DUmb war story

Claude

21 minutes ago, Canik said:

Prove that I knew about your history and past sacrifices and ignored it. 

And no, I expected you would probably continue fighting. I wasn't just going to assume that however and not uphold my word.

Thankfully I still have my messages to Al Bundy. I'm certain he reached out to you based on what he told me. I can post them here or you can admit the truth. Honestly, I'm surprised to see how much hate COBRA and its allies hate. I haven't been with these guys that long but they are some of the most loyal and honorable people I've met. They truly fought for me to try to get me out of this mess and stood up for me. I felt your decision was very dishonorable given my past sacrifices.

Edited by Korlath

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Korlath said:

Thankfully I still have my messages to Al Bundy. I'm certain he reached out to you based on what he told me. I can post them here or you can admit the truth. 

By all means, post them so we can see the timestamp.

2 minutes ago, Canik said:

By all means, post them so we can see the timestamp.

Oh I'll post them. As soon as I get a chance to. Not sure how the time stamp is relevant. I reached out to Al on the 12th. He got back to me on the 13th with your two rounds decision. That's your idea of mercy? Then you send a second nation at me during round 2 as it was nearing the end? Seems like total over kill for the amount of damage I caused to animalz. I offered peace on day 2 of my war with them. Hardly any damage had been done. You knew about my history as of the 13th. You could have ended it then. That would have been a nice reward for my service. Instead you kept it going and threw in another nation on the 15th. 

Just now, Korlath said:

Oh I'll post them. As soon as I get a chance to. Not sure how the time stamp is relevant. I reached out to Al on the 12th. He got back to me on the 13th with your two rounds decision. That's your idea of mercy? Then you send a second nation at me during round 2 as it was nearing the end? Seems like total over kill for the amount of damage I caused to animalz. I offered peace on day 2 of my war with them. Hardly any damage had been done. You knew about my history as of the 13th. You could have ended it then. That would have been a nice reward for my service. Instead you kept it going and threw in another nation on the 15th. 

Go do your homework, as you should've done before dragging Al into this.

12 minutes ago, Canik said:

Go do your homework, as you should've done before dragging Al into this.

Im not sure what you are arguing. Which is it? Did you know or not? Did you ignore it or not? If the course of action you were taking prior to this escalating was your idea if not ignoring my past sacrifices to FTW then I'd hate to think how you would have handled my situation had I not made sacrifices for FTW in the past.

Sounds about accurate to me concerning the dates. I just asked Canik to work out a deal for Korlath since he was a good wolf and I owed him to help. Canik could have ended it after my message but no reason he had to. He said you had a round of war left, really thought that wasnt bad so I didnt push it. You did hit their protectorate or whatever they are now and i didnt have time to run down all facts.

Sometimes you got to take the beating for a mistake, and really you were doing pretty well in the wars anyway and  I planned on sending you rebuild aid to help out.

Your still a good member and I hope this ends for you but I told ya to get away from Kashmir and Cobra because they are shotty aa's. Now your in a bigger mess because Cobra likes to cause issues. 

Al

Edited by AL Bundy
Fixing my horrible language

1 minute ago, AL Bundy said:

Sounds about accurate to me concerning the dates. I just asked Canik to work out a deal for Korlath since he was a good wolf and I owed him to help. Canik could have ended it after my message but no reason he had to. He said you had a round of war left, really thought that wasnt bad so I didnt push it. You did hit their protectorate or whatever they are now and i didnt have time to run down all facts.

Sometimes you got to take the beating for a mistake, and really you were doing pretty well in the wars anyway and  I planned on sending you rebuild aid to help out.

Your still a good member and I hope this ends for you but I told ya to get away from Kashmir and Cobra because they are !@#$ aa's. Now your in a bigger mess because Cobra likes to cause issues. 

Al

Thanks for your input, Al, and thanks for taking time to try to help me out. I have always had and continue to have a lot of respect for you. Miss the Alpha Wolf days. I learned from you during our war fighting for Sparta that allies stick together. I made my bed with Sellswords who is affiliated with Cobra. Both have treated me like a friend and ally, negotiated on my behalf, and chose to fight for me. They are now at war with FTW and I will not turn their back to them after all they have done for me, there is no honor in that.

6 minutes ago, Korlath said:

Thanks for your input, Al, and thanks for taking time to try to help me out. I have always had and continue to have a lot of respect for you. Miss the Alpha Wolf days. I learned from you during our war fighting for Sparta that allies stick together. I made my bed with Sellswords who is affiliated with Cobra. Both have treated me like a friend and ally, negotiated on my behalf, and chose to fight for me. They are now at war with FTW and I will not turn their back to them after all they have done for me, there is no honor in that.

Thanks for the good words... and I understand ur a loyal guy but my guess is Cobra only accepted you because it gave them a good reason to stir stuff up not because they were defending you.

Al

Edited by AL Bundy
Fixing my horrible language

Just now, AL Bundy said:

Cobra only accepted you because it gave them a good reason to stir stuff up not because they were defending you.

We were affiliated with Korlath well before that and we bonded over Discord.

His attack of the aNiMaLz AA was met with disapproval.

It was Canik who failed to treat me with a reciprocated sense of diplomacy. It was Canik who failed to come to a concrete arrangement until it was too late, and it was Canik who only chose to continue attacks on Korlath because he was (and I'm quoting Canik here) in the "Cobrasphere".

13 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

Your still a good member and I hope this ends for you but I told ya to get away from Kashmir and Cobra because they are shotty aa's. Now your in a bigger mess because Cobra likes to cause issues. 

