Idea to fix the game

Pastor Jason

Moving to gameplay discussions, Alliance Announcements is for in character inter alliance discourse.

That said, I have mixed feelings when it comes to creating new servers. I think a major downside it presents is that it fractures the player base. If our operating theory is that many people would be off put by a full reset (due to years of invested time), creating a new server that siphons off younger active players would only seem to accelerate problems as it further weakens the replacement rate on the original server, while the new server remains under adopted. 

I think the idea of accelerating the pace of play with multiple updates a day (12:00 and 24:00 for instance) holds some potential, but I suspect up scaling every aspect of the game (10x like you say) would be challenging to implement and open up the game to major imbalances if not carefully designed.

4 hours ago, Xanth said:

That would for sure kill the game. You gotta figure a minimum of 80% of people would walk away from it after putting in years of work and money just to have their progress reset.

The games already dead... This would allow new players to take root. I would love to restart... Alot of people i kno are wanting this to happen. Why hold on to a corpse? What do u gain by slowly watching this place die? When u can have resurrection?

2 hours ago, socrates said:

Moving to gameplay discussions, Alliance Announcements is for in character inter alliance discourse.

That said, I have mixed feelings when it comes to creating new servers. I think a major downside it presents is that it fractures the player base. If our operating theory is that many people would be off put by a full reset (due to years of invested time), creating a new server that siphons off younger active players would only seem to accelerate problems as it further weakens the replacement rate on the original server, while the new server remains under adopted. 

I think the idea of accelerating the pace of play with multiple updates a day (12:00 and 24:00 for instance) holds some potential, but I suspect up scaling every aspect of the game (10x like you say) would be challenging to implement and open up the game to major imbalances if not carefully designed.

Why accelerate anything?

The player base as you put it... Is gone. 

Whats left... Ghost town.

If wiping this server is too much for people to bear... Make a new server, and start over. Maybe kevin would want to add a few things to it... I stopped donations a while ago, but if we were starting from scratch... Something to work towards.... Id be inclined to donate again.

Those that stay in the current server... Can dream of a day that everyone comes back or something... While me and mine, are carving a new path.

The game is already brutally out of balance. Hello high tier. The only solutions for Planet Bob as is outside of a steady decline are for a reset to attempt to restart altogether or some content and platform updates which are apparently not up for consideration by admin at all. The last content update was over three years ago.

3 hours ago, eviljak said:

The games already dead... This would allow new players to take root. I would love to restart... Alot of people i kno are wanting this to happen. Why hold on to a corpse? What do u gain by slowly watching this place die? When u can have resurrection?

The only thing that would bring this game back and attract new players is to package it into an app, add some cheap graphics and an alliance chat box. If cn doesnt go mobile and stays in a browser only then it will continue to die.

Browser based games went out of style years ago and replaced by mobile platform. I'm only.back to reconnect with a few people and try to pull them into much better mobile games.

7 hours ago, Xanth said:

The only thing that would bring this game back and attract new players is to package it into an app, add some cheap graphics and an alliance chat box. If cn doesnt go mobile and stays in a browser only then it will continue to die.

Browser based games went out of style years ago and replaced by mobile platform. I'm only.back to reconnect with a few people and try to pull them into much better mobile games.

Reset or bust imo.

Tech Decay, however the topic of super nations has been quiet for a while.

What else? Transfer limits aren't a major issue with this, because this solves for the very top.

The Second least discussed yet most meaningful Suggestion (I am clearly apologetic to reiterate):

Spoiler

Tech deflation at a constant proportional rate on all nations, every day. I think the benchmark would be the time for one mean exponential decay.

Let us suppose we set the mean decay time (1 over e, or fall to 36.7879%) to 4 years. This means a 10k tech nation doing nothing for 4 years finds itself with approx. 3678.79 Tech remaining. 

[...] A reasonable theoretical limit for an active person is about 30 tech coming in per day.

