I shall take my leave now

CubaQuerida

Well it's been real.  Thank you all for making this a very enjoyable and challenging experience.  The sun has set on my time here for now and I have instructed admin to place me into dormancy.  I have enjoyed my existence here more than most, admittedly.  Rather than worry about what caused what, or who did such and such, I choose to reflect back on my time here and say thank you to everyone who was a part of the experience that is Planet Bob: good, bad and ugly.

The Doomcave will be left in the capable hands of my POW, Jerel of Steeldor.  Those of you who know how to reach me can find me in the afterlife, but for now, I relinquish my grip on the reins of DBDC and her glorious pixels.  

Thank you again to everyone who influenced my path here and whose path I've influenced, this has been a very fulfilling journey.

Sincerely,

Cuba

2 hours ago, Mogar said:

What was the point of growing if you didn't intend on burning it all off?

Mogar it's a pain in the ass to burn it all off. I had a 1/3 the tech of Cuba and I'm positive 1/10 the wc. I've been trying to burn off my nation for the last 6 months. 

Sure the slightly quicker route would be to rogue NPO, but ultimately that wouldn't have been as fun a route. 

Cuba knows how long it'd take to burn off his nation and I'm sure can't be arsed putting in the time for the next 6 months to a year plus. Also dormancy means he could come back if there is any last big war before the game dies off. 

@CubaQuerida please don't leave me. How will I win any ga's? 

8 hours ago, Mogar said:

IRON would be the better target, since it would offend less people and it would be easy to burn off nations if you actually hit any of the various inactives taking up the top 250.

Some of DBDC’s enemies tried to push the idea that DBDC would eventually roll everyone in an attempt to organize against DBDC.  Cuba made it clear by his actions that is not the case.  DBDC has a treaty with IRON.  They are friends.  Why break that just because on is leaving?  

Congratulations for having explored the limits of what could be done statistically with a Cyber Nation, you have been a master in optimizing stuff and in getting the most out of all the game mechanics. Definitely one of the best players in that field, if not the very best one. You've also been more than decent in CN politics when it still meant something, good job on that too.

When it came to discussing the game with me and others you've mostly been a jerk - not always, I'll give that to you - but honestly... it actually didn't mean anything: it's always been inconsequential as Admin didn't actually care. At all.

I'd bury that hatchet but I forgot long ago where I put it. Yawn.

Goodbye and good luck, I wish you all the best for your RL, especially for your family. Take care.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, Mogar said:

IRON would be the better target, since it would offend less people and it would be easy to burn off nations if you actually hit any of the various inactives taking up the top 250.

Pity you're not in the top 250 so I could make you eat those words.

Cuba, I haven’t posted in this realm in many years, but I must on this occasion. I have warred against countless top nation rulers in my time and, honestly, you are one of the very few I respect as a fighter. This is not because of the stats you have accumulated but due to your actual skill.

Thank you for the fight and thank you for inviting me to ride with the Doombirds.

You, sir, have my utmost respect. Godspeed to you and your little Doombird. 

20 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

Pity you're not in the top 250 so I could make you eat those words.

Consider fighting a war or two and you'd not have been able to collect all that bloat. :(

me:

Number of Soldiers Lost: 3,174,612 Attacking + 7,025,537 Defending = 10,200,149 Casualties
Casualty Rank:

Ranked #143 of 3,195 Nations (Top 4.48%)

you:

Number of Soldiers Lost: 863,218 Attacking + 2,082,786 Defending = 2,946,004 Casualties
Casualty Rank:

Ranked #836 of 3,195 Nations (Top 26.17%)

6 hours ago, Mogar said:

Consider fighting a war or two and you'd not have been able to collect all that bloat. :(

me:

Number of Soldiers Lost: 3,174,612 Attacking + 7,025,537 Defending = 10,200,149 Casualties
Casualty Rank:

Ranked #143 of 3,195 Nations (Top 4.48%)

you:

Number of Soldiers Lost: 863,218 Attacking + 2,082,786 Defending = 2,946,004 Casualties
Casualty Rank:

Ranked #836 of 3,195 Nations (Top 26.17%)

Doesn't matter 1 casualty or 10,000,000.  My goal is to see you die a horrific death, because you're an ass.  It's just a shame I can't do it to you myself.  Maybe on my way down when I settle other scores.  Plus, it can't be helped that the IRON war machine is efficient and brutal in the way it takes large nations and makes them small.  Ask MI6.  They'll tell you.....oh that's right, you can't.