Al

Thanks, Al. You know me, and I hope you know I was sadden to hear it was an ex-AW we were hitting but at that point it was only 5 days left and you were fine with it so I continued with the plans we had laid out. Thanks for clearing it up. o/

1 minute ago, General Kanabis said:

We were affiliated with Korlath well before that and we bonded over Discord.

His attack of the aNiMaLz AA was met with disapproval.

It was Canik who failed to treat me with a reciprocated sense of diplomacy. It was Canik who failed to come to a concrete arrangement until it was too late, and it was Canik who only chose to continue attacks on Korlath because he was (and I'm quoting Canik here) in the "Cobrasphere".

2 rounds for hitting their protectorate seems fair to me and kortlath knew he was in the wrong. U guys should have just rebuilt him instead of getting him into more war.... 

Al

7 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

Thanks for the good words... and I understand ur a loyal guy but my guess is Cobra only accepted you because it gave them a good reason to stir stuff up not because they were defending you.

Al

I can understand why you would believe this but it's far from the truth. I was kept in the loop about how the situation was being handled and GK was definitely doing his best to keep this from escalating. Canik is the one who met us with disdain and political posturing. I stuck with you and Alpha Wolfs since day 2 of my nation's founding and followed you to CLAWS because you're an honorable guy. I respect honor and honesty and have made that my mantra. I hope you believe me when I tell you that GK was trying hard to resolve this issue peacefully. I wouldn't have stuck around with them if I didn't believe that.

3 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

2 rounds for hitting their protectorate seems fair to me and kortlath knew he was in the wrong. U guys should have just rebuilt him instead of getting him into more war.... 

Al

And 2 rounds is what he was already dealing with when he made the move to Kashmir.

The only thing that still made him a target at that point was Canik's contempt for me personally and his obsession that Korlath not out damage his fighters. How is this anything but petty?

1 minute ago, Korlath said:

I can understand why you would believe this but it's far from the truth. I was kept in the loop about how the situation was being handled and GK was definitely doing his best to keep this from escalating. Canik is the one who met us with disdain and political posturing. I stuck with you and Alpha Wolfs since day 2 of my nation's founding and followed you to CLAWS because you're an honorable guy. I respect honor and honesty and have made that my mantra. I hope you believe me when I tell you that GK was trying hard to resolve this issue peacefully. I wouldn't have stuck around with them if I didn't believe that.

I'll believe you. Still their leadership is lacking. Instead of getting you out of war they got you in a bigger mess... 

Al

11 minutes ago, Canik said:

Thanks, Al. You know me, and I hope you know I was sadden to hear it was an ex-AW we were hitting but at that point it was only 5 days left and you were fine with it so I continued with the plans we had laid out. Thanks for clearing it up. o/

Yeah, only 5 days left and you sent yet another nation to maximize damage against me. Like GK said, your course of action was motivated by your contempt of Cobra and pettiness and was not the way you should have handled a situation involving a nation who fought to defend your alliance in the past.

Edited by Korlath

2 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

And 2 rounds is what he was already dealing with when he made the move to Kashmir.

The only thing that still made him a target at that point was Canik's contempt for me personally and his obsession that Korlath not out damage his fighters. How is this anything but petty?

Then u dont understand rounds.... because he was on is second soon ending then u declared the war...

Al

Just now, General Kanabis said:

Sometimes you need a bigger mess for the world to wake the $%&@ up.

We can't let your pixel hugging pals do what they want forever.

Ya let me know what you teach FTW, CLAWS, Legion, and so on.... A smart leader would know when a lesson can be given and when to recognize someone mistakes and help them out.

Al

3 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

Ya let me know what you teach FTW, CLAWS, Legion, and so on.... A smart leader would know when a lesson can be given and when to recognize someone mistakes and help them out.

Al

You're absolutely right, Al. Words like this is exactly why I followed you for so long. And it's because of this exactly that I don't think Canik is a smart leader. It was my hope that he realized I had made a mistake. As I had explained to you when I petitioned your help I did not realize that Animalz was protected, that was my mistake. I had hope that given my sacrifice to FTW in the past as a member of CLAWS they would recognize I made a mistake and help me out. I guess this is where we disagree, though. I don't think two rounds and attempting to maximize damage against me days before round 2 was about to end was deserved given my sacrifice to FTW in the past.

1 minute ago, Korlath said:

You're absolutely right, Al. Words like this is exactly why I followed you for so long. And it's because of this exactly that I don't think Canik is a smart leader. It was my hope that he realized I had made a mistake. As I had explained to you when I petitioned your help I did not realize that Animalz was protected, that was my mistake. I had hope that given my sacrifice to FTW in the past as a member of CLAWS they would recognize I made a mistake and help me out. I guess this is where we disagree, though. I don't think two rounds and attempting to maximize damage against me days before round 2 was about to end was deserved given my sacrifice to FTW in the past.

My alliance and my allies are top priority. I had told Sanix he would have help. The 2nd nation was meant to be in earlier. I was just honoring my word. You *assume* it was to maximize damage.

11 minutes ago, Canik said:

My alliance and my allies are top priority. I had told Sanix he would have help. The 2nd nation was meant to be in earlier. I was just honoring my word. You *assume* it was to maximize damage.

Own up to it Canik. You were concerned about me out damaging you in round 1. That has been established (see Cobra DOW). You wanted to rectify that in round 2 and when it wasn't happening you sent help. It's your contempt of Cobra and your obsession with me not outdamaging you that drove your course of action and got us into this mess.

Edited by Korlath

32 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

Well there's your answer.

I am not now, and I have never claimed to be smart.

I am a complete idiot but I know one thing- FTW sucks and they will fade away without ever accomplishing anything on their own.

Exactly, it's your obsession with FTW that started the war, instead of helping Korlath. Rebuilding him and providing someone he could ask about raid targets would have been the better move.

Al