTwist of Twistland.
  (9/19/2019 6:32:14 PM) McGee offered foreign aid to SirTwist of Twistland.
  (9/19/2019 6:19:59 PM) SirTwist offered peace to General Kanabis with the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities
  (9/17/2019 11:25:41 PM) Lalala offered foreign aid to SirTwist of Twistland.
  (9/17/2019 11:52:20 AM) SirTwist offered peace to General Kanabis with the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities
  (9/16/2019 12:57:00 PM) SirTwist offered peace to ALFERALFER with the following reason: $%&* your dead dudes
  (9/16/2019 12:56:42 PM) SirTwist offered peace to General Kanabis with the following reason: Go fight someone else

Nation Created: 2/10/2009 11:55:47 AM (3,877 days old)
Number of Soldiers Lost: 22,218 Attacking + 503,234 Defending = 525,452 Casualties

:facepalm: Why even play?

On 9/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, ALFERALFER said:

Or you could even spend all your aids on infra, then delete it all AFTER someone declares on you.

unknown.png

This is actually a good example of Non Grata Mind Control. You can now just make them destroy the infra themselves as a result of your sheer proximity to their borders.