[...] for simplicity sake, suppose we have pure tech depreciation of .0685% per day to achieve this:

The reasonable theoretical limit appears here as 44000 Tech, with 30 per day importation. Because of depreciation while you grow it would virtually never be achieved. Starting out from 0 and rebuilding, about 29k tech would settle as the new elite.

I would be fine if we could tweak out some of the little things, like this: https://calculator.americaoffbalance.org/

It may sound complicated, but hear me out: the game is currently simplistic, random events are nice, but they aren't dynamic to what you have. I want it to feel like a real nation, not little pixels. It may make Tropico look like child's play.

2 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Create a classic server in tandem with the currently active server.

Another server would be a fun idea. Maybe take the growth scale from TE version (trade swaps available every 5-7 days, Wonder purchases maybe not every 5 days, but shorter than every month, Lower initial infra, tech, and land costs, etc) , so someone just starting doesn't have to wait like 5-10 years to be in the "high tier" and don't reset every 3 months like TE, but maybe every 2-3 years to keep the server from stagnating. Assuming there are enough players in 2-3 years to populate this extra server. 

If the game weren't so stagnant (again, 3 years since any content updates) there might be a bigger user base.

An Admin bomb might be what kills this place off.  None of us who are left really want to see that. 

Lets get some updates!  If Admin is unwilling/unable to do it, maybe he can consider giving a trusted person the ability to do so.  A major overhaul to gameplay might be what brings back some of the inactives to give it another shot.

Otherwise, I fear that we're in a death spiral and we're just waiting for the finishing headshot.

Size restriction on AA's might liven the place up.

If bigger alliances (not all of them) weren't so focused on this desperate need to continue expanding their already bloated masses (hint the utter lack of active recruitment and increase in illicit activity), then maybe the world would undergo a drastic change of pace and environment on it's own.

When new players get here they often seek out the big alliances.

This might not have been such a big deal when there were thousands more active players, but it is a tragedy nowadays.

These people stay there, they wonder up, they become tech heavy and vastly wealthy... and then they dwindle into obscurity- into inactivity, without having ever truly played the game.

Picture yourself as a new player. Completely innocent to the thrills and the trauma you will experience here.

You arrive and you see before you an expanse of land where upon every other stop is a posse of uncouth bandits spreading mayhem, or a knightly order  of warriors defending their kin, or  a tribe of wise poets who prefer isolation- if you can picture it in your head, it probably exists here! 

You make a faction choice and no matter what you choose, you have fun.

Now; picture yourself as a prisoner. You see before you Cell Blocks A-Z, these are your choices.

No matter where you end up, the probability of being bored to extinction is a real one.

Shankings are no longer common place (this is literally the only thing you have to look forward to your whole time there).

The guards have everything under control.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 8:31 AM, Tevron said:

Any comment about possible updates, or are resets the only possibilitY?

I dont see kevin updating anything. I dont kno why hes giving up on his longtime cash cow, but he did. 

Perhaps he hasnt updated because he doesn't see a reason as the core issues with this game are still here.

Idea

He could wipe out everyone's tech... Completely reset tech in every single nation... Then make tech something you have to build rather than something u outright buy. 

Also during war... Increase tech destruction, reduce infra destruction, and increase the cap on how much money can be destroyed/stolen. For starters...

On 4/24/2019 at 5:16 PM, General Kanabis said:

Size restriction on AA's might liven the place up.

If bigger alliances (not all of them) weren't so focused on this desperate need to continue expanding their already bloated masses (hint the utter lack of active recruitment and increase in illicit activity), then maybe the world would undergo a drastic change of pace and environment on it's own. 

When new players get here they often seek out the big alliances.

This might not have been such a big deal when there were thousands more active players, but it is a tragedy nowadays.

These people stay there, they wonder up, they become tech heavy and vastly wealthy... and then they dwindle into obscurity- into inactivity, without having ever truly played the game.

Even with the reduction of the playerbase right now, I find this pointless. AAs come and go regardless of size. AAs create spheres networking/rejecting other spheres, that size is macro-micro dynamically altered. A limitation would have no effect by the same group only splitting up and still being a part of a larger, albeit additional, subject among them.