Edited by Finster Baby

Take care Cuba,

I lobbied to take you down a long time ago to get parity back in this world.  It wasn't out of malice but simply because DBDC and Umbrella were too large and simply dominated the upper tiers.  Alas I was over ruled and we stopped way short.  Enjoyed your posts even if I didn't agree.   Good luck in the after life.  Wish I could hit that button but alas even after I burned my nation im still here.  

Edited by Buds The Man

9 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

Doesn't matter 1 casualty or 10,000,000.  My goal is to see you die a horrific death, because you're an ass.  It's just a shame I can't do it to you myself.  Maybe on my way down when I settle other scores.  Plus, it can't be helped that the IRON war machine is efficient and brutal in the way it takes large nations and makes them small.  Ask MI6.  They'll tell you.....oh that's right, you can't.

Unironically bragging about a war vs. MI6...

Also (since 2011):

Mogar: 175 wars and 468,868 damage dealt. 

Finister: 27 wars and 236,279 damage dealt. 

Mogar has a terrible damage per war ratio, but then again he's a fairly small nation. But he has had nearly twice the impact damage wise that you've contributed...

15 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

Was in MI6, and have been around this planet for over a decade. IRON is a joke and always has been a joke. Please, just stop.

Cuba it’s fairly boring to see you leave this planet without roasting someone’s top tier in the process. Best of luck away from Bob.

8 hours ago, LJ Scott said:

Unironically bragging about a war vs. MI6...

Also (since 2011):

Mogar: 175 wars and 468,868 damage dealt. 

Finister: 27 wars and 236,279 damage dealt. 

Mogar has a terrible damage per war ratio, but then again he's a fairly small nation. But he has had nearly twice the impact damage wise that you've contributed...

What is the relevance of damage:war ratio? Finister's can also be considered terrible when a nation has dealt more damage in a single war than he has in all 17 of his combined.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:23 AM, Finster Baby said:

Hahahahahahahaha.

You appear to be the real ass here for several reasons.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:23 AM, Finster Baby said:

I have done more for this community in any given year I was a part of it than you have in your entire career, and I will outlast you, this is my third nation total, my second was banned at rank #35 for casualties post Karma, I fight in every conflict I can because the true purpose of this game was not to sit around for 5 years collecting taxes and tech.

When this game was fresh, it was to fight for things that actually mattered more than simply sitting around and dying slowly of inactivity, but because of a suicide pact you agreed to so long ago with NPO it's gotten to the point that it doesn't even matter, several alliances besides NPO individually could roll IRON as has been shown but your inability to deal with things in the lower tiers and due to the spread of NS, most of your alliance is going to do absolutely nothing for the rest of their existence because you'd rather hold onto your husk allies than acknowledge they're dead and toss them aside, and the other half is going to be tech farms that will get demolished every war you fight since the only opposing alliances are those who have been rolled over and over again.

It can certainly be helped that the IRON war machine is efficient at choosing the winning side no matter what allies get screwed over in the process, your history is not one I would be proud of years from now when the plug is finally pulled on this world. What you will never understand, especially in a thread regarding Cuba leaving of all things, is losing is sometimes the better option, keeping statistics in a spreadsheet game from 2005 is probably not something you want to be bragging about. If and when you hit me on the way down, I'm not going to give a !@#$ because it's all meaningless numbers besides casualties.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, Mogar said:

[...] the true purpose of this game [...]

"The true purpose of this game" was for each player to choose, I thought that a venerable veteran like you had realized this many years ago.

(I say "was" because I can't bring myself to consider this a game anymore, to me it's a mausoleum.)

On 1/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, CubaQuerida said:

I have instructed admin to place me into dormancy.

Hey get a load o this guy huh

On 2/10/2019 at 5:12 AM, jerdge said:

I can't bring myself to consider this a game anymore, to me it's a mausoleum.)

It's a Rolling Stones show in 2019