Jump to content
Johnny Apocalypse

Roll NPO? Also hello again

Recommended Posts

I haven't involved myself in politics since 2010, but why is this just on us (the community) to revive the game? Is the game not advertised anymore etc? Mobile game seem to be the craze at the minute, why not develop an app, and entice more new players to join? Seems like the "new" players of late, aren't new at all, and are like me, returning for a front seat to the apocalypse. 

 

Did I miss something? Do we just sit here and argue about why we're in this mess, or try and fix it? 

 

This may seem a very ignorant misinformed reply, but it's sad to see it in it's current state.. I just want to know why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, El_Azz0 said:

I haven't involved myself in politics since 2010, but why is this just on us (the community) to revive the game? Is the game not advertised anymore etc? Mobile game seem to be the craze at the minute, why not develop an app, and entice more new players to join? Seems like the "new" players of late, aren't new at all, and are like me, returning for a front seat to the apocalypse. 

 

Did I miss something? Do we just sit here and argue about why we're in this mess, or try and fix it? 

 

This may seem a very ignorant misinformed reply, but it's sad to see it in it's current state.. I just want to know why?

 

The game is as it is because the reality was there was only ever a few handfuls of people actually driving the masses around the board.  Many of those people have left, or retired to the point of almost inactivity and there has been very little interest in taking their place.  There was a lot of talent here, most of it is gone.  The run of the mill alliance player was never good enough to make things happen, and so they sit here and contemplate why the community is as it is. 

 

Too many stupid people, with a complete lack of comprehension of what drives the game, having input into driving the game for their own agenda rather than the global community effectively killed whatever resistance there was.  Here we sit, waiting for someone to do something and the people who could, after careful contemplation, couldn't be arsed anymore.  

 

For me personally, everyone I wanted to hate me probably has at some stage hated me, everyone I wanted to kill has been killed and as far as I am concerned, I have SFA left to achieve that is remotely interesting to me.  Therefore, unless I get inspired, I won't do too much too often.... and unfortunately I am not alone in this regard.

 

Face it, the game was won a while ago now, we are just waiting to turn off the lights.  Please sweet lord, turn off the lights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

 Therefore, unless I get inspired, I won't do too much too often.... and unfortunately I am not alone in this regard.

 

Hold my beer....

 

For the record: I hate liked you, you were never really on my 'side' but you always did opposition/aggression well when needed. You pushed the buttons, and even if it didn't end well at least you pushed them.

 

Ironically, there's quite the lack of initiative to do so these days

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

 

Hold my beer....

 

For the record: I hate liked you, you were never really on my 'side' but you always did opposition/aggression well when needed. You pushed the buttons, and even if it didn't end well at least you pushed them.

 

Ironically, there's quite the lack of initiative to do so these days

 

If you are going to push buttons you need to be reasonably confident of what happens when you do.  The world is so asleep I bet I could attack a single alliance, no one would defend them because they wouldn't notice or care, quite probably including the alliance attacked, threaten them with all kinds of demands up to an including moving color or disbanding and then peace them out when I felt like without really achieving anything.  This is the real issue for me now, what do I do that achieves anything?  Everyone has a treaty with everyone else or at least an ally of someone else, and the OWF is a cesspool, so there isn't even the minor joy of getting the Trollmaster2000 fired up.

 

Hard to find motivation to be an evil attention seeking arsehole when no one notices?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complains about people being asleep, joins Oculus. You can't complain about everyone being treatied to everyone when you are part of it. There are no sides anymore, your AA put the nail in the coffin on that. 

 

The other problem is the whole not calling people in to defend them. F that !@#$. Missed out on so many wars because we were told to sit out.

Edited by Thrash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Thrash said:

Complains about people being asleep, joins Oculus. You can't complain about everyone being treatied to everyone when you are part of it. There are no sides anymore, your AA put the nail in the coffin on that. 

 

The other problem is the whole not calling people in to defend them. F that !@#$. Missed out on so many wars because we were told to sit out.

 

Not complaining, observing.   There is currently two clear sides, one just lacks the fortitude to do what must be done whilst the other sits waiting for them to make their move.

