Idea to fix the game

Pastor Jason

8 hours ago, Horus Lytton said:

AAs create spheres networking/rejecting other spheres, that size is macro-micro dynamically altered. A limitation would have no effect by the same group only splitting up and still being a part of a larger, albeit additional, subject among them.

You have a point but this would likely make a more fertile ground for coups and such.

I would not expect ancient alliances to fracture completely, rather- the treaty web might become a bit more disentangled in favor of personal grievances and former rivalries.

Everyone talks about the good old days... some of us are still adamant about enjoying the game in it's current state, why not recycle some of that drama?

Edited by General Kanabis

I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a stagnation. Everybody’s too big or scared of losing their pixels. Tech deals are two rounds worth. Nations are going inactive. Tech sellers keep a nuke under the counter. Furries are running wild in the cyberverse and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the game is unfit to play and our treaties are unfit to make real war, and we sit watching our screens while some local statistics expert tells us that today we had fifteen deletes and sixty-three multi busts, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in our AA's, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our alliance. Let me have my pixels and my tech and my wonders and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’

Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your AA leader, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the stagnation and the inflation and the Furries and the cheating in the game. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a CN player, god-dammit! My nation has value!’ So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the OWF. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

mad-as-hell.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, Xanth said:

The only thing that would bring this game back and attract new players is to package it into an app, add some cheap graphics and an alliance chat box. If cn doesnt go mobile and stays in a browser only then it will continue to die.

Browser based games went out of style years ago and replaced by mobile platform. I'm only.back to reconnect with a few people and try to pull them into much better mobile games.

Browser game popularity was initially marketed on a different foundation I think. We're talking about the era of top vote websites but now marketing is based mostly around algorithms, or chance based on how much you'll pay for a percentage opportunity to get an ad viewed, and even then you are only hoping the person is not only interested but has the time and will power to do so.

On Google Play however it is easy to brand something retro so if the staff and some donors got together to put up some pixel/light graphics and have the nation stats and alliance affiliations linked or transferred to the app system and put on Play then you have something to brand as both text based and retro with some graphics to back it up. People love retro, it is it's own brand. Guaranteed 4 stars at least and I don't think you would need a reset at all. Just back it up when ready and transfer it over (nation/AA stats I mean but I'm not a Dev so idk)

The whole retro brand app theme brought Choose Your Own Adventure games back from the dead of the 80s for example. They're on gPlay right now. If you can't do better than that with a history like this then ... Well you know.

Edited by Kyrilnys

• 2 months later...