 

If you want to do something however,  you actually have to commit to it.  That means you have to take a risk or two but those with courage and vision are long gone from ''Side II''.  If everyone from ''Side II'' dropped their external treaties they would have a proper shot at the title..... but no one is giving up their ties to Oculus anytime soon, both because they are lazy and because they know the end result.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two sides are in ignorance. It's clear each side needs to do the opposite, but I have given up all for a small ideology so I am happy to leave the "supremacists".

My Less than a Main Battle Tank is fine for what can live with me and what also can not,. A meager 10k tech, once a Dreadnought, now a Light Armour Vehicle. 500 in the rankings (that was 750 in less reasonable times). I can rebuild three times and haven't been serious since 2012. 

 

I built an alliance because I was sick of apathy that marks alliances fully obsolete, that can't even recruit and crystallize as a dead structure because they must inevitably fail even the status of competing rigid cookie cutter shapes.

It's not worth pumping tech to alliances more interested in maintaining power than fighting for what any would believe, in fact, it is counterintuitive. They aren't people, not even savages, but oppressors less trigger happy than a psycho yet happy enough to assault even decent for "not being decent". Even War lovers depart as they do not get wars, for their alliances are cowardly, or alliances are sick of wars reducing them to micro status and order them to peace.

 

Unsurprising it is that the obliteration of minority forces is the inevitable conclusion of one world order. Unsurprising too no thing remarkable is left.

 

There was plenty that wasn't worth war while minded only to  build enough armaments to kill ourselves for the rest of time.

Edited by OldSelf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 7:25 AM, AlmightyGrub said:

The game is as it is because the reality was there was only ever a few handfuls of people actually driving the masses around the board.  Many of those people have left, or retired to the point of almost inactivity and there has been very little interest in taking their place.  There was a lot of talent here, most of it is gone.  The run of the mill alliance player was never good enough to make things happen, and so they sit here and contemplate why the community is as it is. 

 

Too many stupid people, with a complete lack of comprehension of what drives the game, having input into driving the game for their own agenda rather than the global community effectively killed whatever resistance there was.  Here we sit, waiting for someone to do something and the people who could, after careful contemplation, couldn't be arsed anymore.

For once I mostly disagree with you here. In CN old times we had a few talented leaders, sure, but there's no reason for talent not to be present in the new leaders as well.

For several years, maybe up to ten years we actually also had a total of probably hundreds of good and excellent players spread across dozens of acceptably competent alliances, each of which had a lively pool of active top and middle level management that ran things internally and externally: there's no good reason to think that the random (stochastic) loss of a talented few explains the death of CN.

 

Why did we decline, then? Honestly I don't know for sure - it's obviously much easier to hint at the (big, anyway) flaws in your explanation, than to develop and to present an alternative one.

In general, every society is always at risk of decline, often an irreversible one. It can be that its (power) structures become unable to continue to solve its problems - the internal dynamics explanation - or that its relationship with its own environment degenerates or it simply reaches the point at which it can't be sustained anymore - the external reason explanation. Or both things!

The (political) power structure of CN may have become too fossilized, regardless of the individual will of its components, or the dynamics of CN statistics might have reached exhaustion - or both - and the players' enjoyment simply declined, thus players left.


In my view, political unipolarity, the game involution towards (only) war dynamics, the tech/money(/land) "inflation", all contributed to frustrate the politically-active players, all those that didn't just want to play "just another war game", nation builders and others, by stifling political and statistical competition. The game wasn't any more the fun it used to, many (most) active players left, alliances died and here we are.

 

 

On 6/28/2019 at 2:24 AM, AlmightyGrub said:

The world is so asleep I bet I could attack a single alliance, no one would defend them because they wouldn't notice or care, quite probably including the alliance attacked, threaten them with all kinds of demands up to an including moving color or disbanding and then peace them out when I felt like without really achieving anything.  This is the real issue for me now, what do I do that achieves anything?  Everyone has a treaty with everyone else or at least an ally of someone else, and the OWF is a cesspool, so there isn't even the minor joy of getting the Trollmaster2000 fired up.

Ha ha I 100% agree with all of this. Well said.

Edited by jerdge
Removing part of the first quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...